1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure

Hey, what's wrong with this picture?

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure

It looks pretty similar to the one on the DX10, so it shouldn't be hard.

Not that I'd be looking for that fix.

Bingo. The grey shirt from the TTM117 or the DX10 will be close enough in color and is big enough to fit the Arnie sized bodies. I don't think that flipping the shirt around will be the solution. The collars are cut properly so it would look the same as if we all wore our shirts backwards

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version)

Finally, thank you HT!!! It looks amazing :D. My T1 collection is almost complete. Just need an Endo and I'll be happy ^_^. Kyle would be a bonus. It's hard to decide between T1 and T2 in terms of favorites but I must say T1 has more machine like vibe to Arny than T2. He's a lot more intimidating in first movie.

And cmon! Tech-Noir look may be not be as recognizable, but I think that's the "fresh Terminator look", how they are rolled off the assembly line, plus he's more bulkier which lends itself to the believability of machine underneath the skin! :) T2 Arnie didn't had that same physique.

Is there going to be a poll of who is getting this? I'm curious to see how many people will and will not without reading through all the pages.

70 pages in 12 hours is a pretty tell-tale sign of the popularity. Other less popular figs take weeks-a month(s) to hit 70-80 pages. Insanely popular figs would be 100+ pages at this point

Finally, thank you HT!!! It looks amazing :D. My T1 collection is almost complete. Just need an Endo and I'll be happy ^_^. Kyle would be a bonus. It's hard to decide between T1 and T2 in terms of favorites but I must say T1 has more machine like vibe to Arny than T2. He's a lot more intimidating in first movie.

And cmon! Tech-Noir look may be not be as recognizable, but I think that's the "fresh Terminator look", how they are rolled off the assembly line, plus he's more bulkier which lends itself to the believability of machine underneath the skin! :) T2 Arnie didn't had that same physique.

Absolutely! All of those beginning scenes where he wore the TN outfit are just as memorable as anything else. Especially:

Bingo. The grey shirt from the TTM117 or the DX10 will be close enough in color and is big enough to fit the Arnie sized bodies. I don't think that flipping the shirt around will be the solution. The collars are cut properly so it would look the same as if we all wore our shirts backwards
The issue with the collar tailoring is my concern, but Difabio says it wasn't an issue with previous HT figures. I personally won't be as satisfied with a plain gray shirt at this point, though, because there is a specific design on this character's shirt. Plain gray shirts were fine for kitbashes when that is all we had available, but it's a pretty noticeable omission if you take a close look at the figure.

Absolutely! All of those beginning scenes where he wore the TN outfit are just as memorable as anything else. Especially:

I love that scene! Especially the way he says "Uzi 9mm!" for some reason. :lol

Memorable for sure!

Looks good. But the DX13 battle damaged T2 figure looks better and is still a better figure overall... And I still need to get that one in my collection! This is an easy pass for me...

You lost me at T2 ;)

The issue with the collar tailoring is my concern, but Difabio says it wasn't an issue with previous HT figures. I personally won't be as satisfied with a plain gray shirt at this point, though, because there is a specific design on this character's shirt. Plain gray shirts were fine for kitbashes when that is all we had available, but it's a pretty noticeable omission if you take a close look at the figure.

Oh, is there a distinct difference with the pt.1 & 2 shirts? I didn't realize. In that case I'm surprised that HT didn't include a clean shirt with this. They definitely should have

70 pages in 12 hours is a pretty tell-tale sign of the popularity. Other less popular figs take weeks-a month(s) to hit 70-80 pages. Insanely popular figs would be 100+ pages at this point

I would assume that means this will be a big seller. Sometimes though, there have been discussions regarding it's flaws from those who are not interested in the figure, so I just wanted to be sure, but Terminator seems to always be a big seller. I'm still debating about whether I want this or not, but it is an awesome figure... It would go nice with a 1/6 Endoskeleton if they release a new one.

Timcent still has no PO open on this.
Contemplating on again ordering from china for getting it earlier, otherwise my german seller won´t get it until january and for $273,78 each...

Oh, is there a distinct difference with the pt.1 & 2 shirts? I didn't realize. In that case I'm surprised that HT didn't include a clean shirt with this. They definitely should have

I just remember that the T1 one was sleeveless when he was cutting out his eyeball in the bathroom. Don't remember the quality or the texture of the shirts though.

Memorable for sure!

:lol:lol We watched this (again) a couple of weeks ago and my girl has been running that line in Arnie voice over and over. IDK why but every time she busts out with that out of nowhere it cracks me up

Last edited:

I would assume that means this will be a big seller. Sometimes though, there have been discussions regarding it's flaws from those who are not interested in the figure, so I just wanted to be sure, but Terminator seems to always be a big seller. I'm still debating about whether I want this or not, but it is an awesome figure... It would go nice with a 1/6 Endoskeleton if they release a new one.

Yea, I know what you mean. Sometimes the pages add up filled with a ton of disapproval. Most times I think page count to life span of the thread ratio is a good indicator of popualrity though.

I imagine this will definitely be a popular one. The DX13 is already waitlisted and this version was what most fans wanted over the Tech Noir look in the first place. People have been waiting for this for a while not to mention it's nearly $100 less than the DX13. This won't last long after it's in stock at SS.

Memorable for sure!

More like "Uzi 9 Millimeeva" :lol

Man I'm super pumped for this one. I can't leave this hobby, it's near impossible.

I don't think it was supposed to age well. It was obviously a time-specific look, but I think that's part of the appeal. Like Marty McFly, the guys from Easy Rider, various Western characters or futuristic characters, etc. I do think the police shootout look is more "iconic" in the sense that it was on the poster, and is from what is probably the most memorable line and scene from the film. But I personally like both about equally.

Fair enough. It's just not the look that comes to mind when I think of the film. Maybe I'm just not the Terminator fan some of you are. :)

I'm sure a lot of that does have to do with the movie poster, T2, etc... Mind you, I was very young when I saw this movie, too. So I didn't necessarily remember things the way they actually were, if you get my meaning. When I rematches it for the first time as an adult, I was surprised by that cheesy tech noire shirt, the music, etc.

All great scenes, sure, but come on - NOTHING is more memorable than "I'll be back." :)

Like y'all, this is my definitive piece. I have a very minimalist collection compared to say, A-dev, with only Tech Noir, DX13, T-1000 (cop plus biker versions) and the old Endo. This piece will be center stage.

BTW, I actually really like the Tech Noire as a figure, its still one of the best HT has produced in this line (although I always preferred the PS punk look best). But I think this messed up BD shootout version will look great as compliment to the cleaner Tech Noir look with the awesomely bad middle-parted surfer hair.

Got my copy pre-ordered through APCollectibles for $196 and free in store pick up - can't wait.

Ordered from AE - $225 Shipped (used a few bucks from reward points).

I still can't believe they included the "Get OUT!" head and it's pretty damn accurate. So, question: What( if anything) could they do as a DX? We already have a Tech Noir with BD head, now this with two more BD heads, I mean, after we saw him in the Semi "Get Out!" scene, he basically perished in the Semi fire so there is NO other Human Cyborg version to do, just the Endo (chromed paint apps hopefully), Kyle( maybe a Tech Com/ Green Trench DX or 2 in 1) also the later BD Kyle with blue trench and I think we're done with the line here. Unlikely to do a Sarah, although they could pump it up with a scooter ( unlikely) or machine press to go with Endo ( more likely if HT has the chutzpa). Fun to speculate, but I think we'll see more from the T1 line for sure.

Last edited:

More like "Uzi 9 Millimeeva" :lol

Man I'm super pumped for this one. I can't leave this hobby, it's near impossible.

LOL same here. Also love when he asks the sales men for a futuristic gun. Arnie- “ Phase plasma rifle with a 45 watt range” . Salesman- “ Hey just what you see pal”. lol

Back