Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their website says:

Products lost in transit occasionally occur. customers are reminded to take all responsibility for lost or damaged packages. Once the shipment leaves our facility our responsibility ends. We will not issue refunds or ship replacements under any circumstance. These shipping methods generally do not offer tracking.

Which is a little troubling. But I am not into ordering from them so have limited experience. Doesn't hurt to talk to them.

Often times Hong Kong and Chinese sellers don't include insurance by default to keep costs low.

Hopefully they find your package. Everything takes extra time right now. A week without moving for an international package doesn't seem that unusual for these times, all things considered.
Wow, I'd never buy something major from a company that posted that.

Their website says:

Products lost in transit occasionally occur. customers are reminded to take all responsibility for lost or damaged packages. Once the shipment leaves our facility our responsibility ends. We will not issue refunds or ship replacements under any circumstance. These shipping methods generally do not offer tracking.

Which is a little troubling. But I am not into ordering from them so have limited experience. Doesn't hurt to talk to them.

Often times Hong Kong and Chinese sellers don't include insurance by default to keep costs low.

Hopefully they find your package. Everything takes extra time right now. A week without moving for an international package doesn't seem that unusual for these times, all things considered.

That's literally the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen a company say. How absolutely absurd. Tell them your credit card company doesn't care about their BS. Might not be able to order there again but who cares.

Wow, I'd never buy something major from a company that posted that.
That's literally the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen a company say. How absolutely absurd. Tell them your credit card company doesn't care about their BS. Might not be able to order there again but who cares.
Absolutely.

Here's the page where it gives that warning:

https://toyswonderland.com/pages/shipping-tracking
I know there are people that like buying from them, and that's fine, but this is one of the reasons why I prefer not to buy directly from sellers out of Hong Kong and China.

It may be advisable for anyone that does to see if they will let you pay extra for shipping insurance in case of loss, because they are not covering that on their end as is the norm for other countries.

Arrived earlier this week from KG Hobby.
20210715_103624.jpg
20210715_103654.jpg

Attachments

• 20210715_103632.jpg
    20210715_103632.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 36
Received the set today it's really beautiful.
I tried to pose the trooper but he couldn't arch enough to look like he's supposed to so i modded it and I'm pretty happy with the results.
JointPics_20210716_235205.JPG

This is how I cut the fatsuit
sketch-1626471443926.png

I might cut at the waist to add more articulation.

Wonder if anybody already looked at how to dismantle the bike, i would like to paint it brown to have a Jedi version Wich is my actual goal but i had no patience to wait for hot toys

Yikes, that lost package policy of theirs is trash. I have quite a few figures on order through them and have bought tons in the past and always been lucky, I do tend to use DHL for my shipping option. I was thinking of doing the cheaper EMS but now, DHL imo is more reliable. As of late I’ve been back ordering through Sideshow except the Armorer

It’s a ****** policy but that’s the risk you take, they mark the value down so we don’t have to pay extortionate customs fees, but the trade off is being unable to have it insured.

If you paid by paypal you just file a complain, that policy won't work you are protected.
TOY WONDERLAND are the worst better use onesixthkit kghobby giantoy, timcent or private buyers like Samuel cheuk cheuk.

Finally got mine unboxed and set up, wow I'm impressed with it. Has a lot of presence in the collection. One of my favorite pieces. Makes me look forward to the eventual ROTJ version. I'll keep both.

Any tips for getting the pose with the trooper on the bike, left hand on handle bar and right hand out with the blaster like in the promo shots? I can't get the Scout to stay on the bike - keeps tilting and sliding off the side.

I got my email. I think I’m gonna need to cancel this and hope it’s still in stock later because I just checked my bank account for this month and all I have to say is OOF :lol
Been there man; probably a lot of folks have. Wouldn't have got this anyway without a long payment plan and some RPs $$$$ Think your odds are pretty good it will be around a while, coz of the price and competition from other speeder.

Is a beautiful set but big too. Meanwhile, why the &^%$ doesn't SSC have a nice deal on the stand alone trooper, so I could get a second trooper cheap?:cool:

Any tips for getting the pose with the trooper on the bike, left hand on handle bar and right hand out with the blaster like in the promo shots? I can't get the Scout to stay on the bike - keeps tilting and sliding off the side.

Stuff like that I cheat. Use painter's tape, masking tape, coated wire, or museum putty. Some folks don't want to risk residue or fig damage, but I've been good so far.

All in on Mando so got my pair of these cracked open. Really nice set. A few nits though...

The hand selection leaves a lot to be desired, there is no hand included to hold a regular type blaster/rifle. The weathering on the white part of the bike is nice, but the Sideshow bike surprisingly has better weathering overall. The seat especially is lacking, just smooth black plastic with no weathering or texture to give it a leather type appearance. The articulation of the scout figure is not as good as I had initially hoped and I worry a little about how the material of the boots will hold up long term.

The durability of the bike itself feels much more sturdy than the Sideshow and it cannot be understated how easy this set was to assemble compared to the Sideshow. Unboxing this was like a breath of fresh air.

I’m pretty much all in for the Mando line too so really looking forward to this set.
Good to know the bike is sturdy and easy to assemble.

Back