Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow sent out the single Scout.

First I knew of it was an email from DHL saying that tax was due to be paid.

The item cost $0 + delivery, yet they're charging tax on the full retail price, plus their £11 admin cost. :slap

I expected as much. All these couriers are alike. FedEx used to try it on all the time, ignoring any reward point discounts, so I'd have to fight them for an eventual refund. I'm sure they just pocket the difference after paying HMRC what's actually owed - which is based on the cash amount paid for an item plus its delivery cost.

After filling out a DHL online email contact form, that only allows you to post so much, I stumbled on an actual email address for invoice enquiries where I could paste the evidence from Sideshow's invoice (which DHL obviously already have anyway).

:mad:

If anyone else has problems with DHL wrongly charging customs/admin fees, all may not be lost.

It's taken just over a week but I got my first response from them:

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email.

I apologise for the discrepancy. I have logged this as a query and have passed this on to our backline team to investigate.

Here is your reference number: -------

Please be advised queries can generally take around 3 working days for a resolution however, time frames may differ depending on the nature of the query.

Please also keep an eye on your emails in case the backline team contact you back regarding the query.

Arrived yesterday. It’s a pretty large box, so I figured it was everything. But I guess I should open the box and check.

Welp, got my "delayed until August" email. *patience...must....have...patience....* :cry:
Was that from Sideshow? Mine rolled in yesterday with IG, but feel like I was paying the PO forever. Haven't had a chance to look over yet. At least when a delayed fig shows up it's something to work with, coz I am ordering less $$$$$$$. Well trying to, gave up the Heavy Gunner and Bo-katan. (I may really regret the Heavy Gunner down the road).

But I really wanted that speeder, d@mmit. Would have passed except the loooonnng PO.

Was that from Sideshow? Mine rolled in yesterday with IG, but feel like I was paying the PO forever. Haven't had a chance to look over yet. At least when a delayed fig shows up it's something to work with, coz I am ordering less $$$$$$$. Well trying to, gave up the Heavy Gunner and Bo-katan. (I may really regret the Heavy Gunner down the road).

But I really wanted that speeder, d@mmit. Would have passed except the loooonnng PO.
Yes, from Sideshow. What is strange is that I have been seeing many get some figures early and not others. When the Speeder/Scout was rolling in I was sure to get it in the first wave. I have received Endgame Cap and IG a long time ago, while my buddies are still waiting, yet they have Speeder/Scout in hand. Feels so random 🤷‍♂️

Yes, from Sideshow. What is strange is that I have been seeing many get some figures early and not others. When the Speeder/Scout was rolling in I was sure to get it in the first wave. I have received Endgame Cap and IG a long time ago, while my buddies are still waiting, yet they have Speeder/Scout in hand. Feels so random 🤷‍♂️
I think it's the "small batches coming in" that Sideshow told me about months ago when I talked to them. Like I got Mando V2 way early, but there were a lot of people who were mad they didn't get theirs. But the person at Sideshow was aware of that, but it's a shipping mess thing. I've got a Gandalf delayed for so long wonder if he will ever show up out of SSC. The guy on the phone sounded a bit distressed about it but they do know customers see other folks getting their figs and want theirs too.

I think it's the "small batches coming in" that Sideshow told me about months ago when I talked to them. Like I got Mando V2 way early, but there were a lot of people who were mad they didn't get theirs. But the person at Sideshow was aware of that, but it's a shipping mess thing. I've got a Gandalf delayed for so long wonder if he will ever show up out of SSC. The guy on the phone sounded a bit distressed about it but they do know customers see other folks getting their figs and want theirs too.
thanks for the clarification Sassafras--this helps make sense of it all, trying to brace my wallet for the waves of figs coming! Also congrats RTFlyer --please post pics for us poor souls without this figure--we live through you guys!

thanks for the clarification Sassafras--this helps make sense of it all, trying to brace my wallet for the waves of figs coming! Also congrats RTFlyer --please post pics for us poor souls without this figure--we live through you guys!
*Gloomily* dunno when shipping will settle and don't know if there will be waves of figs coming in for a while. Plus hafta assume HT production took a hit with materials and staff. Anything new I wanna order seems to be 3rd-4th quarter ship dates next year.

It's like we're all ordering customs now and they get here when they get here.
Shipping Delays Might Continue Till Christmas | BOSS Magazine
“Of course, in a connected industry the ripple-effects of disruption are everywhere. In Europe, we hear of vessels from Asia being delayed by up to three weeks, while some carriers are now omitting selected port calls all together, much to the chagrin of shippers,” Xeneta CEO Patrik Berglund told Seatrade Maritime News. “2M recently announced it would not be stopping at Rotterdam on its Asia-North Europe loops for the next seven weeks, with THE Alliance following suit. Maersk and MSC, meanwhile, are skipping Hamburg on their AE7/Condor loop for another four weeks due to ongoing congestion.”

Shipping times are more than double in 2021 what they were in pre-pandemic times. So, if you’ve got something special on that Christmas wish list, you’d better order it now. Maybe it will arrive on time.
Here's some fast cell pics anyway. I don't have time to really work with this. Overall, being a fairly new SW collector - IMO a pricey piece that's big and fragile. But gosh darn it, :p it does look amazing on the shelf. Guess I should've put the magnets in the foot pedals, tho I don't know if IG has magnets in his feet.

Takes some work and patience working with a fig. The Scout is staying in the box until I figure out what I want to do, coz the budget is usually for main characters and not all of those.:cry: The bag FYI has a wired flap so you can get the "peeking" look. I'd like the new Mando swoop bike but this one has taught me to have the space ready - top of bookcase or other. I hope everyone gets theirs soon than later - the Scout to me looks pretty good. Sort of goofy on the lower end, but the helmet has *menace*. Overall I am pretty happy, tho this set would've been a pass for me except the long SSC PO$$$$$$ which helped. IG looks great on the bike with some futzing.

mandoscout1.jpg

speederopen.jpg

Mandoig_speeder2.jpg

Mandoig_speeder1.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't save it, but I saw a picture on FB that someone got one of these in a detolf shelf, basically posed at a 45 degree angle from back lower corner to upper front corner lol

*Gloomily* dunno when shipping will settle and don't know if there will be waves of figs coming in for a while. Plus hafta assume HT production took a hit with materials and staff. Anything new I wanna order seems to be 3rd-4th quarter ship dates next year.

It's like we're all ordering customs now and they get here when they get here.
Shipping Delays Might Continue Till Christmas | BOSS Magazine

Here's some fast cell pics anyway. I don't have time to really work with this. Overall, being a fairly new SW collector - IMO a pricey piece that's big and fragile. But gosh darn it, :p it does look amazing on the shelf. Guess I should've put the magnets in the foot pedals, tho I don't know if IG has magnets in his feet.

Takes some work and patience working with a fig. The Scout is staying in the box until I figure out what I want to do, coz the budget is usually for main characters and not all of those.:cry: The bag FYI has a wired flap so you can get the "peeking" look. I'd like the new Mando swoop bike but this one has taught me to have the space ready - top of bookcase or other. I hope everyone gets theirs soon than later - the Scout to me looks pretty good. Sort of goofy on the lower end, but the helmet has *menace*. Overall I am pretty happy, tho this set would've been a pass for me except the long SSC PO$$$$$$ which helped. IG looks great on the bike with some futzing.

View attachment 530504

View attachment 530505

View attachment 530506

View attachment 530507
Congrats! Thanks for the pics Sassafras! It's a biggie! Hey I'm wondering... when did you po this set?

Congrats! Thanks for the pics Sassafras! It's a biggie! Hey I'm wondering... when did you po this set?
@Sassafras dang that just looks stunning! The IG combo with lights on...double guns up and the off-blue-white shapes of the bike....This is so incredible. Thanks for sharing!
Thanx guys! IMO just parking this one on the shelf near some figs really boosts the SW look; definitely worth picking up if 1) affordable and 2) u have display space.

Mine was PO'd April 2020 - threw some RPs in to get cost down a bit too, at the time.

Thanks! Same here... 4/2020 few days after the SS Unsealed and Revealed. I haven't recieved any delay email yet. 😬

I think Parcelforce have lost mine 😭 Reached the UK last Monday but hasn't moved since. They are trying to find it now 😒

Anyone here have anything lost by a courier when ordering from Toyswonderland? Will they send me another one or am I screwed?

I think Parcelforce have lost mine 😭 Reached the UK last Monday but hasn't moved since. They are trying to find it now 😒

Anyone here have anything lost by a courier when ordering from Toyswonderland? Will they send me another one or am I screwed?
Their website says:

Products lost in transit occasionally occur. customers are reminded to take all responsibility for lost or damaged packages. Once the shipment leaves our facility our responsibility ends. We will not issue refunds or ship replacements under any circumstance. These shipping methods generally do not offer tracking.

Which is a little troubling. But I am not into ordering from them so have limited experience. Doesn't hurt to talk to them.

Often times Hong Kong and Chinese sellers don't include insurance by default to keep costs low.

Hopefully they find your package. Everything takes extra time right now. A week without moving for an international package doesn't seem that unusual for these times, all things considered.

Their website says:

Products lost in transit occasionally occur. customers are reminded to take all responsibility for lost or damaged packages. Once the shipment leaves our facility our responsibility ends. We will not issue refunds or ship replacements under any circumstance. These shipping methods generally do not offer tracking.

Which is a little troubling. But I am not into ordering from them so have limited experience. Doesn't hurt to talk to them.

Often times Hong Kong and Chinese sellers don't include insurance by default to keep costs low.

Hopefully they find your package. Everything takes extra time right now. A week without moving for an international package doesn't seem that unusual for these times, all things considered.
That is worrying! Thankfully Parcelforce have now managed to locate it.

Back