Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pictures they put up today, some of those look real. Probably time to call my crack dealer in California to get a second set ordered up.

Missed it by 8 hrs! I've never seen such a short waitlist period, literally hours. That was the last straw, proverbially speaking and a costly mistake... never again.

Merely hours for me too. I?ve never noticed a figure do that before. So after I watched Unsealed and Revealed for this I thought I?d better not risk it. No telling how many of these they?ll make plus people are gonna be buying multiples of this I?d imagine.

I see some people who've ordered this Speederbike Set, are also adding another a single Scout Trooper (or just even two Scout and Sbike Sets) to pair up together. They share identical gear and weathering patterns it seems? Do you have any plans to differentiate the 2 Troopers from each other?

Could it be just a matter of arranging the armor and careful posing to look different. Maybe a light touch up of weathering on the armor? I know with some collectors that's a no go. Thankfully, there's significant screen reference. In the screen caps of that scene where they're sitting on the bikes looking toward the town, it looks like Trooper #2 has his forearm armor inside the gauntlet portion of his gloves, and their armor weathering is of course unique between both Troopers.

So, I was wondering what your approach would be, if any, to make them more unique when paired together?

I purchased a single Scout Trooper to go with this set. I will be touching up the weathering on it.

Samesies :lecture

I have one speeder bike set on order, I was iffy on doing it at all but the Grogu and the IG-11 combo got me. Another Scout would be great, but that's $225 I can save for a second RotJ Scout when they come out.

It's good they've got rid of the diaper/nappy look on the Scout Trooper so he has more of a ROTJ look.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Having two Remnant Stormtroopers, i swapped left and right arms body parts to have some variety. I suppose one could do the same with that Scout trooper.
Good idea!

I am personally getting the Scout with bike set and than waiting for the eventual ROTJ trooper. At least that figure will really look different (different chest armour, knee pads and less weathered).
They'll look great together, a good representations of the ISBC! I want the ROTJ versions too!

I purchased a single Scout Trooper to go with this set. I will be touching up the weathering on it.
I'm looking forward seeing your work on this guys!

ROTJ Scout Trooper announcements will be exciting. For this SB Set, I plan on having IG body guarding Grogu as well. Thumbs up on the review thanks for sharing it! This set has turned out very nice, and I like the base weathering on both the bike and scout!

So, due to all the delays in freight, I've heard shipping estimates as late as 3rd Q or even fall 2021? I'm still waiting on quite a few po's from 2nd Q. Wonder when things will begin to really improve?

Does kind of look odd that the trooper is all dusty and the bike is straight white with scratches....you would think the ROTJ clean trooper would go with this bike and the dusty Mando trooper would go with the brown bike. :lol

The boots do look better on this one. I was afraid theyd use the same stuff they had with han or tarkin. Glad to see they used a more flexible material this time.

I just ordered one direct from Hong Kong via fed ex-should have it in hand in a week max.
Justified as it?s the only hot toys il be buying until the updated batmen come out next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered one direct from Hong Kong via fed ex-should have it in hand in a week max.
Justified as it?s the only hot toys il be buying until the updated batmen come out next year

I had to have my Endgame Iron Man when there was questions about delays. Had to get him. Yeah, I might not preorder any till my BatPat figure is shown. Please make the motorcycle!

I am so happy about the love for this set. I have been wanting this forever.

Definitely a grail piece. Always wanted the three main troopers: stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, scout trooper. This came out so well it is insane.

My only grail piece left is a Quarter Scale Stormtrooper.

I am so happy about the love for this set. I have been wanting this forever.

Definitely a grail piece. Always wanted the three main troopers: stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, scout trooper. This came out so well it is insane.

My only grail piece left is a Quarter Scale Stormtrooper.

One of my ultimate grails. I had the Kenner scout trooper & speeder when I was a kid - I loved that toy.
Took it out one night & lost it-man I was destroyed!
One of my oldest memories.
This is gonna make up for it & I won?t be outside playing with it to lose it [emoji23]

Back