Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sculpt is off.

Almost every trooper bucket ever. I haven't done a comparison with the production piece, but I remember the proto being a bit stretched. With all the weathering it's less apparent but HT seems to be on the 'Good Enough' Train again. In all other respects it's a pretty stellar looking release though.

I think SSC still has the ROTJ Scout and Bike license along with C3PO.

Yes maybe.
They just re released the bike with their ROTJ SS Luke. A ROTJ scout with bike is at least 2-3 years away possibly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do people assume they have licenses for different characters? They both made ROTJ Luke.

Its simply due to Hot Toys not getting to it yet.

Oh yeah haha!!!
Forgot about that. I think this makes sense for 40th anniversary for ROTJ. They will wait until than. Need a bit of a buffer between the releases and 40th ROTJ is a good reason for a ROTJ Scout with bike release.

Oh yeah haha!!!
Forgot about that. I think this makes sense for 40th anniversary for ROTJ. They will wait until than. Need a bit of a buffer between the releases and 40th ROTJ is a good reason for a ROTJ Scout with bike release.

Doesn't Hot Toys usually ignore anniversaries? I think that special ESB packaging was a first...

Looks great!!! Now the question I?ve been asking the past year...get another scout to have 2? Don?t think I can afford another bike version.

I know it is an expensive set.
But those wanting the ROTJ, do you think you will lose money on this set? Or are you really against the white bike, trooper or both?

I think you can get it and be happy that it will not go down in price. Or just buy the ROTJ trooper without ROTJ bike, having the white Mando bike. I don?t know I think there are options.

The Mando scout will always be a saggy-titted numpty. They were designed to be comical. The whole thing is a sight gag, so these wouldn't work for ROTJ without changing the chest armour, raising the cummerbund, inverting the knee guards. The chest armour is the thing that isn't easily amended.

Consider how pert the ROTJ scout was by contrast...

bMq8n.gif

The Mando Scout is a very good looking figure based on a specific time period and a specific narrative intent.

I'd rather wait for the ROTJ version, assuming that HT doesn't just repackage the same figure with inverted knee guards and a longer cummerbund... :horror

Such an amazing set from HT. Gonna order a second batch from Toys Wonderland. Can't wait to put IG-11 on the bike to.

None of these Mandalorian figures will ever touch retail once they are sold out. May as well get them, enjoy them a while and if you get bored sell at a profit to put towards a figure you want more.

They look great and planned on getting one but will wait for a possible RoTJ version eventually.

Such an amazing set from HT. Gonna order a second batch from Toys Wonderland. Can't wait to put IG-11 on the bike to.

None of these Mandalorian figures will ever touch retail once they are sold out. May as well get them, enjoy them a while and if you get bored sell at a profit to put towards a figure you want more.

I agree. After missing the preorder window for Paz I think I’m just gonna order everything Mandalorian from here on out.

Seems like the majority are in agreement that this looks great. Either you prefer brown or white. I'm sure the brown will be released once this one about sells through.

I agree. After missing the preorder window for Paz I think I’m just gonna order everything Mandalorian from here on out.
Missed it by 8 hrs! I've never seen such a short waitlist period, literally hours. That was the last straw, proverbially speaking and a costly mistake... never again.

Last edited:
I see some people who've ordered this Speederbike Set, are also adding another a single Scout Trooper (or just even two Scout and Sbike Sets) to pair up together. They share identical gear and weathering patterns it seems? Do you have any plans to differentiate the 2 Troopers from each other?

Could it be just a matter of arranging the armor and careful posing to look different. Maybe a light touch up of weathering on the armor? I know with some collectors that's a no go. Thankfully, there's significant screen reference. In the screen caps of that scene where they're sitting on the bikes looking toward the town, it looks like Trooper #2 has his forearm armor inside the gauntlet portion of his gloves, and their armor weathering is of course unique between both Troopers.

So, I was wondering what your approach would be, if any, to make them more unique when paired together?

Having two Remnant Stormtroopers, i swapped left and right arms body parts to have some variety. I suppose one could do the same with that Scout trooper.

I see some people who've ordered this Speederbike Set, are also adding another a single Scout Trooper (or just even two Scout and Sbike Sets) to pair up together. They share identical gear and weathering patterns it seems? Do you have any plans to differentiate the 2 Troopers from each other?

Could it be just a matter of arranging the armor and careful posing to look different. Maybe a light touch up of weathering on the armor? I know with some collectors that's a no go. Thankfully, there's significant screen reference. In the screen caps of that scene where they're sitting on the bikes looking toward the town, it looks like Trooper #2 has his forearm armor inside the gauntlet portion of his gloves, and their armor weathering is of course unique between both Troopers.

So, I was wondering what your approach would be, if any, to make them more unique when paired together?

I am personally getting the Scout with bike set and than waiting for the eventual ROTJ trooper. At least that figure will really look different (different chest armour, knee pads and less weathered).

I purchased a single Scout Trooper to go with this set. I will be touching up the weathering on it.

Back