Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guaranteed he comes back quickly in Season 3. Its his show as much as it is Mandos show.

They would risk losing a lot of the casual audience with the loss of Grogu.

I think they should have some separation. Like an episode or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would bank on Grogu not returning until the very end of the series. I think the show is headed towards freeing Mandalore and a war there. I don't think Grogu would fit in well with Mando having to pick him up and hold him during battle the whole time.

I would bank on Grogu not returning until the very end of the series. I think the show is headed towards freeing Mandalore and a war there. I don't think Grogu would fit in well with Mando having to pick him up and hold him during battle the whole time.

I agree and I think this is the direction the show should go. I think during the final season Mando is going to be in an impossible situation and Grogu will save him.

Some folks dislike the Dark Troopers too. There is an obvious Terminator vibe. Personally I like them more and more to the point that I'll get multiples. There isn't any reason to expect to see them in Star Wars ever again and they were a major part of one of my favorite ever scenes. Lots people seem to be passing altogether but I think they will be really hard to find once they have sold through. They also will always be desirable because they can be displayed with Luke, Gideon, or Mando.

And Grogu as well. I can't wait for mine to ship.

Last I had heard, which of course a lot has changed the past few months so may not be the case any longer, but I had read Mando & Grogus reunion would be in some movie down the line.

I would bank on Grogu not returning until the very end of the series.

Aren't they signed on for 7 seasons? I think they'll have a viewer mutiny on their hands if they're separated for more than a season (and even that might be a hard sell after the work they've done to make viewers love the baby and the bond Grogu and Din have).

Aren't they signed on for 7 seasons? I think they'll have a viewer mutiny on their hands if they're separated for more than a season (and even that might be a hard sell after the work they've done to make viewers love the baby and the bond Grogu and Din have).

I would say the majority of people i know who watch the show watch for Grogu. Very few talk about Mando much.

I would say the majority of people i know who watch the show watch for Grogu. Very few talk about Mando much.

The majority of people I know watch for space dad AND smol alien bebe, but that's beside the point I was making (which is that viewers love Grogu and if he doesn't come back until the end of the series, which will be 4+ years from now if they really do stretch this out to 7 seasons, people will be Upset and lose interest in the show).

They could split the story between them, show Grogu training with Luke

Yes that would be pretty cool. It's something I missed a bit with single focus on just the Mando the whole time. Add to the complexity of story telling.

Is Sebastian Stan conveniently now out of work post Falcon+Winter Soldier ??

Yes that would be pretty cool. It's something I missed a bit with single focus on just the Mando the whole time. Add to the complexity of story telling.

Is Sebastian Stan conveniently now out of work post Falcon+Winter Soldier ??

He's so obviously already been approached for the role. He was openly flirting with it only a few weeks ago, saying the one condition to doing it is getting Mark Hamill's blessing. Not that he'd really need that in all reality. That's probably more aimed at getting the fans on board with it. Again I think most already are. Sometimes you can just tell when an actor already has the role. Compare his response to when Benedict Cumberbatch was asked about playing Thrawn, he couldn't have been more disparaging with his response.

It wasn't so long ago that I was really on the fence about him playing the role, after Mando season 2 I'm completely on board with it. I mean 100%. You just know Favreau and Filoni would pull it off perfectly. Imo he just looks perfect for a 30 something Luke. He even sounds a bit like him. Height might be the only issue, but with modern technology that can easily be accommodated for. Now all we need is a great actress to play Mara Jade opposite him. Plenty of great beautiful redheaded actresses currently around who could be candidates for that role.

Which gets me to the point I was trying to make, I hand on heart feel Rangers of the New Republic is secretly the Luke show, focusing on him training Grogu. That's why I said it's a blessing in disguise Cara Dune has left the cast, as it now forces Favreau and Filoni to think a bit more outside the box and re-focus that show on another character. What better character than Luke?

He's so obviously already been approached for the role. He was openly flirting with it only a few weeks ago, saying the one condition to doing it is getting Mark Hamill's blessing. Not that he'd really need that in all reality. That's probably more aimed at getting the fans on board with it. Again I think most already are. Sometimes you can just tell when an actor already has the role. Compare his response to when Benedict Cumberbatch was asked about playing Thrawn, he couldn't have been more disparaging with his response.

It wasn't so long ago that I was really on the fence about him playing the role, after Mando season 2 I'm completely on board with it. I mean 100%. You just know Favreau and Filoni would pull it off perfectly. Imo he just looks perfect for a 30 something Luke. He even sounds a bit like him. Height might be the only issue, but with modern technology that can easily be accommodated for. Now all we need is a great actress to play Mara Jade opposite him. Plenty of great beautiful redheaded actresses currently around who could be candidates for that role.

Which gets me to the point I was trying to make, I hand on heart feel Rangers of the New Republic is secretly the Luke show, focusing on him training Grogu. That's why I said it's a blessing in disguise Cara Dune has left the cast, as it now forces Favreau and Filoni to think a bit more outside the box and re-focus that show on another character. What better character than Luke?

Rangers feels more like a spec ops unit that will take on more Imperial Remnant forces and probably some pirates/gangs. While I would love to see more Luke, it sucks that it plays out like he is a loser in all of this thanks to the ST. Otherwise, I'd be more excited. I think that might be a one time deal with Luke for the time being. I think the response alone proves to KK, who betrayed the character of Luke, that this Luke must be featured in something down the road.

Rangers feels more like a spec ops unit that will take on more Imperial Remnant forces and probably some pirates/gangs. While I would love to see more Luke, it sucks that it plays out like he is a loser in all of this thanks to the ST. Otherwise, I'd be more excited. I think that might be a one time deal with Luke for the time being. I think the response alone proves to KK, who betrayed the character of Luke, that this Luke must be featured in something down the road.

I honestly don?t believe they?ve fully decided what they?re doing with Rangers of the New Republic yet. One thing?s for sure it WAS a Cara Dune show no matter how much Disney try to make us believe otherwise. Now we?re hearing Hera will lead, which I also don?t fully believe. Yeah, I?m certain she?ll play a big part in the show, but lead? Not sure about that one. Judging by a few of those leaked Mandalorian character Book of Boba cameos I think we can jump to the conclusion that a couple of those guys will move over to Rangers. I think Gideon also will. I?ve totally sidetracked myself there and forgotten the original point I was supposed to be making. I think it was that anything could now be on the table regarding that show, and I wouldn?t be shocked to see them working Luke into it one way or another. Not sure it even needs him leading it, just having him there as a background presence is enough. As it stands they need a big name (or character) to lead it, and I just can?t quite understand we?re they?re going with that. For me that big name to lead the show should be Timothy Olyphant, others may feel differently. We?ve seen what that guy can do as a main lead in shows, and we?ve seen the huge impact he had in just one Mandalorian episode. Stick Bill Burr next to him and they?ll hit gold.

I honestly don?t believe they?ve fully decided what they?re doing with Rangers of the New Republic yet. One thing?s for sure it WAS a Cara Dune show no matter how much Disney try to make us believe otherwise. Now we?re hearing Hera will lead, which I also don?t fully believe. Yeah, I?m certain she?ll play a big part in the show, but lead? Not sure about that one. Judging by a few of those leaked Mandalorian character Book of Boba cameos I think we can jump to the conclusion that a couple of those guys will move over to Rangers. I think Gideon also will. I?ve totally sidetracked myself there and forgotten the original point I was supposed to be making. I think it was that anything could now be on the table regarding that show, and I wouldn?t be shocked to see them working Luke into it one way or another. Not sure it even needs him leading it, just having him there as a background presence is enough. As it stands they need a big name (or character) to lead it, and I just can?t quite understand we?re they?re going with that. For me that big name to lead the show should be Timothy Olyphant, others may feel differently. We?ve seen what that guy can do as a main lead in shows, and we?ve seen the huge impact he had in just one Mandalorian episode. Stick Bill Burr next to him and they?ll hit gold.

Considering the current situation I agree that Olyphant should be lead in that show. He has played the lead of similar characters in Deadwood and Justified and absolutely knocked it out of the park. The dude is a good actor and knows how to do subtle humor. Burr would indeed play off of him pretty well too.

m1Capture.JPGm2Capture.JPGmCapture.JPGmmCapture.JPG

What gets me is that people are complaining about "having" to buy this set, as it's not the ROTJ bike.

It's white.

It's not going to spontaneously be the ROTJ bike when you open it. It's supposed to be the Mando edition, the one that's most recently been on people's screens, and the one that was part of a largely adored sequence. Which also means Grogu needs to be included.

Yes, HT will repaint this. Yes, the ROTJ version will come. But for now, this is the current look.

Now the change in appearance to the scout outfit... That's something, but that's also not HTs fault.

I think the only critical failure here is that they didn't release a stand alone bike. But even then, sell the trooper, sell Grogu and bag, and you'll probably come out with a pretty cheap bike.

Back