Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there will definitely be a decent number of parted out scout troopers on eBay as soon as Sideshow starts shipping this.

That's silly though.
Why not keep the trooper.
There are single versions of the Scout for sale.
I wouldn't see many takers of the Scout unless it is super cheap.

That's silly though.

Because people will still pay $175-200ish for the loose trooper, more if you don't mind waiting until it's sold out. Then you get a Speeder Bike and Grogu for $200-250 depending.

That's silly though.

I'll be keeping mine but I'm not exactly thrilled about it. I can understand why people are going to sell. It's a dumpy looking excuse for a scout trooper and HT has intentionally strong armed Star Wars collectors into purchasing it.

I'll be keeping mine but I'm not exactly thrilled about it. I can understand why people are going to sell. It's a dumpy looking excuse for a scout trooper and HT has intentionally strong armed Star Wars collectors into purchasing it.

Hence why I refer to them as the Derp Diaper Scouts. Going to wait for them to release the ROTJ version.

Only upside is if the pose if right with this trooper on the bike the look of the diaper will be minimal, then it?s just the saggy granny type bra to worry about

As much as I love The Mandalorian the lack of original trooper designs, outside of Dark Troopers (taken from Dark Forces) and maybe the Incinerator Trooper (taken from the Force Unleashed), has been disappointing so far. Then again this is 5-6 years after the fall of the Empire, why would they keep producing new trooper variants? That makes it a damn shame they never used those amazing concept art designs from the Art of Mandalorian book for the Remnant Troopers.

The single Scout Trooper will fill a hole in the collection until the inevitable ROTJ version turns up. As for the Tusken Raider (yes, I know it's not a trooper!), I don't ever see them doing an OT version, so it's best to snap those up while you can... unless you were lucky enough to get the original SS version of course.

As much as I love The Mandalorian the lack of original trooper designs, outside of Dark Troopers (taken from Dark Forces) and maybe the Incinerator Trooper (taken from the Force Unleashed), has been disappointing so far. Then again this is 5-6 years after the fall of the Empire, why would they keep producing new trooper variants? That makes it a damn shame they never used those amazing concept art designs from the Art of Mandalorian book for the Remnant Troopers.

The single Scout Trooper will fill a hole in the collection until the inevitable ROTJ version turns up. As for the Tusken Raider (yes, I know it's not a trooper!), I don't ever see them doing an OT version, so it's best to snap those up while you can... unless you were lucky enough to get the original SS version of course.

Some folks dislike the Dark Troopers too. There is an obvious Terminator vibe. Personally I like them more and more to the point that I'll get multiples. There isn't any reason to expect to see them in Star Wars ever again and they were a major part of one of my favorite ever scenes. Lots people seem to be passing altogether but I think they will be really hard to find once they have sold through. They also will always be desirable because they can be displayed with Luke, Gideon, or Mando.

Because people will still pay $175-200ish for the loose trooper.

Will they tho? On top of there being the single version sold through SS etc, there's gonna be a whole bunch of people trying to sell their spares on eBay because they only wanted the bike and Grogu. We're gonna be swimming in Diaper Troopers :lol

That's silly though.

Space. Don't usually spend on background characters - like I suspect a fair number of people just want the bike for IG-11. I sure couldn't afford 2 Scout Trooper sets.

So I really have no use for this entire extra character on the shelf. But, there are enough Troopers showing up in the series I might keep. I'd rather have a Stormtrooper or two if I am gonna have background characters. Or the Tusken Raiders, that I plan on purchasing. Jawas. But not Scouts.

Will they tho? On top of there being the single version sold through SS etc, there's gonna be a whole bunch of people trying to sell their spares on eBay because they only wanted the bike and Grogu. We're gonna be swimming in Diaper Troopers

Well, for me it would be better display-wise to have a second Trooper - give IG the bike and just have the Troopers lounging around like bums:drink. They seem to run in pairs or packs, usually. I might get a second if it's cheap like $100 or so. Doubt I can get a second that low tho. Maybe if they don't sell the single HT and eventually BBTS offers them on a big sale.:dunno

then it?s just the saggy granny type bra to worry about

:rotfl

Some folks dislike the Dark Troopers too. There is an obvious Terminator vibe. Personally I like them more and more to the point that I'll get multiples. There isn't any reason to expect to see them in Star Wars ever again and they were a major part of one of my favorite ever scenes. Lots people seem to be passing altogether but I think they will be really hard to find once they have sold through. They also will always be desirable because they can be displayed with Luke, Gideon, or Mando.

I see the Terminator vibe as a positive thing personally. It?s not like Favreau and Filoni have plucked these designs stright out of their ass, they?re obviously taken from Legends (God, I hate that re-branding of the EU). People will be scrambling for them once they?re released, and I can see them, due to lower pre-order numbers, being in the same boat as Heavy Mando and IG-11. Then again the moment Mando Luke is released everyone will want them. Maybe they?re just a victim of too many SW releases all at once. The Shoretroopers, Coruscant Guard, Tank Trooper, and Transport Trooper could also fall into this category. I ordered two myself without any hesitation, such shelf-presence and good value for such a bulky figure.

The Dark Troopers are supposed to be Terminators. Scary killing machines and they certainly were terrifying in the Dark Forces games. And with three different phases of them too.

c96ba4631400908db41c6053841d27bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes!!! Wow this is a weird release!
Sideshow first? I figured they would wait until May 4th but I guess after revealing the box naturally they would have to release the contents sooner than later.

So sideshow...I am very happy but now you have no excuses for not having my Mando DLX

Yes!!! Wow this is a weird release!
Sideshow first? I figured they would wait until May 4th but I guess after revealing the box naturally they would have to release the contents sooner than later.

So sideshow...I am very happy but now you have no excuses for not having my Mando DLX

Pretty sure Sideshow gets their Hot Toys unboxing figures by airmail while they put our orders on the six month boat/pier journey, so I wouldn't take this as an indication that they'll be shipping this set anytime soon in the States. Sideshow unboxed Captain America 45 days ago and have yet to deliver a single one to a customer.

I'm glad they didn't introduce so many original trooper designs. I kind of find it ridiculous that they'd waste time painting up different armor for a guy holding a flamethrower, as if him holding a flamethrower isn't enough to tell you he's a flame trooper.

Will they tho? On top of there being the single version sold through SS etc, there's gonna be a whole bunch of people trying to sell their spares on eBay because they only wanted the bike and Grogu. We're gonna be swimming in Diaper Troopers :lol

Yeah I'm sure they will sell. Just price them a little less, someone who doesn't give a crap about a box will save $30-40 over buying it from Sideshow.

I severely dislike Grogu being added to this set, entirely unnecessary, plus it raises the price too - at least for me.

With now 4 releases adding a Grogu accessory into the box, Hot Toys are clearly trying to use the baby Yoda hype and boost sales. Not necessarily a bad thing but one that could eventually lead to an accelerated fatigue from the fans/collectors. It may be a good thing he left with Luke in TM season 2. I can do without a Grogu for some time... after the one coming with Mando Luke that is ^^

With now 4 releases adding a Grogu accessory into the box, Hot Toys are clearly trying to use the baby Yoda hype and boost sales. Not necessarily a bad thing but one that could eventually lead to an accelerated fatigue from the fans/collectors. It may be a good thing he left with Luke in TM season 2. I can do without a Grogu for some time... after the one coming with Mando Luke that is ^^

Guaranteed he comes back quickly in Season 3. Its his show as much as it is Mandos show.

They would risk losing a lot of the casual audience with the loss of Grogu.

Yeah I was totally expecting a Grogu to come with Mando Luke, not Ahsoka. Will be interesting if they give him another one or just maybe a repack of body/heads we've gotten already.

Back