Hot Toys - The Joker 1989 - Jack Nicholson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fix the hat and it's perfect.

I'm sure you'll be able to mess with the collar to get the neck looking at bit more accurate and I would have never known that the plad wasn't 100% correct unless you told me. And I've seen that film over 100 times.

And so the OCD begins.... :monkey1

I'm actually surprised we haven't seen any photoshops yet. :lol

Meh. I'm happy. But, everyone seems to want to nitpick it, so there's a comparison shot. I don't know what you'd photoshop. When those come around, I'll be curious what the subject matter will be.

Like I said, I'm buying it.

I am however, kind of confused on the pants. Did he wear the pattern they're using on the figure in a scene? I thought they were the same all the way through, but crap I don't know the movie by heart.

Last edited:
Anyone have pics of the Betomatali and Lupitas joker?

This is commetch's photo. His jack has the betomatali costume and adam gu's joker head.

IMG_2908.jpg

The only thing I'd fix is the hat brim. Make it a bit larger. Other than that, I want that exact figure with no changes.

I don't want padding or a fat suit, this figure is like the ideal version of a Jack Nicholson Joker. The colors on the suit are so slight, it doesn't even matter to me. None of their TDK Jokers were 100% perfect with the red lining, tie, and a few other nitpicks and those figures rock.

One of, if not their best sculpt portraits to date, definitely a great Nicholson license, fantastic tailoring and a ____ ton of accessories. Oh, and it puts previous full custom figures to shame AND it will be less expensive.

Sounds like win to me what more could anyone ask for? Now the LFL Hot Toys/Sideshow collaboration figures (I'm looking at you Luke and Indy) those need some work.

There are four things I want to know about this figure that haven't been revealed.

- Does one of the hands have the joy buzzer?

- Do the bills have his Joker face on them like the props?

- What does his hair look like under the hat?

- Does he have a completely white true type body?

MaulFan is right. The custom costume sits a bit too big on the figure. Does on mine too. The tailoring, materials, colors and patterns are all top notch though. The same, if not better than HT's but that's to be determined after the figure arrives and is in hand. Anything else would just be speculation.

The Ima sculpt is also great and that pic doesn't really show it. I'm in the process of painting mine and it's really nice.

Still looking forward to getting my HT Jack Joker. :rock

MaulFan is right. The custom costume sits a bit too big on the figure. Does on mine too. The tailoring, materials, colors and patterns are all top notch though. The same, if not better than HT's but that's to be determined after the figure arrives and is in hand. Anything else would just be speculation.

The Ima sculpt is also great and that pic doesn't really show it. I'm in the process of painting mine and it's really nice.

Can't wait to see your finished figure... I'm sure it will be awesome!

The need to label best, better, etc. gets a bit tiring.

Different interpretations will have different strengths and weaknesses. What HT has shown so far is awesome, but like everything there are a lot of little inaccuracies that may or may not get addressed.

I had a pretty great custom... but with the investment I had in it I figured it was better to sell when I could still get my money back and just go with the more reasonably priced HT figure.

Glad I did too... as this looks a lot better. That Century figure was good for the time, but this guy is better in every way.

This is commetch's photo. His jack has the betomatali costume and adam gu's joker head.

IMG_2908.jpg

No disrespect to Ed but that pic is not flattering for the sculpt.

This is better, painted by Josh - credit to Mag for the pic.

P1130974.jpg

I think HT's sculpt's texture is a very very nice touch. But in terms of likeness i think they both are superb, can't wait to have both in hand to compare

Same here, I want him more than Batman because I've wanted one for years since I got my Sovereign Batman, I just didn't want to spend like $400 for that bootleg, which cost almost as much as this DX will, and it needed pricey upgrades where this will be great right out of the box.

No offense, but are you planning on displaying him naked or something???:wave

No, but it would be cool to have a perma white True Type body. Plus, there are alot of shots where his forearms are visible, it would just be nice if that was one of the features instead of a plain old flesh tone TT.

pretty cool figure. Some mistakes here and there but pretty minor overall. Was hoping we get a nickolson (Pre Joker) HS as well but looks pretty good as is.

Hopefully they will add the shirt buttons. I believe it is not that hard to get the correct pattern for the pants and get a close blue for tie and vest. Hopefully it is just the pics. Otherwise Id be pretty disappointed.wouldnt have notived the wrong head size though.

Anything else is perfect and makes this one still a must have. :rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back