Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, that's really a decent price.

Is this ANY different than the 2012 DKR version?

Yeah it's a darn good price especially since they're fetching way more than that on the aftermarket prices.

Kinda waiting on the Batpod experts to compare this to the 1.0 and 2.0 since this is a new MMS number to go along with the DX19 Batman.

I see some versions on the market with silver paint. This one is all black. Is that a difference from film to film ?

It's been a while since I watched the films, so excuse my ignorance.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up for a Tumbler or ‘89 Batmobile rerelease.

I feel like those are way too large to ever manufacture again. The Batpod though? Not really big, not too complex. Probably costs less to manufacture than an actual figure.

Really debating this guy. Space and is more of an issue than anything else. That and opening the floodgates to Tumbler territory. At least I won't ever by tempted by the out-of-scale Bat...

So, owners of the original: any suggestions for display cases? If i can find a reasonably priced acrylic case for this (or something like that) I might very well get it.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Slightly different dimensions on this one.

Last version:
Height: 6.5" (165.1 mm) | Width: 7.00" (177.8 mm) | Depth: 25.00" (635 mm)

New Version:
Height: 6.3" (160.02 mm) | Width: 6.7" (170.18 mm) | Depth: 23.23" (590.04 mm)

Supposedly, it's an "aerodynamic design" and the paint is better. I guess we'll see. Given that the new batman is 1/2 inch taller, this may fit him better.

Awesome surprise, I?ve got the Batpod and love it so grab it if you can. For me I?ll grab Batman cause I missed out, hoping for Catwoman too.
But yes please do the tumbler next.

Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

I wouldn?t get my hopes up for a Tumbler or ?89 Batmobile rerelease.

I feel like those are way too large to ever manufacture again. The Batpod though? Not really big, not too complex. Probably costs less to manufacture than an actual figure.

Yeah, I feel like Hot Toys has given up on the large vehicles. I really like them but probably not worth the R&D for a one-off item for a very niche consumer base that had the money and space to afford them. They only occasionally tease them at conventions now.

I recall seeing pics of 1:6 The Bat prototype at a warehouse, I think they were taking it out of a large wooden crate. Hot Toys eventually just released the 1:12 version.

I remember thinking $600 was expensive for the Batmobile 89 and Delorean. But that would be a bargain compared to if those were released today - would probably be close to a grand with the way prices in this hobby has risen:

This was very much not what I expected for a new release announcement, but cool for those who were unable to pick this up from the original runs (there goes the aftermarket price...). As a standalone piece, it's a bit lacking, but it's a really neat display accessory when paired with another character. It's just unfortunate that it doesn't fit inside a detolf (but it does fit on top of two :lol).

Slightly different dimensions on this one.

Last version:
Height: 6.5" (165.1 mm) | Width: 7.00" (177.8 mm) | Depth: 25.00" (635 mm)

New Version:
Height: 6.3" (160.02 mm) | Width: 6.7" (170.18 mm) | Depth: 23.23" (590.04 mm)

Supposedly, it's an "aerodynamic design" and the paint is better. I guess we'll see. Given that the new batman is 1/2 inch taller, this may fit him better.

I did a quick measurement on the original TDKR version, and it's ~23" long and 7" tall (with the handlebars), so those dimensions seem off. In any case, I'll be surprised if it's not the exact same molding/design but repainted (for the third time).

Yeah I've heard that this was a bit underwhelming in hand, which is what always made me hesitate to buy before. I imagine that would be different if it were made of diecast instead of being just a lightweight plastic like the Sideshow Speeder Bike.

Still, I have always liked how it looked with Batman or Catwoman posed next to it.

Back