Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin has his review up. Like he says, it's probably not the most exciting looking vehicle,, but for $290 still seems well worth picking up for the TDK collection.
....until Catwoman is straddling it šŸ˜

a54de058-3e02-44b2-824d-a165de0af139_2000x.jpg

196913046_1835616569949348_2370033944388018361_n_1024x1024@2x.jpg

I know it's suspension of disbelief but I'm still puzzled as to how the front wheel rotates sideways and to what purpose. The guns should have fallen apart if it keeps doing that.

I watched Justin's review of the Batpod, and he mentioned that the original release of the hot toys Tumbler back in 2009 had some where the wheels were cracked or deformed.Did anyone here who got the original release Tumbler have those issues, and if so, what was the cause?

I watched Justin's review of the Batpod, and he mentioned that the original release of the hot toys Tumbler back in 2009 had some where the wheels were cracked or deformed.Did anyone here who got the original release Tumbler have those issues, and if so, what was the cause?
Think itā€™s the same old humidity/temperature problem that happens with most hot toys rubber, a lot of people reported the wheels of the tumbler and the 89 Batmobile sticking to the surface of whatever they displayed it on too.
some people put some fabric between the wheels & the surface it was on to combat it.
Iv had the 89 Batmobile on display & tumbler since release & both are fine here. Humidity is not a problem here in Scotland šŸ˜‹

I know it's suspension of disbelief but I'm still puzzled as to how the front wheel rotates sideways and to what purpose. The guns should have fallen apart if it keeps doing that.
If you watch the clip it's actually both tires that rotate like that. No idea how that would be possible though given the design.

Watching Justin's review, the figures don't seem to sit on it very naturally. Might skip it and get the Tumbler afterall.

To be fair, this version might accommodate the new versions than the old since they will be updated figures. But we shall see.

If you watch the clip it's actually both tires that rotate like that. No idea how that would be possible though given the design.
Hard to see for me but if it did, maybe Batman can also rotate his lower half to match the back wheel spinning. šŸ¤£

Watching Justin's review, the figures don't seem to sit on it very naturally. Might skip it and get the Tumbler afterall.
Yeah I'm doubtful we'll be able to get any of the figures to lay on the Batpod as naturally as they did in the movie. But then a pose like that wouldn't show off the figures well anyway, so it's not something I have much interest in. Just like I've never tried to fit the Keaton Batman into the 89 Batmobile, of the Ghostbusters into the Ecto-1.

Last edited:
Oh snap, so this is coming in sooner than expected, there goes my budget hahaha, Just got the emails heads up from Sideshow about the figures I got preordered haha

Mine showed up yesterday and I really love it. Batman sits on it perfectly IMO but Iā€™ll leave him standing over it.

Attachments

• DB16AAF4-B352-4C99-9888-664EC6DE7ED2.jpeg
    DB16AAF4-B352-4C99-9888-664EC6DE7ED2.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 127
  • D41A3A44-18D0-4F61-9E42-D0D9A8C11CAD.jpeg
    D41A3A44-18D0-4F61-9E42-D0D9A8C11CAD.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 1944D94A-298D-4801-B65A-7E68E8D27ECE.jpeg
    1944D94A-298D-4801-B65A-7E68E8D27ECE.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 3B4F8C7F-3EA5-44A8-A3BC-80EAA78D53D2.jpeg
    3B4F8C7F-3EA5-44A8-A3BC-80EAA78D53D2.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 130
The reissued Batpod showed up today and I'm well pleased. I think the big deciding factor here is if one actually likes the Batpod design as it appears on film. Some people really hate it's dull bare bones aesthetic. And admittedly, it does at several glances appear as little more than half obscured chunks of tire, wire, and flat metal on screen. But I actually liked that look, after years of hyper designed and over the top bat-vehicles.

So as a fan of the original design, I think this Hot Toys recreation does a bang up job getting the look right. I agree with some, it'd be nice to see more diecast and metal parts here to give it some heft. But on a shelf it screams accuracy to the film.

If you hate the design of the Batpod itself, this will hunk of rubber and plastic will not win you over. But if you love it like I do, then the HT replica does a great job. I can't wait to pair the new 1/6 Dark Knight figure with it when it comes out.

Batpod.jpg

does it stay together when you move it or does it fall apart when you roll it or tilt it one cm? That was my biggest complaint with mine, which was the 2nd version (TDKR 1.0 if you prefer)

does it stay together when you move it or does it fall apart when you roll it or tilt it one cm? That was my biggest complaint with mine, which was the 2nd version (TDKR 1.0 if you prefer)
Just the arm-guards right? I mean that was always a problem. I don't remember anything else falling apart when I used to own one.

Mine also has a foot pad that comes off on one side, that may have been stuck on there with glue originally, but yeah those arm guards were awful.

I donā€™t know, since Iā€™ve never owned the previous versions. But it seems pretty stable to me. The arm guards donā€™t fall apart when you move them. But they are delicate. I mean how could they not be, the parts are so thin and tiny. Donā€™t know how they would get around that aspect of the bikeā€™s design at this scale.

Back