Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to watch a few good reviews to help me convince myself. [emoji2]

33% there now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I've heard that this was a bit underwhelming in hand, which is what always made me hesitate to buy before. I imagine that would be different if it were made of diecast instead of being just a lightweight plastic like the Sideshow Speeder Bike.

Still, I have always liked how it looked with Batman or Catwoman posed next to it.

Once it's on the shelf, I don't mind whether it's plastic or diecast; but there are some flimsy plastic bits, which they hopefully address this time around.

I hesitated on picking this up a lot of times as well and only got it because of some cool photos of Selina posed on the Bat-pod. Selina's one of my favorite figures on her own, and pairing her with the Bat-pod kicks it up another level.

Someone posted on facebook that a few of the original release Batpods were twisted when collectors unboxed them.Is this true?

I bought the first release and it had very fragile pieces on the small plastic parts, that easily broke just from moving it. I plan on buying this release and hope that they have changed and improved it.

Someone posted on facebook that a few of the original release Batpods were twisted when collectors unboxed them.Is this true?

Honestly, this thing was a piece of junk. I was so hyped to get this and its easily one of my least favorite hot toys items. I hope you dont mind the arm guards falling off because they will if you just look at them. Maybe this one will be designed better.

Yeah I have to admit, as good as the price is, it does make me wonder about the quality. Since you would expect something like this to cost quite a bit more these days. At least if done right.

Justin has his review up. Like he says, it's probably not the most exciting looking vehicle,, but for $290 still seems well worth picking up for the TDK collection.

Last edited:
Honestly, this thing was a piece of junk. I was so hyped to get this and its easily one of my least favorite hot toys items. I hope you dont mind the arm guards falling off because they will if you just look at them. Maybe this one will be designed better.
Couldn’t agree more, I picked this up on the 1st release, got the tumbler & the 89 Batmobile, I have the mando speeder bike now too & this is without doubt the lamest vehicle hot toys have released. It looks like it looks-like a hunk of plastic.
All the other vehicles have some believability to them, be it with the construction, paintwork or materials.
This just doesn’t it’s flimsy plastic with 2 large rubber wheels & it looks just like that.
if you held this long enough it would break in half, the arm guards do not stay on/unless u want to glue them.
im not just bashing either, Im a batman collector & thought I needed this.
I sold mine on the same day I opened it.
no way hot toys have bothered updating it either

Last edited:
I'm confused why they released it six months ahead of schedule without a figure to put on it, unless you have the original release figures.

Surely they could have held onto this until the DX19 or Selina were ready. Maybe release Batgirl instead, we've only been waiting two and a half years for her. 🙄🙄

Couldn’t agree more, I picked this up on the 1st release, got the tumbler & the 89 batman, I have the mando speeder bike now too & this is without doubt the lamest vehicle hot toys have released. It looks like it looks-like a hunk of plastic.
All the other vehicles have some believability to them, be it with the construction, paintwork or materials.
This just doesn’t it’s flimsy plastic with 2 large rubber wheels & it looks just like that.
if you held this long enough it would break in half, the arm guards do not stay on/unless u want to glue them.
im not just bashing either, Im a batman collector & thought I needed this.
I sold mine on the same day I opened it.
no way hot toys have bothered updating it either
Ooof. Harsh. Now that you mention it I do remember the arm guards falling off but other than that I thought it was great. As I said previously I sold it because I needed money and was skeptical about how it would stand the test of time as a Bat-vehicle. As a toy/model I was perfectly satisfied by it.

I've got no issues with the vehicle. I do agree that in the grand scheme of things, it is still rather pricey for what you get but it is just too iconic to pass up on, if you have a TDK collection.

Plus, this bad-ass scene was just too cool...

BP GIF.gif

I've got no issues with the vehicle. I do agree that in the grand scheme of things, it is still rather pricey for what you get but it is just too iconic to pass up on, if you have a TDK collection.

View attachment 551085
Thank you for shining some positivity on this. I was starting to reconsider my preorder!

Ha, same here. But all I need to do is rewatch that entire Batpod sequence to remember how much I want this in the collection. I know lots of people used to crap on the old Sideshow Speeder Bike for being really flimsy and plasticky as well, but it still looks absolutely incredible on display. And under the right lighting I'm sure this probably will too.

Last edited:
Ooof. Harsh. Now that you mention it I do remember the arm guards falling off but other than that I thought it was great. As I said previously I sold it because I needed money and was skeptical about how it would stand the test of time as a Bat-vehicle. As a toy/model I was perfectly satisfied by it.

View attachment 551085
I think it’s actually priced low for hot toys now, which is a bit strange from them.
Hence don’t expect any improvements.
They peaked when they added the holder for the emp for it with the dx batman.
No lie.
Instead they’ve not included the wire underlay for the billowing cape effect that was actually really cool that you got with the original.
So that’s a thing too.
I still think the proportions on it are all out of scale-look at batman or cat woman beside it or uncomfortably “sitting on it” - they can’t by the way. Looks good in photos, not possible in hand.
This thing could have done with a complete overhaul.
im a massive tdk fan & ur moneys better spent on the tumbler or camo tumbler. Far more iconic and far better executed.
If you really want it, wait until they start showing up on eBay after buyers remorse in a couple of months

Last edited:
Ha, same here. But all I need to do is rewatch that entire Batpod sequence to remember how much I want this in the collection.
This happens to me often with many franchises lol I’ll have passed on a figure(s) then I watch the movie and all of a sudden want it again. It definitely happens every time I watch the TDK Trilogy and the MCU movies.

Back