Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does this mean?

Artists:
– Head (Prototype) Sculpted by Lu1yo314
– Head (Final Version) Sculpted by Yulli & Kang Taeho

I'm not a fan of Yulli's Joker work so far, so not sure why she still trying to sculpt Ledger after all these years. I think someone else should give it a shot instead.

Yulli is hands-down the most talented Ledger Joker sculptor on the planet, so it only makes sense that Hot Toys would want to make sure any Ledger Joker they put out is up to her standards.

/s

You also paid more for the two figures and the diorama though. If the Hot Toys release is $600 then it’s essentially half the price of the InArt two pack. Personally I like that we get the option to buy a single figure.

Yes true it is half of inart price, but also 1 figure and not 2.
Inart did 2 figures and 2 stand, wel 1 stand and 1 diorama.
If hot toys also added a second figure then the price will be almost the same as inart is now

A shame because an updated laughing sculpt + table/chair would have made this an overall more impressive and enticing offering even for those who ordered the INART version.

I don't care about shoving an awkward 1/6 tongue into the mouth of this sculpt. Use the laughing sculpt that already has all work done for them by ambrosias and just offer a diecast table/chair if you REALLY wanted to be fancy for no reason with it all.

460083-IMG-7271.jpeg
the-dark-knight-interrogation-joker-laughing-s7zebihgjq22sc98.gif

The-Dark-Knight-Interrogation-Scene-Explained-Free-Dark-Knight-Script-PDF.jpg

They don't want to re-release the 2.0 i think, and so they come with an inart flow joker :lol
But yes we need the table or maybe the nurse joker with it and not only 1 for a 3.0 version...

Shame on Hot Toys

Yes true it is half of inart price, but also 1 figure and not 2.
Inart did 2 figures and 2 stand, wel 1 stand and 1 diorama.
If hot toys also added a second figure then the price will be almost the same as inart is now
I don’t see the point necessarily. One figure for what we’re assuming is half the price with Hot Toys. InArt you paid more and got more.

Not trying to take anything away from that set but some of us didn’t want to have to pay that much for two figures and only wanted the one. In my view at least that makes the Hot Toys offering somewhat attractive.

What does this mean?

Artists:
– Head (Prototype) Sculpted by Lu1yo314
– Head (Final Version) Sculpted by Yulli & Kang Taeho

I'm not a fan of Yulli's Joker work so far, so not sure why she still trying to sculpt Ledger after all these years. I think someone else should give it a shot instead.
This made me think, has IA given credit to who worked on their Joker? Other than Viper of course.

But I find it’s hard to criticize just a sculptor if a sculpt doesn’t turn out amazing there are so many factors at play including HT management, actor likeness rights, studio approval and some faces especially young faces are just incredibly hard to do. She did Tarkin and that’s one of HT best sculpts ever.

A shame because an updated laughing sculpt + table/chair would have made this an overall more impressive and enticing offering even for those who ordered the INART version.

I don't care about shoving an awkward 1/6 tongue into the mouth of this sculpt. Use the laughing sculpt that already has all work done for them by ambrosias and just offer a diecast table/chair if you REALLY wanted to be fancy for no reason with it all.

460083-IMG-7271.jpeg
the-dark-knight-interrogation-joker-laughing-s7zebihgjq22sc98.gif

The-Dark-Knight-Interrogation-Scene-Explained-Free-Dark-Knight-Script-PDF.jpg
This for sure would have pushed me to get one

Yes, please. That’s about as good as I’ve seen sculpted Joker hair look. And I don’t get a bobble head vibe at all. Looks pretty well proportioned to me.

View attachment 651812
Tbh I’m liking this more than inarts. There’s something about this sculpt that’s better. Not just the hair but the eye placements and size. I hope they tweak the makeup a bit more and it should be looking like a phenomenal sculpt. Inarts eyes are too close and big. If you remove the makeup the sculpt itself isn’t too good.

Yes, please. That’s about as good as I’ve seen sculpted Joker hair look. And I don’t get a bobble head vibe at all. Looks pretty well proportioned to me.

View attachment 651812

Camera distortions aside, this comparison doesn't really help show the Hot Toys being more proportioned. If anything, it can highlight how unproportioned HT is relative to the movie scene.

Camera distortions aside, this comparison doesn't really help show the Hot Toys being more proportioned. If anything, it can highlight how unproportioned HT is relative to the movie scene.
Maybe it’s just that particular pose/futz he’s in in that shot. Definitely nothing wrong with the proportions on the proto.

Absolutely love the expression on HT’s too.

567EF523-D10E-4815-A1D3-F9FCBF4398B5.jpeg

I think its the HT overcoat's very broad shoulders throwing proportions off.
It’s mainly this. There’s a reason all the custom artists and even the DX11 figure used a “narrow shoulder” skinny body. This new one is probably on the wider side.

Honestly the more I look at the sculpted version the more I like it. I already own the standard version of the IA figure so I’ll have to pass on this but I’m happy for all the people that missed out on that release and are able to still get this instead as it’s honestly a pretty cool looking figure, especially for that price point

Back