Hot Toys - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (New Costume)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hot Toys figure is good but it doesnt impress me enough to buy it. I have minor nit picks but who doesnt. Im not knocking it at all, it's great, but I got the version 1 Batman and I can live without this 1, but i still want it :) but again, the wallet doesnt agree with me. Heres a comparison with the medicom, hots toys, and a actual promo shot.
Batmancomparison.jpg

to compare in best circumstances, they should be posed all 3 in the same pose!
the promo shot and de medicom have almost the same pose.
The Hot Toys has a front-face pose...not exactly optimal for a good comparison...especially if you want to compare the cowls.

I even think the cowl of the hot toys is better than suspected based on those pictures.

I have a little issue with the Hot Toys breast and the chin/cheeks/jaw area...this time I prefer the Medicom one but wait and see....

regardless of which one is better I think there all pretty awesome.
Not lately but in the past there has been alot of arguing about which figure is better , I think we should be grateful we have so many kick ass figures from this movie. :rock
There all awesome. :rock

I can't wait to see the photos you take. :rock:rock
DA's Myers photos are just awesome , they have made me want that figure one hell of a lot more. The attention to detail is awesome.

Who did you preorder with MaulFan?

Toys 2, all my TDK stuff's been with them so far. I've had some mishaps with HT figures in the past, and Sideshow and Toys2 both took great care of me with CS and that's a big factor for me when making certain purchases. HT makes a great product, but there's room for problems and I feel better going to a company I know'll cover me well if something goes wrong, even if it means paying more.

Regardless of the pose differences.. you can clearly tell the Medicom figure nailed the suit. Especially the leg armor but just in general if you look at the actual TDK suit you'll see it's mesh with armor pieces attached. Medicom looks spot on. The Hot Toys figure is a solid piece of rubber with the armor pieces molded into it. It's not seperate. That's why it looks weird.

The biggest faults with the Medicom figure imo is:

1) I've heard talk that Medicom has diminutive figures. I saw it personally with the Michael Crawford review of the Takara/Medicom/HT BB Batman. Dude was a midget. lol.

2) The utility belt isn't colored right. It's supposed to be a light gold and Medicom's looks like it's dark copper.

3) The Medicom neck sculpt in back: It looks like there's rings back there like a fat persons neck with hot dog rolls. And lastly..

4) I saw a close up pic (I know it's a prototype so it might change but) Medicom made Batman's eye color a jarring sea blue!?

As far as the HT version:

1) The suit is one piece with sculpted armor so you can't see the grooves between the armor and the "mesh" is just rubber with indentations sculpted in.

2) There's a huge difference between the legs and torso armor.. especially in the mesh. It looks like the torso actually uses a different material for the mesh which adds to the glaringly difference.

I've seen people PS'ing pics of the cowl to lower the eyes. Now, while I will agree it does make it look better the biggest problem is: You have to remember it's a mask! This would be easier to do if we had scale photos of the masked/unmasked head.. but I guarantee if you overlay the unmasked Bruce Wayne sculpt (which NO ONE has said is out of scale or too long in the face!) on top of the masked Batman head you'll see they line up perfectly. Meaning.. if you remove the mask from that Photoshopped version the Bruce Wayne face would look weird since he'd have a squished face and a really short nose.

All in all, this is all speculation. When people get these figures in-hand then we'll know what's what.

Someone who has seen the medi DK proto is some Medicom fair confirms that it is taller than the usual medicom figuire.

That said, someone in the HK forums are mentioning that they will be getting theirs this week!!! Man, that means I might just be getting mine sometimes next week monday or tuesday!!!

OMFG! XL Shop getting their shipment so soon? I ordered from some place else and I might get it later than you then.....

IF the Medicom one looks exactly like the promo pic after production, AND IF the figure is taller like others have said (as to not stand out among other 1/6 figures), then I think it would be the best TDK Batman figure out there. These are big IFs though, but let's wait and see. The Hot Toys DK figure is still really good. I agree with the person who said they both look like they will be AWESOME figures.

Yeah.. because I think we've all seen great looking Prototypes that turn out to be crap when the actual product is released.

PROTOTYPE
matrixcollectibles_2019_57489111

ACTUAL PRODUCT
review_medicombats_9.jpg

Last edited:
Hate to even think about a repaint, but I wonder if painting the mesh under the armor would help make the armor "pop" out a little more. That seems to me the biggest difference in HT and Medicom. Medicoms armor is more defined while the HT seems to be all the same color. I wonder if painting it though would hurt the rubber? I'd probably leave mine as is just a thought.

I know of customizers that have painted rubber figures, even like muscle body figures like Rambos, but HT's directions with these figures states to keep water and things from them. Considering the price of this figure, I'd say leave well enough, either get it as it is or get the Medicom if you're that set on having the stronger contrast, but I wouldn't do any mods to the rubber suit.

this figure is literally close to PERFECTION. here's to hoping for tight ankles.

:naughty

I have a little issue with the Hot Toys breast and the chin/cheeks/jaw area...this time I prefer the Medicom one but wait and see....

Bah, HotToys sold me after seeing their improvements. Go ahead and pick up the Medicom. Not only will it fit right in with your other 7" Batman figures :p, but I'll check back in a month or so to console you about your broken shoulder/hip joint. :D

For me it's HT all the way. I really don't have any issues with the figure itself. My suggestion was just a thought after seeing the comparison pics. For me I've had Medicom figures and they never wow me for the price you pay. I've been nothing but happy so far with HT though I've only owned Alien Warrior, Joker and Begins Batman so my experience is fairly limited!

Yeah.. because I think we've all seen great looking Prototypes that turn out to be crap when the actual product is released.

PROTOTYPE
matrixcollectibles_2019_57489111

ACTUAL PRODUCT
review_medicombats_9.jpg

Isn't the top picture Medicom's new Batman Begins figure that's coming out with their TDK figures like Hot Toys did?

What's up with the neck piece on the Medicom Batman Begins. It's not straight nor is it rounded, the part where the two triangles holds the cape on, and the face part looks like TDK mouth area. Thought I'd just say :p

Maul, you getting the vehicles too?

Isn't the top picture Medicom's new Batman Begins figure that's coming out with their TDK figures like Hot Toys did?

It is, and it looks like it has sagging man boobs! It's got the same six pack as the Takara. On ActionHQ it says its due 31 December.

Yup, even says it in the kangi on the actual advertisement. Still though, that figure in the bottom pic looks BAD! REALLY, REALLY BAD! I didn't know DJ Qualls posed for Medicom's Batman!:google

DJQualls-1-300.jpg

Maul, you getting the vehicles too?

No. As great as they look, the Power Loader's taught me a lesson on buying things like that. For me, there's an allure with the "ooh, ahhhh" factor when HT accomplishes these vehicle pieces, and as a photographer, especially with the Batpod, I see a lot of room for fun. However, they're quite expensive, and over time I know when I'm done with my photos and just have a shelf warming vehicle, I'm going to wish I had the money back from them for something else, so I'm just bypassing that. I collect like a half dozen different properties and they're all fairly strong with products, so I stick with pieces that give me the most personal value for my investment, which means photo fun up front, and a piece I enjoy looking at down the road, most figures and statues, probably won't delve into vehicles unless it's a design I really care for. If Hot Toys ever makes a Batman 1989 Batmobile, that I will get, it's one of my all time favorite TV/Movie vehicle designs. For tumberl and Batpod, Hot Wheels and Mattel will do for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back