Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess we've just got way different viewpoints on this. IMO, if I was asked to pay $600 for a 1/4 Joker figure that I wasn't completely satisfied with, I'd view that as a complete waste of money. OTOH, if it got me part of the way there to a figure I could be really excited about, then I'd buy it. . . . Which is exactly what I did.

All of my customs were worth every penny to me because I really enjoy them. I also understand that not everyone may agree with my choices, but that's why we each have our own choices to make.

Fair enough! If a custom 1/4 Joker head were under $200 painted and haired I’d consider it. But the only example of price that I found was Jaxon, and if I were to spend $700 on a head, I’d rather just throw in an extra $300 or so for the queen studio 1/3 Joker statue. That way I get a whole Joker piece instead of just a head, plus that statue is perfection.

Still, these custom heads do look great, I will admit some (not all) are extremely better than the hot toys head. But the prices are outrageous to me. For $700, that head better come with the rest of the figure!

Fair enough! If a custom 1/4 Joker head were under $200 painted and haired I?d consider it. But the only example of price that I found was Jaxon, and if I were to spend $700 on a head, I?d rather just throw in an extra $300 or so for the queen studio 1/3 Joker statue. That way I get a whole Joker piece instead of just a head, plus that statue is perfection.

Well, if you're willing to spend for perfection . . . Mishi Customs makes a 1/4 scale joker bank robber. Rooted hair, moveable eyes, custom body, custom clothes, and custom accessories. They have lots of pictures on their FB page. IMO, this is one of the top complete joker figures I have ever seen, but it's also in excess of $3K, so it's out of my reach.

. . . That is, unless my powerball numbers come up :hi5:

Finally got my daftoys coat. Very happy with it, it?s a better colour and thinner fabric than the hot toys, it also hangs better. Im planning on adding some grime and make up to it.

921323e5b219efc41778a0a44973dbe1.jpg

65f4a5ee240d8dde0a44590a38a1ff44.jpg

Need to do something with the shoes still, they look way to big and clumpy.

I?ve got 2 1/4 creg sculpts that I?m slowly painting up but no neck adapters so need to work something out for those. If anyone has any ideas what I could do to get them to fit ( cant find any 1/4 adapters anywhere )or custom heads they would like to share I would love to see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, there's still some work to be done, but Zhang (nightt47) already posted some pictures on his facebook page, so I'll go ahead and show you guys what he's got for me so far.

View attachment 491926
View attachment 491929
View attachment 491927
View attachment 491928

I think the paint work looks absolutely fantastic, but I've asked him to make some changes to the hair, and he's still got to address the neck. I'll post more pictures when those changes are complete.
Damn these custom sculpts are getting better and better looking...beautiful work!
Please post some pics when you have the full figure displayed.
Finally got my daftoys coat. Very happy with it, it?s a better colour and thinner fabric than the hot toys, it also hangs better. Im planning on adding some grime and make up to it.

921323e5b219efc41778a0a44973dbe1.jpg

65f4a5ee240d8dde0a44590a38a1ff44.jpg

Need to do something with the shoes still, they look way to big and clumpy.

I?ve got 2 1/4 creg sculpts that I?m slowly painting up but no neck adapters so need to work something out for those. If anyone has any ideas what I could do to get them to fit ( cant find any 1/4 adapters anywhere )or custom heads they would like to share I would love to see them.

That DAFTOYS coat looks excellent! Anyone know of the best seller to buy from?

I ordered from this ebay seller here in the states. Should be here soon. They appear to have one left. Hopefully they're the actual Daftoys coat. We'll see.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DAFTOYS-1-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Damn these custom sculpts are getting better and better looking...beautiful work!

Tnsfigures for the daftoys coat. $58 and free postage to the uk. Well worth the upgrade.

ef2fc7ce4a9b4f92d84e9a0537af226c.jpg

Just got my daftoys joker coat. Even before Iv put it on the figure I?m very impressed with the box & artwork. For a custom it?s very professional

Back