Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ended up letting this guy go, and of those pinnacle Ledger Joker statues I've settled on the Prime 1 to replace it. Quite a big difference in price (and size!), but worth it to me for such a defining performance and film. Plus the Joker is just my favorite villain period, so I can justify it. At least I tell myself that. :lol

You can still sell the 1/4 Hot Toys for above retail, or at worst at it, but I'm betting that once the inevitable DX20 TDK Joker 3.0 is announced a lot of Hot Toys collectors aren't going to care for the quarter scale and it will be selling for significantly less on the secondary market.

Modified HT 1/4 Joker. New headsculpt by Jaxon Xu with hair and painting by Sinag. Coat by Daftoys. Still need to weather that jacket. But it's become a real gem with these custom pieces. Now I need to modify or find a base without all those Ha ha's.

I dig the sculpt and paintjob a lot. It's tricky, Heath's hair and makeup changed noticeably from scene to scene, so it's difficult to really nail down a definitive portrait. But as my favorite look was his mob scene introduction this paint and hair is pretty close.

S1.jpg

J2.jpg

shot 3.jpg

Modified HT 1/4 Joker. New headsculpt by Jaxon Xu with hair and painting by Sinag. Coat by Daftoys. Still need to weather that jacket. But it's become a real gem with these custom pieces. Now I need to modify or find a base without all those Ha ha's.

I dig the sculpt and paintjob a lot. It's tricky, Heath's hair and makeup changed noticeably from scene to scene, so it's difficult to really nail down a definitive portrait. But as my favorite look was his mob scene introduction this paint and hair is pretty close.

View attachment 509959

View attachment 509960

View attachment 509961

That looks sick man! Grats!

SAY GOOD BYE TO THOSE UNSIGHTLY CUTOUTS

Hey all. Thought I'd share this tip for those who can't stand the "Ha Ha Ha" cut outs on Hot Toys 1/4 scale Joker display base. I had considered them for awhile and how I might remove them. Those braver than me have tried and said the results can be pretty spotty with a lot of sanding and repainting necessary. So while perusing replacement bases on ebay, I came across the HT Thanos Endgame stand that looked nearly identical. So I ordered it and low and behold, it's an exact match, right down to the crotch grabber attachment. By simply unscrewing the four small screws on the bottom, I could exchange the decalled tops (no need to try and peal and exchange those stickers) with no modification or force. Then the name plates are also sized identically and just snap off and can be swapped. Boom. The best part is that they can all be easily exchanged right back again if you want to go stock in the future. This is a totally clean simple reversible exchange. No breakage or modification necessary, just a small scredriver and five minutes.

I'm gonna do the same thing for the HT 1/4 Batman Begins base next.

178390467_10157522244126511_5621471833218156676_n.jpeg

178766851_10157522244161511_8045919106111818389_n.jpeg

180521297_10157522244141511_6522548590020516725_n.jpeg

Just did a fun repose of my joker. When I can get a pose like this makes me love this guy more.
35fe1294dd05572c2485c9a98e3a586a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ Nice setup! *Guiltily* I still haven't opened mine up yet hahaha

Hey all. Thought I'd share this tip for those who can't stand the "Ha Ha Ha" cut outs on Hot Toys 1/4 scale Joker display base. I had considered them for awhile and how I might remove them. Those braver than me have tried and said the results can be pretty spotty with a lot of sanding and repainting necessary. So while perusing replacement bases on ebay, I came across the HT Thanos Endgame stand that looked nearly identical. So I ordered it and low and behold, it's an exact match, right down to the crotch grabber attachment. By simply unscrewing the four small screws on the bottom, I could exchange the decalled tops (no need to try and peal and exchange those stickers) with no modification or force. Then the name plates are also sized identically and just snap off and can be swapped. Boom. The best part is that they can all be easily exchanged right back again if you want to go stock in the future. This is a totally clean simple reversible exchange. No breakage or modification necessary, just a small scredriver and five minutes.

View attachment 512640

View attachment 512641

View attachment 512642

Ingenious! Yeah HT reuses bases, so this makes for a really good [subtle] modification.

View attachment 512640

View attachment 512641

View attachment 512642

Brilliant!

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Did this ever really hit high prices? HT 1/4s generally don't go above retail.

Seen this still sell for $650+. The DX11 still hitting $500+. I don't think QS really effects HT that much.

Anyways hoping there will be recasts of the 1/4 QS to pop on this, even though I have the artist edition on order.

I will keep mine. I like it but it’s underwhelming tbh. I remember opening it and thinking the bank robber version was better.

Yep…not letting mine go either…easy to hold onto it for sentimental value when I realize that I would not be able to get what I paid for it now…

Agreed I’m totally holding on to mine along with DX11 for that laughing sculpt display. He still photographs well.

Attachments

• 4145980A-AE35-4CE5-9B80-FBC3BD9743D3.jpeg
    4145980A-AE35-4CE5-9B80-FBC3BD9743D3.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 31
Back