Hot Toys - TMS050 - The Bad Batch - Clone Force 99: Hunter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point. In fact, I'm not decided on plastics. That's why I asked your opinions if they are anything to concern. I'll be happy with the figure if it has no damage. The only thing I wonder is if I should be concerned about those plastic wrappings? :D
What do you do those wrappings for instance? Keep them? Throw them?

Would you buy a second hand figure (displayed in glass cabinet) with full accessories but without plastic wrappings at half the price you would buy at a local retailer?

Regarding how many times it was returned, it's on sale by its owner and there's not a huge demand (so turnover) for sixth scale figures here.

I only buy new myself personally. You’ll probably find opinions fairly split. You’ll ultimately just have to go with what you feel is best for you. Just keep in mind long term feelings as well instead of just short term savings.

I keep everything. I put every piece of plastic carefully back in the tray. It helps with figure storage and I’ve sold a lot of figures as well so it’s helped a lot with keeping them safe for the next owner.

Some people don’t care though and throw them away. And the tray, and the box, and the shipper. Really just down to personal preference.

There’s a lot to mull over but at the end of the day, do what you believe will make you happiest in the long run.

A matter of personal preference I guess, but I just can't get that picture out of my mind's eye that someone (@Asta ?) shared of a collectors vinyl figure collection being displayed in the bathroom. LOL! 😆 BOL! 🤢

A matter of personal preference I guess, but I just can't get that picture out of my mind's eye that someone (@Asta ?) shared of a collectors vinyl figure collection being displayed in the bathroom. LOL! 😆 BOL! 🤢

Toilet collection.jpg

:toilet_cl

Some people don’t care though and throw them away. And the tray, and the box, and the shipper. Really just down to personal preference.

Remember that time someone here admitted - and I forget who it was - admitted that they not only threw out the box and shipper, but all the extra parts, the weapons, the hands, everything??!!! Despite the fact that all those things can be sold for real money. Nope! Out they went.

💀🗡💀🗡💀🗡💀🗡

Now, I can share my second hand buying experience. I bought the figure. The box had some minor dust stain and the hunter figure on cigar bant was bent previously. The figure and accessories was complete and in good condition. But the owner hadn't bothered with putting default hands on the figure. No wrappings which I was aware of. So, it was not in ideal condition, but not a disaster. Then, I noticed a white mark on the helmet. Due to heavy weathering I did not notice it at first but it was there. It was whiter than the weathering. But there was no damage on the surface. It wasn't like the figure was dropped and paint chipped away. It also wasn't like it rubbed somewhere and gathered paint. It was totally flush with the surface. I watched 3 or 4 unboxing videos to check and saw that it shouldn't be there. Maybe it was produced that way I don't know. And if you don't know the figure, you can hardly understand that it was an imperfection. But on top of non-ideal box and packaging, I decided to return it. I told the seller about the issue and he said no problem, send it back.

After all, was this a satisfactory purchase? No. But it was also not a disaster. The seller was kind and communication was good. I didn't lose anyhting, I just gave it a shot. Would I consider buying a second hand figure again? Yes, I would. In this case, if the package was in pristine condition, I would have lived with the mark since it was not distinguishable from weathering easily. Or if there was not a mark on the helmet, I would live with the non pristine package conditions. But two together made an impression that the owner doesn't purposefuly harm the figure and box but may not be handling his figures as collectibles. So, now I'm burning my reward points and get a new figure from SSC.

Sideshow has Hunter (and Echo) on sale for their BOGO deal.
Thought about a BOGO deal to get Hunter but there’s not a second figure I want that I don’t already have. I think I can find it cheaper elsewhere and not have to buy a second figure I don’t necessarily want.

Thought about a BOGO deal to get Hunter but there’s not a second figure I want that I don’t already have. I think I can find it cheaper elsewhere and not have to buy a second figure I don’t necessarily want.
Yeah I was thinking about getting Hunter+Echo but even after the BOGO the total turns out to be around $470 shipped and I suspect I can do better on the secondary market :sneaky:

Hunter is one of Sideshow’s daily deals. Comes to $244 after shipping and tax. Not sure if I should wait it out for a potential free shipping deal or get him now. Have Echo and Crosshair as well as have Tech and Wrecker on pre-order.

Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. If you really want it, PO. If you really want a deal, then nows the time. ‘😉

Back