Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One figure per shelf when possible.
Dollie factor increases exponentially after 2 on a shelf.

:rotfl I'd go maybe 3 at the most as long as it made sense. Otherwise yeah looks cluttered and like a toy collection as opposed to "showcasing" something to be proud of.

:rotfl I'd go maybe 3 at the most as long as it made sense. Otherwise yeah looks cluttered and like a toy collection as opposed to "showcasing" something to be proud of.

If you space everything out and keep it clean, even with a few in a shelf it can look clean. Personally I'm not a fan of the detolfs because they're so small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you space everything out and keep it clean, even with a few in a shelf it can look clean. Personally I'm not a fan of the detolfs because they're so small.

I think they're too small to but anything bigger costs significantly more money. I'd love IKEA to bring out a "double Detolf" but until they do, I'm stuck with them as any bigger cabinets that I have found are more than ten times the price of a Detolf.

Lol that cabinet just makes me think gotta catch them all. :lol

Mega-Pokemon-Mega.jpg

I just like to lay my Hot Toys down and stack them on top of each other.

:devil

Can anyone who's received theirs already tell me if the thigh armor comes off or if it's glued in place? I picked up a pair of open pods to go with the shoulders and want to know if I'll be able to use them. I plan on painting them to match. (as best I can)
Ryan

I think they're too small to but anything bigger costs significantly more money. I'd love IKEA to bring out a "double Detolf" but until they do, I'm stuck with them as any bigger cabinets that I have found are more than ten times the price of a Detolf.

I'm a big fan of the bestas. They seem to be a near perfect size

When are they charging for those paying full? Don't really care about calling to process it early but it seems weird that they're doing it this way. No processing email from them since the one went sent a while ago.

When are they charging for those paying full? Don't really care about calling to process it early but it seems weird that they're doing it this way. No processing email from them since the one went sent a while ago.

Mine was full Payment and I had to call and have them process and ship it last Friday.

From what I've seen, 1-2 figures looks best per detolf (maaaybe 3). IMO it's the best way to capture the art of a figure. Figures being overcrowded really lose that "art" effect and the thoughts go from "wow that's a really awesome figure" to "dude, you're really into toys..."

Just an opinion from someone completely new to this stuff. But no hate, everyone does this for their own reasons so display to your hearts content.

Edit: Actually let me clarify. I think what I'm really trying to say is that the art of the figure is lost when the art of how it's displayed is neglected. The line of where it turns from a "figure display" to a "storage shelf" doesn't necessarily have to be bound by the number of figures, just the manner in which they're presented.

Back