Hot Toys Suicide Squad Harley Quinn Prisoner Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Harley Quinn Prisoner

The release of the SS figures will be pretty spaced out though. With BVS, Superman was released last April I think and the final figure, WW, won't be released outside of HK till at least May probably.

During the Nolan movies that was the only DC line HT had to worry about, meaning they never had to rush. We had BVS and SS last year, WW and JL this year. Solos for Batman, Flash, Aquaman, JL2 and another Superman in the not too distant future.

On top of that the Gotham Sirens movie and probably a direct SS sequel. Hot Toys are really gonna struggle just to keep up. I can see it will be a Knightmare for completists like yourself.

*former completist now...

But yeah, it just seems to be rapid fire. There'll probably be a convention exclusive figure or two thrown in the mix this summer, and plenty of JL solicits this year. We've already seen two bat-outfits. My hope is that Hot Toys will at least make the entire Justice League, rather than just 8 Batmen, one Superman, and one Wonder Woman. Give fans of the other properties a chance and guys like me a break!

2017- 2020 Sideshow Spooktacular Ad Promo:

30% OFF Harley Quinn: Prisoner Version with Double Reward Points and FREE SHIPPING!!!!

Something like this will creep to $250 next year, the new base price, until fans finally say no or run out of money.

The sad thing is that this is still going to sell, because boobies.

yes and price will go up after she sells out and she will...so don't complain you can't get one at retail a year from now:lol

If that's the case, someone start an interest thread for a 1/6 60s Batmobile so Hot Toys can make me theirs.

My neighbor makes the 1:1's for DC, I've actually thought of asking him if he could churn out some 1/6 scales :lol

The likeness is off but I think it's because of the lips . I wonder if the hair on this and the other Harley can be swapped . Probably not becasue its hot toys but I still wonder and I do agree a joker guard figure is coming shortly becasue there is no other reason for this figure except if the hair is switchable and the phone unless a joker guard figure is happening .

I know some are asking why others would come onto the forum and bash a figure that they have no intention of buying, and I think the answer is pretty simple - it's wasted opportunity cost for HT (i.e., HT should make a figure we all want desperately like Romero joker instead of this kind of thing. That being said, the sculpt looks good, but I won't be picking this one up.

On the fence with this one, I Like it but I just don't know if I need it lol

I would pick up the sculpt at the very least if they have it look closer to Hongs :gah:

They could have made Diablo figure and not many Jokers And Harleys. I suppose they will not produce Joker's masked gangsters that they presented prior to the movie release. :rotfl

Why do they keep making figures from this **** movie?! :gah:

Because of reasons.

Harley and her beau are both MUCH bigger than the film in question. They had good screen chemistry, and their performances have captured people's imaginations. When people buy their likenesses, its not so much that people are endorsing that SSquad was a "great" film; it wasn't. Its one of those guilty-pleasure films.

But Robbie in many ways nailed the character, despite her questionable costuming and so popularity shouldn't be a surprise.

Do we only want figures from "great" films? Who decides what is great? Is Nicholson Joker "great"? He is to some, but not to me. So I just won't buy him.

The evil part of me wants to pick up this figure and be damned to the cost, since her mouth is closed - but I could also REAAALLLLLYYYY use that new HT Arkham Batman, he's more expensive but I don't have a HT Batman yet. Money is not endless....

i guess I'm in the minority but i love this figure and i pre ordered it.

Do we only want figures from "great" films?

Yeah we do.

Who decides what is great?

I do.

Is Nicholson Joker "great"?

Yeah

He is to some, but not to me. So I just won't buy him.

You should.

DX 08 Nicholson, DX 11 Ledger, the recent Arkham Asylum Joker and the upcoming Romero Joker are all better Jokers than Joker as seen in Suicide Squad.

Sad thing is, after it's all said and done Suicide Joker and Harley will probably have more figure releases than the 4 of them combined.

i guess I'm in the minority but i love this figure and i pre ordered it.

I like the figure but I just question the price for this. + the fact that they hadn't teased this version. It's too expensive nowadays to just pick something up if I just 'like' the figure and there will be a lot more cool figures this year for comic book fans. ( Wonderman 2.0, Aquaman, Flash, Batman JL, 1966 Joker?, Logan, Spider-Man, Thor, Gladiator Hulk, the Gotg gang, etc.)

Although she would display nicely next to the SS AA Joker. :/

Because there are people who like the movie and gladly buy a good figures from it. Not this case sadly.

My questions is ... why people who hate the movie still wandering around topics about figures from that very movie and talking how bad the movie is and why is there this and that figure.

Exactly
I'm not sure why so many people in this forum feel so entitled.
It's a company that makes high end collectible film figures, big boo hoo if it isn't the one figure you want now. Just look at the great figures you have from them and maybe stop complaining about what they don't make?
You don't have to buy any of these figures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly
I'm not sure why so many people in this forum feel so entitled.
It's a company that makes high end collectible film figures, big boo hoo if it isn't the one figure you want now. Just look at the great figures you have from them and maybe stop complaining about what they don't make?
You don't have to buy any of these figures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must be new to these parts. If you think folks feel entitled about dollies venture to the movie section...it adds a nice pinch of ramblings from a select few who deem themselves to have all movie wisdom the forum would ever need. You'd really get fired up :rotfl

I'm pretty sure any other of the squad that haven't been announced would sell better than this figure. Why is this not a convention exclusive??

Back