Hot Toys Suicide Squad Harley Quinn Prisoner Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's only a matter of time before HT makes an "action" figure designed to be displayed sleeping, complete with pillow and blanket.
:sleep Only $220 plus shipping! whuddabargin

review_jackrambo_3.jpg

review_jackrambo_7.jpg

So yeah..anyway

Are we at the acceptance and "if you don't like it" stage yet?

tldr

review_jackrambo_3.jpg

review_jackrambo_7.jpg

So yeah..anyway

tldr

It's a long road
When you're on your own
And it hurts when they tear your dreams apart
And every new town
Just seems to bring you down
Trying to find
Peace of mind
Can break your heart
It's a real war
Right outside your front door,
I tell ya

It's a long road
When you're on your own
And it hurts when they tear your dreams apart
And every new town
Just seems to bring you down
Trying to find
Peace of mind
Can break your heart
It's a real war
I tell ya

Each step is only the beginning
No breaks, just heartaches
Oh man, is anybody winning?
rambo-o.gif

Each step is only the beginning
No breaks, just heartaches
Oh man, is anybody winning?
https://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1149428/rambo-o.gif

It's a long road
And it's hard as well
Tell me what do you do to survive
When they draw first blood
That's just the start of it
Day and night
You gotta fight
To keep alive
It's a real war
I tell ya
Out where they'll kill ya,
You could use a friend
'Cause
The road is long

funny-explosion-animated-gif-5.gif

So yeah..anyway

tldr

zero interest in the "if you don't like it, keep your mouth shut" people of the world. :lecture

EDIT: not aimed at you per se, just those with that mentality :duff

Last edited:
zero interest in the "if you don't like it, keep your mouth shut" people of the world. :lecture

Seems to be a lot of anger in this thread, which is about a non-mandatory purchase.

Its as if HT makes this, they'll pass on making someone's dream figure. Problem is, everyone here has a different dream figure.

Unfortunately HT is gonna do what they want, we can only pick from what they choose to offer. The only voting we get to do is with our wallets. I remind myself of this every time I see Iron Man variant #10,005.

Haha. no anger from me, especially over a silly toy, just opining as, you know, one is want to do in a discussion forum.
Please, by all means, everyone buy whatever your little hearts desire. :duff
5168258694_ab3d928902_o.jpg

It's funny, I kept wishing for them to make another Harley because I want one but don't want the open mouthed first version. This head though...I don't know. It's great in the shots from the sculptor but looks meh in the hot toys official photos. If you take the first Harley's body and the head from the sculptor photos, that'd work great. As is, i'd have to see the final production photo on this one.

Personally I find Harley sipping espresso and reading happily in her cell more charming than her hoochie outfit. I prefer the straight-jacket Joker, too. :dunno

This doesn't take away from anything. It is not like if Hot Toys didn't make this they would have made a BR Catwoman, Penguin, Kyle Reese, Ras Al Ghul or one of the other squad members. Harley sells. Cheap and easy figure for them to make. Don't like, don't buy. No point in being angry.

Seems to be a lot of anger in this thread, which is about a non-mandatory purchase.

Its as if HT makes this, they'll pass on making someone's dream figure. Problem is, everyone here has a different dream figure.

Unfortunately HT is gonna do what they want, we can only pick from what they choose to offer. The only voting we get to do is with our wallets. I remind myself of this every time I see Iron Man variant #10,005.

These characters below are more worthy of figures than another lame Suicide Joker, Harley, Stormtrooper or Iron Man doll.

You_Doodle_2017-01-19T03_30_45Z.jpg
You_Doodle_2017-01-19T03_31_36Z.jpg
You_Doodle_2017-01-19T03_32_21Z.jpg

:exactly: even then, if they released a BR Catwoman, Romero Joker, Penguin others will just say where is "fill in the blank"? Happens every release, people are always bent out of shape because they didnt release a figure they wanted.

Harley and Joker are super popular and they can sell a lot of them. At comic con this year i think SSquad Harley was easily the most popular cosplay i saw, in both of the outfits HTs made. Saw several in the prison suit, but even more in her street outfit.

Something about the bottom half of her face reminds me of Hayley Atwell.

If no one buys, then this will go get discounts like Maria Hill I feel.

R'as and Lucius Fox are my only missing pieces to complete the TDK set. I wouldn't mind a Talia either but not necessary.

:exactly: even then, if they released a BR Catwoman, Romero Joker, Penguin others will just say where is "fill in the blank"? Happens every release, people are always bent out of shape because they didnt release a figure they wanted.

Harley and Joker are super popular and they can sell a lot of them. At comic con this year i think SSquad Harley was easily the most popular cosplay i saw, in both of the outfits HTs made. Saw several in the prison suit, but even more in her street outfit.

I understand they can only do so many figures in any one year so surely they could do a BR Catwoman instead of just one of those 4 or 5 Leto Joker's? It's not like anyone's asking them to ignore him completely, but he was in the movie for like 20 minutes. Seems like overkill when they haven't done a single villain figure from BR.

lol cuz those movie fans sure r fickle

Seriously? Hot Toys teased these figures to fans and said they were going to make them. It's been over four years since they announced the acquisition of the Batman Returns license, saying they would make Penguin and Catwoman.

Sorry if Slumber Party Harley doesn't seem as interesting as Catwoman, Penguin, Romero Joker, or any other characters that have stood the test of time.

Hot Toys brought it upon themselves. Nobody told them to announce and tease a lot of those characters.

It took years of asking for people to finally get their Arkham Joker. The 4 year wait for that was ridiculous, especially when they said he was done before Arkham Batman which somehow came out before Joker two years earlier. :lol Look, nobody told Hot Toys to tease him that early. Same goes with them announcing a 1/6 and 1/4 Batman Returns line or Howard saying that Penguin would be shown with Batman in December of 2012. How about Shaw and the Engineer from Prometheus? Nobody told them to put up a "Coming Soon" teaser and BTS pics of Shaw for "upcoming 2013 releases". How about their Terminator line? They teased an all new 1/6 Stan Winston Endoskeleton and 1/4 Arnold back in 2011 and never made good on it. I could go on and on.

People wouldn't ask about or anticipate anything else if Hot Toys never opened their mouths or showed a prototype at a con or show. Nobody would be asking them about a particular character or vehicle if Sideshow and Hot Toys didn't put up a "COMING SOON" advertisement on their social media pages and websites. You can't blame people for obnoxiously asking "where is _____" when there is no other way to communicate with Hot Toys. It's been YEARS since they did QnA's.

Don't hype up what you can't make good on. Don't buy up licenses that you have no intention of fulfilling.

So yeah, when something they've never previously announced or teased (like this lame Harley Quinn, or a third Deathtrooper or a 40th Iron Man or a porcelain Stormtrooper) pops up, I don't blame people for asking "where is fill in the blank". Especially when nobody demanded or asked for said variant. As far as DC goes, they still have silver jacket Leto, rebreather Batman, the two Joker thugs, Romero Joker, the TDKR armory vault, Returns Penguin, something QS Returns, "Mob Civillian" Joker and the '66 Batmobile to make good on.

They'll never really finish the Suicide Squad either. They're notorious for dropping a line before finishing it, even if they're one figure away (Platoon). Suicide Squad fans can kiss ever having this on their shelves,

IMG_5463.JPG

Goodbye.

Instead of getting a nice Croc or Boomerang or Katana, a unique character that could spice up the Hot Toys formula, you'll get another bubblegum looking Leto or Harley.

Imagine how annoying it would be for someone anticipating silver suit Leto only to get a random SWAT version and never hear or see anything about the silver jacket version again as it falls under their huge list of unknowns. That's what a lot of people are feeling because this has been going on for the past 6 years.

Last edited:
HT has finished Avengers, Avengers Age of Ultron(the drone is missing but we got HB and Maria Hill), BvS, CW is only missing Spiderman. They've finished lines before.

And Yellowjacket. And Crossbones.

Like I said in my post, I could go on and on.

Back