Hot Toys Suicide Squad Harley Quinn Prisoner Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Harley Quinn Prisoner

First of the Harleys- looks good but not good HS to me. Still a buy for me since I loved her in the film and this scene was nifty with the outfit
Afraid they may not do the others as they should...

ya i wasnt expecting this and i like that its unique too. but i dont think its that far off. JC Hongs pix look much better. im sure they will be tweaking it just like the always do.

i really hope for Katana if they do anymore SS.

You are correct imo, the sculpt is not too far off. Could use some tweaking but I'm pretty happy with it. Otherwise I wouldn't have ordered her.

But I would buy them all if they spaced them out and gave me time to breathe. So Hot Toys is losing money from pushing too much of the same thing simultaneously. I don't think that's a good business model, especially because it makes it easier to skip releases for even the most diehard collectors like myself. Having a complete line is part of the fun for some of us, and if you can't do that, than maybe just skip it altogether. I myself will be skipping more and more in the coming years.

The release of the SS figures will be pretty spaced out though. With BVS, Superman was released last April I think and the final figure, WW, won't be released outside of HK till at least May probably.

During the Nolan movies that was the only DC line HT had to worry about, meaning they never had to rush. We had BVS and SS last year, WW and JL this year. Solos for Batman, Flash, Aquaman, JL2 and another Superman in the not too distant future.

On top of that the Gotham Sirens movie and probably a direct SS sequel. Hot Toys are really gonna struggle just to keep up. I can see it will be a Knightmare for completists like yourself.

For this money, they just COULD NOT BE BOTHERED to give her the red manicure.... an easy fix, but still.

HT harl4.jpg

With that said, I simply cannot imagine being a Batman Completist, due to both space and monetary considerations. My hat is off to anyone who can make that claim.

The Likeness is Off on this one

Not a bad figure and the price seems about right but if I wanted a Harley I'd get her main look.

I'm tempted to PO but something about the expression or likeness is a bit off.

Prison Harley looks better in some angles but not so much in others. At least she has a slight smile on her face, unlike the neutral expression HT tends to produce.

For this money, they just COULD NOT BE BOTHERED to give her the red manicure.... an easy fix, but still.

View attachment 317538

With that said, I simply cannot imagine being a Batman Completist, due to both space and monetary considerations. My hat is off to anyone who can make that claim.

Maybe they will update her nails in final production. Sometimes these promo photo shoots get rushed just so they can get it released.

I can't believe we've been so conditioned to the point where we have no problem shelling out $220 plus shipping for a doll like this from an awful movie. The likeness sucks (the first Harley is better), she comes with little dinky accessories and the outfit is about as simple as it gets. Not long ago, this look and head could have been included as an extra in a DX line for $170 (see DX 01 Joker). Better yet, Princess Leia was put up last year and was "only" $204. Hell, remember when the regular Avengers and TDKR Catwoman were $190?

$220 right out of the gate is ridiculous for a barebones figure. Kinda insulting. It's right up there with Sideshow thinking they can get $250 for their awful Beetlejuice. They better hope people aren't being more strict with their purchases or they're going to be choking on a lot of these toys in the near future.

I wish some high end collectible company would come onto the scene and loosen Sideshow and Hot Toys' stranglehold on the market. Some competitor needs to put them in their place.

Last edited:

Why do they keep making figures from this **** movie?! :gah:

Because there are people who like the movie and gladly buy a good figures from it. Not this case sadly.

My questions is ... why people who hate the movie still wandering around topics about figures from that very movie and talking how bad the movie is and why is there this and that figure.

I can't believe we've been so conditioned to the point where we have no problem shelling out $220 plus shipping for a doll like this from an awful movie. The likeness sucks (the first Harley is better), she comes with little dinky accessories and the outfit is about as simple as it gets. Not long ago, this look and head could have been included as an extra in a DX line for $170 (see DX 01 Joker). Better yet, Princess Leia was put up last year and was "only" $204. Hell, remember when the regular Avengers and TDKR Catwoman were $190?

$220 right out of the gate is ridiculous for a barebones figure. Kinda insulting. It's right up there with Sideshow thinking they can get $250 for their awful Beetlejuice. They better hope people aren't being more strict with their purchases or they're going to be choking on a lot of these toys in the near future.

I wish some high end collectible company would come onto the scene and loosen Sideshow and Hot Toys' stranglehold on the market. Some competitor needs to put them in their place.
Raging-GIF.gif

i didnt even bother buying the bluray , i rented it for $2.00 on RedBox , what a waste of $2.00 and time

Why do they keep making figures from this **** movie?! :gah:

I didn't like it either but plenty of people did. It did well at the box office, better than BVS when you consider it had a smaller budget, less iconic characters and a much smaller first to second week drop.

They aren't going to not put out figures people will buy because critics and some fans think it sucks.

Even if I liked the sculpt I wouldn't be paying $220 for this when the previously revealed Harley has so much more in the way of accessories. Outrageous to charge over $200 for this but many will still buy it.

Back