1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, a bit of weathering on this guy would've gone a long way. I assume this is more targeted towards folks with DS displays.

I really don't feel this helmet looks better than the ANH ones at all. It's true that they're not accurate enough, but the ANH helmet still looks really good. The proportions on this new one are so glaring to me, I simply can't stop seeing the huge gap between the top of the mouth/grille and the eyes. Not to mention the mouth/grille has sharp edges to the sides of the mouth while the actual helmet had rounded edges and looked as if the grille was a different piece the was set into the helmet.

I do feel like I'm beating a dead horse here, but I genuinely don't understand going through the trouble of making new ROTJ style body armor and then seemingly just making up the helmet details as you go.

For all their faults the ANH trooper and sandie look amazing. This guy drives me up a wall.

Look how short the gap is between the top of the mouth and the eyes here:
44db0a3b255b252a1069a8a0e3c47538.jpg

By now we must understand that HT will never make a truly accurate Stormtrooper helmet. Maybe they don't care, maybe they don't know how, maybe they are not allowed, who knows. But we get these idealized figures and that is it. And trust me, I'm big on accuracy, but not that much on 1/6 anymore.

Just got my two in and love them. I didn't have any OT Stormtroopers prior, so I'm digging it. I don't mind any inaccuracies as I just want to look at them as a generalized OT trooper. The helmet sculpt could be a little better, but I still like it.

I did paint the soles of their boots black, just because I like that look a lot more. Overall, really happy with them. I like the little bits of weathering a lot. If anything, they could probably have more weathering lol.

A great figure for 180 IMO. Super happy :)

So has everyone got "Sith Trooper" on their display base ? I've seen a lot so far with Sith Trooper and mine included, but any with standard "Stormtrooper" or whatever it should say ?

I don't have any feedback from my HK seller. But has anyone had their display shield exchanged ?

Ordered one of the standard version for now. I?m not too much of a stickler when it comes to characters like Stormtroopers and just want a few to put on the shelf. Wouldn?t mind the deluxe but I don?t want to pay the full price for one. I have a fair amount of Troopers now. One ANH version, the Luke and Han disguise versions, Space Trooper (technically different but goes with the others anyways), and now this ROTJ version. Plus I have the Sandtrooper, Shadow Trooper, Snowtrooper, and Scout Trooper (Sideshow).

So has everyone got "Sith Trooper" on their display base ? I've seen a lot so far with Sith Trooper and mine included, but any with standard "Stormtrooper" or whatever it should say ?

I don't have any feedback from my HK seller. But has anyone had their display shield exchanged ?

Mine came from an HK seller and had the correct name plate. It simply says "Stormtrooper".

Received the correct "Stormtrooper" version from Alter Ego.

Mine came from an HK seller and had the correct name plate. It simply says "Stormtrooper".

Personally I take off the name placards on my Star Wars display stands anyways.

Received the correct "Stormtrooper" version from Alter Ego.

I got the correct one on mine, from HK.

OK thanks guys. Seems I must have got the last white "Sith Trooper". Supplier has asked for a picture to contact the HT factory. At least it's a simple, small and light thing to send by post. And hopefully no return postage of anything from my end.

Personally am a bit "meh" with it myself.

By now we must understand that HT will never make a truly accurate Stormtrooper helmet. Maybe they don't care, maybe they don't know how, maybe they are not allowed, who knows. But we get these idealized figures and that is it. And trust me, I'm big on accuracy, but not that much on 1/6 anymore.

The new one isn't even idealized though, I'm not sure what it is, but it's not idealized.

I just won the deluxe version on a Facebook contest. I'm pretty excited to get it after seeing all of the pics on here.

I received this today and I must say It?s very underwhelming. As others have said the helmet sculpt is a very strange shape. I thought it might look better in hand but I think it actually looks worse.

That must be one of the biggest delays between release and sideshow etc getting them?
I got mine from Hong Kong in may/that?s over 3months.
I sold both of mine on too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me its the ill fitting armor..chiefly, the loose belt over the wide abdomen and chest armor. I have a tendency to cheat my poses (and photography) with this one to 3/4 views so its not so noticeable. I do like the shoulder armor on this one as its finally the right size. The ANH are just too small in general. I know the shapes are different from the two movies, but these new ones with a little mod look great on the ANH trooper.
The Helmet. From initial promo picks, I was hoping to replace some of my ANH troops with this bucket as it looked closer to a generic stunt...Just the fact the frown was wider was a relief and a welcome break from the overly stylized hero helmet offering we kept getting. Having it in hand now, I'm not convinced either way yet. Going to have to live with it for a while and see what happens.

Back