1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad I bought these. I'm really enjoying them. What other blasters go with this type of trooper and are available online? I wouldn't mind varying it up a little.

I definitely say Jedi is best overall, not taking into consideration suit designs. RO poses better than ANH, but I prefer ANH aesthetically to RO while the the green lenses in Jedi beat the other two.

Does anyone's helmet has a little chip of near the grill on the left side. I don't know if I want to make an issue of it. It seems like there is a bit of white plastic missing. It's tiny but it's noticeable.

Does anyone's helmet has a little chip of near the grill on the left side. I don't know if I want to make an issue of it. It seems like there is a bit of white plastic missing. It's tiny but it's noticeable.

I had what looked like a black mark or chip in this exact spot. I was able gently scrap it off. For me it was nothing more than the tiniest bit of stray paint.

I had what looked like a black mark or chip in this exact spot. I was able gently scrap it off. For me it was nothing more than the tiniest bit of stray paint.

It isn't a black mark on mine unfortunately. It's really a tiny molding error. I contacted KGhobby to ask about what can be done.

Ah, sorry to hear that. Since these just released I'm sure you'll be able to get a replacement.

nice...

Which do you prefer in hand?

Is the blaster a tad smaller on the ROTJ? Looks so in pics, but could be angle.

No preference at all really. Just two excellent renditions of an iconic character. Blasters are sensibly the same size. Rail mounted scope on ANH version makes it look slightly bigger i think.

Just opened mine. Was not expecting much since I already have three(five including disguise versions) ANH stormtroopers. But was I surprised! This figure exceeds the ANH sculpt by far, only thing a bit annoying is the belt being a bit too loose for my taste. But other than that, excellent release! Like the weathering too, subtle. Might even get a few more..... But one only have so much display space and funds.... :gah:

I just found a pretty good price on the deluxe on ebay and made the plunge. I really love the Death Star wall behind it as a display piece and you can never have enough troopers!

I've just been invoiced by The Good The Bad & The Robots for the deluxe, I guess these are now finally reaching UK suppliers...

Mine shipped yesterday from BBTS. Only cost me about $80. I bought a First Order Commander and got the $125 store credit. I'll be displaying the evolution of the Stormtrooper when it arrives.
Ep.II Replublic Clone Trooper, Ep.VI Imperial Stormtrooper, and Ep.VII First Order Stormtrooper.

Received mine today from a HK dealer - shipped to UK (and interestingly despite having a customs notice on the box with a fee to pay it's been delivered anyway...).

I ordered the standard, but it came with the deluxe sleeve on the box - was kinda hoping for a nice surprise inside, but was just the regular version within.

Nice figure though - more poseability than the ANH versions.

Got this one in yesterday from SS.
Great addition to my collection!
Had the wrong name plate, but not a big deal for me since I don't use the HT stands in my display.
Starting to fill out the Endor section of my display; can't wait for Endor Luke, and Leia and Wicket.
I need a Scout Trooper Hot Toys!!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2859.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2859.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 254
  • fullsizeoutput_2856.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2856.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 247
  • fullsizeoutput_2864.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2864.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 256
I'm still ******** about these not looking at all like the ROTJ troopers.

Yeah, I've gone back on forth on getting one of these many times in the past month, but it does come down to that fundamental issue - it's a quite nice stormie and the helmet looks better than the ANH version, but it still doesn't look much like the ROTJ stormie.

It's such an odd thing that they went to so much trouble with the armor yet dropped the ball with the helmt. But then HT has really struggled with the stormie helmets overall - the HT sandie, the HT ANH helmet, the HT RO helmet all look decent enough, but they really don't look all that accurate to the specific variation of the helmet they were trying to match. Which probably suggests why they failed with this ROTJ variation.

It's a bit like people wishing for a HT ESB or ROTJ style Chewy - when the versions we've gotten struggle to look like Chewy at all, let alone like a specific "look" Chewy had in the various films.

I really don't feel this helmet looks better than the ANH ones at all. It's true that they're not accurate enough, but the ANH helmet still looks really good. The proportions on this new one are so glaring to me, I simply can't stop seeing the huge gap between the top of the mouth/grille and the eyes. Not to mention the mouth/grille has sharp edges to the sides of the mouth while the actual helmet had rounded edges and looked as if the grille was a different piece the was set into the helmet.

I do feel like I'm beating a dead horse here, but I genuinely don't understand going through the trouble of making new ROTJ style body armor and then seemingly just making up the helmet details as you go.

For all their faults the ANH trooper and sandie look amazing. This guy drives me up a wall.

Look how short the gap is between the top of the mouth and the eyes here:
44db0a3b255b252a1069a8a0e3c47538.jpg

I received mine the other day. Nice enough, but a little underwhelming. I can?t explain why, but I?m just not thrilled. Maybe stormtrooper burnout? I prefer the original ht anh troops for some reason. Not sure if I?m even going to keep these, I really wanted true rotj troopers.

Back