1/6 Hot Toys Stormtroopers Deluxe Version MMS514/515

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_5326.jpg
I think I may have to get a second one of these just for the background

I've warmed up to these. No way it's an ROTJ stormie but still they look the part for generic troops just fine. I suppose you could say my personal requirements for a good trooper have lessened somewhat after the Rogue One troopers though.

I had three deluxes on pre-order and got a regular in may/June it had one of the drop boxes loose in the box. When I got the other three a week ago one of those had a loose drop box as well, so someone at the factory is stingy with the glue.

Received my standard Stormie today. Name plate is correct on mine. The box came in pretty banged up though. Nothing inside is damaged, but still it?s the idea when Sideshow is charging $25 to ship items out. Might contact them about it.

I got my standard trooper last week with the Sith Trooper base. Contacted BBTS about it. They are of aware of the issue and are dealing with it accordingly. They are dealing with SSC. Asked for pics to help, sent them and am just waiting to hear back.

I noticed after a few hours on that mine got super dim. I wouldn?t think the batteries would be worn out that fast? Possibly defective?

Really liking this nameplate as it matches better with the guys behind him. I originally had them with a Rogue One stormtrooper, and the nameplate design was different. Better posing one day hopefully

71XWaGy.jpg

I noticed after a few hours on that mine got super dim. I wouldn?t think the batteries would be worn out that fast? Possibly defective?

Same like Iphones...this issue is obviously not technical problem, but rather a "function" of Hot Toys :)

So surprisingly Sideshow got back to me about my damaged box and is sending a replacement to me. I sort of expected just a credit or something based on other people who have contacted Sideshow about similar issues, but I?m glad to get a non-damaged box.

So surprisingly Sideshow got back to me about my damaged box and is sending a replacement to me. I sort of expected just a credit or something based on other people who have contacted Sideshow about similar issues, but I?m glad to get a non-damaged box.

Good luck with that... Way back in the day when SS made their exclusive Sith Anakin (they called it Darth Vader Sith Apprentice) as a SDCC exclusive, I received my box damaged. It was the first time I ever had box damage with a delivery with SS (only other was the SS C-3PO which had a crease). After contacting them they did send me a replacement box for it back then, but they sent it unfolded (flat) in a large flat cardboard sleeve. It wound up getting even more damaged, dented and banged up in delivery than the boxed figure. I never bothered to even contact them again..

Really tempted to pull the trigger on this. I have an ANH Stormtrooper already. If either the ANH Sandtrooper or the 1/4 scale Trooper were around than it would be an easy pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have ANH. And I passed this one easily. I'll save the money for Scout Trooper.

Standard Troopers are always good to have more than one of (I know there are variations but basically close enough for me). I?d like to get at least one more of these eventually. Might spring for a deluxe.

Good luck with that... Way back in the day when SS made their exclusive Sith Anakin (they called it Darth Vader Sith Apprentice) as a SDCC exclusive, I received my box damaged. It was the first time I ever had box damage with a delivery with SS (only other was the SS C-3PO which had a crease). After contacting them they did send me a replacement box for it back then, but they sent it unfolded (flat) in a large flat cardboard sleeve. It wound up getting even more damaged, dented and banged up in delivery than the boxed figure. I never bothered to even contact them again..
They actually sent it in boxed form and not flattened. I wouldn?t have cared so much, but when they charge $25 or whatever to ship and don?t protect it and it arrives banged up I?m going to complain.

I like this figure, a lot. But I can't get my head around this helmet sculpt... I think it's the space between the grill and center of eyes that's the issue. Might be hard in 1/6 since even the smallest deviation will stand out way more than in replica scale.

Back