1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! you ordering her from Popcultcha?
No sorry.
This one i ordered from ToysBuyingAgent in Hong Kong.
The turnaround time to ship has been about 3 weeks due to current world situation.
Was sitting awaiting shipment for all that time until it suddenly changed to Sydney the other night.
So definitely looking like she will arrive Monday as there is no further update today.

So this figure arrived today but have only just gotten her out for some quick night pics.
Was too excited to wait,and work is full on atm so...
I thought when I opened her,that the left sash was cut,but it seems to just be normal.
crap lighting,but will get around to posing her with all her accessories and interacting with other characters in better lighting at some stage..

Attachments

• 20210818_213521.jpg
    20210818_213521.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 20210818_213543.jpg
    20210818_213543.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210818_213547.jpg
    20210818_213547.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 20210818_222426.jpg
    20210818_222426.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 20210818_221610.jpg
    20210818_221610.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 108
Got Rey yesterday and she’s great! I’ve been dragging my feet with getting this one. I wasn’t crazy about the original prototype, but once in hand photos and video reviews started coming out, plus the addition of the lightsabers, it made it much more enticing. But I was still unsure since I didn’t like ROS as much as the previous two movies. But now that I got her, I’m so glad I did!

Fantastic sculpt. It’s truly amazing in person. Ears don’t look too big. The likeness is spot on. The exposed neck and clavicle look amazing.The hood doesn’t seem as puffy in person either. I think I got it laying pretty flat on mine.

Love the accessories as well. Almost too many! I don’t know what to pose her with: Luke’s or Leia’s or her lightsaber? Or keep her with her staff? But then which lightsaber goes on her belt? And use the satchel or not?

DO is pretty good too, although those antenna were a pain to put in!

Now I have to move some things around to put her and Kylo on display.

Two things: I don’t like the waist grabber. It’s a little severe how it grabs on so tight and gets in the way of the belt and the swaths of fabric. I saw some people have it above the belt which seems to work well. I’ll have to try that.

And two: the protective plastic on her chest. So really the only way to get it out is to cut it out?

Attachments

• IMG_3800.JPG
    IMG_3800.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_3802-crop.jpg
    IMG_3802-crop.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_3804.JPG
    IMG_3804.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3805.JPG
    IMG_3805.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_3809.JPG
    IMG_3809.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 172
Got Rey yesterday and she’s great! I’ve been dragging my feet with getting this one. I wasn’t crazy about the original prototype, but once in hand photos and video reviews started coming out, plus the addition of the lightsabers, it made it much more enticing. But I was still unsure since I didn’t like ROS as much as the previous two movies. But now that I got her, I’m so glad I did!

Fantastic sculpt. It’s truly amazing in person. Ears don’t look too big. The likeness is spot on. The exposed neck and clavicle look amazing.The hood doesn’t seem as puffy in person either. I think I got it laying pretty flat on mine.

Love the accessories as well. Almost too many! I don’t know what to pose her with: Luke’s or Leia’s or her lightsaber? Or keep her with her staff? But then which lightsaber goes on her belt? And use the satchel or not?

Two things: I don’t like the waist grabber. It’s a little severe how it grabs on so tight and gets in the way of the belt and the swaths of fabric. I saw some people have it above the belt which seems to work well. I’ll have to try that.

And two: the protective plastic on her chest. So really the only way to get it out is to cut it out?
Congratulations! She looks fabulous! I like posing her with her yellow lightsaber. It makes me imagine her adventures after TROS.

Last edited:
Those are some amazing shots, Lu! Almost had me ordering both immediately after seeing them. :lol

Trying to cut back but I do like the idea of a masked version of both and then that unmasked duo there. :gah:

Last edited:

Great job on getting her hold to lie flat, it makes her look a lot better. How’ you do it? I keep trying to do it myself but without success.

And for those who have this and TFA Rey, which do you prefer? The ROS outfit pops alongside other figures, the proportions are better, and the headsculpt is much better, but the TFA look is the most iconic one and I just have more fun with it than the ROS figure. The ROS outfit seems fragile and I’m wary of bending the arms in case the rubber skin tears, particularly given that this is probably a low production run, so it’s likely not going to be cheap or easy to replace in the future,

What are you using to support the training helmet? It looks like a mouthpiece off a trumpet

Great job on getting her hold to lie flat, it makes her look a lot better. How’ you do it? I keep trying to do it myself but without success.

And for those who have this and TFA Rey, which do you prefer? The ROS outfit pops alongside other figures, the proportions are better, and the headsculpt is much better, but the TFA look is the most iconic one and I just have more fun with it than the ROS figure. The ROS outfit seems fragile and I’m wary of bending the arms in case the rubber skin tears, particularly given that this is probably a low production run, so it’s likely not going to be cheap or easy to replace in the future,
I agree. Great job on futzing the hood.

Congratulations! She looks fabulous! I like posing her with her yellow lightsaber. It makes me imagine her adventures after TROS.
Thanks! Yes, that's a good idea!

Those are some amazing shots, Lu! Almost had me ordering both immediately after seeing them. :lol

Trying to cut back but I do like the idea of a masked version of both and then that unmasked duo there. :gah:
Good idea too, but those sculpts are just too good to keep covered up!

Everything you said is spot on. The ROS Rey is indeed overall just a better made figure. But still, TFA Rey is iconic. The ROS Rey's outfit is not fragile, but only time can tell about the arms. I too am very leery of the rubber arms. Even switching out the hands was a little uncomfortable because as you hold the arm to put the hand in, the rubber slides down towards the wrist when you're applying force. Nothing bad happened, but it's weird and it could lead to something bad if you're not careful. For long term poses I will definitely be keeping her arms fairly straight, with maybe just the slightest bend to look natural.

I have all 3 Reys and can find something positive about all of them, so I won't be splitting up the group any time soon. But if I HAD to choose, then yeah, maybe I'd go with TFA Rey since it is the most iconic. It also has the 2 different looks you can give her: the full desert gear or the regular look. Plus she has BB8.

What are you using to support the training helmet? It looks like a mouthpiece off a trumpet
Good eye! That is indeed a trumpet mouthpiece! My F-I-L was cleaning out his basement and handed my wife and I a box of stuff he couldn't bear to throw away. Among that stuff was that trumpet mouthpiece (no trumpet!) which I immediately thought would be a good helmet stand! Kylo has a bunsen burner stand for his helmet, also courtesy of my F-I-L.

I agree. Great job on futzing the hood.
Thanks! Honestly I didn't do anything special, just smooshed the hood down with my fingers, maybe tugged downward a bit too. I'm surprised too that it ended up looking ok.

Thanks! Yes, that's a good idea!

Good idea too, but those sculpts are just too good to keep covered up!

Everything you said is spot on. The ROS Rey is indeed overall just a better made figure. But still, TFA Rey is iconic. The ROS Rey's outfit is not fragile, but only time can tell about the arms. I too am very leery of the rubber arms. Even switching out the hands was a little uncomfortable because as you hold the arm to put the hand in, the rubber slides down towards the wrist when you're applying force. Nothing bad happened, but it's weird and it could lead to something bad if you're not careful. For long term poses I will definitely be keeping her arms fairly straight, with maybe just the slightest bend to look natural.

I have all 3 Reys and can find something positive about all of them, so I won't be splitting up the group any time soon. But if I HAD to choose, then yeah, maybe I'd go with TFA Rey since it is the most iconic. It also has the 2 different looks you can give her: the full desert gear or the regular look. Plus she has BB8.

Good eye! That is indeed a trumpet mouthpiece! My F-I-L was cleaning out his basement and handed my wife and I a box of stuff he couldn't bear to throw away. Among that stuff was that trumpet mouthpiece (no trumpet!) which I immediately thought would be a good helmet stand! Kylo has a bunsen burner stand for his helmet, also courtesy of my F-I-L.

Thanks! Honestly I didn't do anything special, just smooshed the hood down with my fingers, maybe tugged downward a bit too. I'm surprised too that it ended up looking ok.
Nice job …how did you get the collar like that..I want to do that on mine

Well, it’s better than I’ve managed (this is the best I can get it). I did wonder if you’d given it a water treatment or something.

View attachment 535343
Maybe try and smoosh down the middle part directly behind her neck? Just work at that part? Use your thumb and index fingers (maybe both hands) and press the hood between them from both the underside and the outer side.

Back