1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great shot!

Take THIS, my friend!

64DC6BA5043C4E7D903B.jpeg

Great setup (I almost went to switch my Rey and Kylo into this pose until I remembered that Rey is currently headless due to the head having being sent off for some customising 😅). What’s the backdrop meant to be?

Great setup (I almost went to switch my Rey and Kylo into this pose until I remembered that Rey is currently headless due to the head having being sent off for some customising 😅). What’s the backdrop meant to be?
That’s the planet Kijimi when Rey and Kylo we’re distance communicating through The Force when Rey was on Kylo’s fleet ship, and Kylo was on Kijimi looking for Rey, Finn, Poe, and 3PO.
Kijimi. Great work on the cape QuiGon.
Thanks man! Yeah, had to work a little magic to remove the display stand!

Just picked up this set from preorder at local comic shop. Haven’t had a chance to open it yet.

Love this figure and it was a real hassle to set up. The hand pegs were tough to put back into the arms!!!
Gripped the figure too hard around the arm and as a result the coating looks on the arm came off. Not sure how sure if there’s a way to even fix this 😕

Attachments

• 26CF4C27-90B1-4E78-9AD4-325979F6FE31.jpeg
    26CF4C27-90B1-4E78-9AD4-325979F6FE31.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 8C4652C1-AC8F-424F-B80E-0F3FABDF05C4.jpeg
    8C4652C1-AC8F-424F-B80E-0F3FABDF05C4.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 125
  • BA75A98E-E448-4849-8B4C-998CE378D8B5.jpeg
    BA75A98E-E448-4849-8B4C-998CE378D8B5.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 6B509F72-2E20-46E7-892C-E2BBF786816A.jpeg
    6B509F72-2E20-46E7-892C-E2BBF786816A.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 121
Love this figure and it was a real hassle to set up. The hand pegs were tough to put back into the arms!!!
Gripped the figure too hard around the arm and as a result the coating looks on the arm came off. Not sure how sure if there’s a way to even fix this 😕
Ouch so sorry to hear that @Darth Fok

May I ask why you took of her arm? is it to remove the white plastic sheet?

Could the coating that came off on her arm is a result of scrapping against the arm band?

Ouch so sorry to hear that @Darth Fok

May I ask why you took of her arm? is it to remove the white plastic sheet?

Could the coating that came off on her arm is a result of scrapping against the arm band?
Yeah not quite sure. I didn’t removed the arm but I think I may have gripped it too tight when I was trying to get the arm band on.

If adding an arm band to a seamless arm, I would always sit it in boiling water for a few minutes to soften the material and expand it slightly.
Of course, if you are new to the hobby, that might be something you wouldn’t think to do.

Wow, sorry to hear that Darth Fok.

I can attest that it can be fairly easy for that to happen. I mentioned when I got her that putting the hands on was rather difficult with the rubber arms. The rubber sheathing tends to slide towards the wrist as you are holding it with the opposite hand when you're trying to put a hand on. So you kinda have to grip the arm tighter in order to grasp it well enough to push back against the force to put the hand in. I guess gripping it a little too hard will cause enough friction to rub the paint off (that's what she said).

Wow, sorry to hear that Darth Fok.

I can attest that it can be fairly easy for that to happen. I mentioned when I got her that putting the hands on was rather difficult with the rubber arms. The rubber sheathing tends to slide towards the wrist as you are holding it with the opposite hand when you're trying to put a hand on. So you kinda have to grip the arm tighter in order to grasp it well enough to push back against the force to put the hand in. I guess gripping it a little too hard will cause enough friction to rub the paint off (that's what she said).
hahahaha yeah I'll know for next time. Fortunately, it's not overly obvious but I notice it :(

Back