1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering if there's an easier way to fix it as I don't have an air brush
I once fixed a scratch on a figure head sculpt with a coloring pencil. It did the job as I couldn't see the damage afterwards (albeit its a tiny damaged area)

Maybe you can try coloring pencil? find the most suitable base color for the skin, then make some subtle speckles by dotting with a darker color (ensure to color match it obviously)

I once fixed a scratch on a figure head sculpt with a coloring pencil. It did the job as I couldn't see the damage afterwards (albeit its a tiny damaged area)

Maybe you can try coloring pencil? find the most suitable base color for the skin, then make some subtle speckles by dotting with a darker color (ensure to color match it obviously)
Thanks. I might do a small test

Love this figure and it was a real hassle to set up. The hand pegs were tough to put back into the arms!!!
Gripped the figure too hard around the arm and as a result the coating looks on the arm came off. Not sure how sure if there’s a way to even fix this 😕
I feel your pain on this one. Had the same thing happen on the opposite arm. That paint is SUPER thin on this figure. It’s so annoying how fragile these are for the cost.

I feel your pain on this one. Had the same thing happen on the opposite arm. That paint is SUPER thin on this figure. It’s so annoying how fragile these are for the cost.
Ouch man sorry to hear that! did you grip it too hard as well?

I ordered this from sideshow yesterday in a fit of...something.
I already have TFA Rey & BB8 but I decided it would be nice to have this one too.

Rey the Fourth…

59BFBB66AC3243BE8ABC.jpeg

A2C12B5F6F3D45158A58.jpeg

I bit the bullet and picked this up from Sideshow a couple weeks ago using a bunch of rewards points I had saved up. TFA Resistance Rey will be my only Rey figure, so I just got this for the accessories (the sabers, head sculpt, and maybe the body since it has a smaller bust). Given what the sabers sell for parted, it made more sense to get the whole set and sell off what I don't keep.

Anyways, I finally opened it up today for a quick inspection, and it looks pretty good in person. The head sculpt doesn't photograph well, but under natural lighting (with shadows), it looks much more realistic than the TFA sculpt (and has a slightly better likeness). It does have the wrong hairstyle though, and it's not noticeable from a straight-on view, so we'll see how much that bothers me. And the new head sculpt sits a bit too high on the Resistance figure, so some sort of body/neck surgery will be necessary depending on the body/head combination I keep.

No not yet, expecting that ha ha maybe hopefully next week. With all the mail issues down under atm I guess it’s going to take. a. long. time. They might still be coming from the distributor Ikon, they have HT 1/6 Rey, Kylo, Mando Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike, Cap EG, 1/4 Spidey, Anti-Ock Spidey plus the SS Leatherface and Michael Myers. Yesh a ton to scratch off the list but yowzer thats some $$$ right there.

No not yet, expecting that ha ha maybe hopefully next week. With all the mail issues down under atm I guess it’s going to take. a. long. time. They might still be coming from the distributor Ikon, they have HT 1/6 Rey, Kylo, Mando Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike, Cap EG, 1/4 Spidey, Anti-Ock Spidey plus the SS Leatherface and Michael Myers. Yesh a ton to scratch off the list but yowzer thats some $$$ right there.

images (17).jpeg

Y U Do Dis?

Attachments

• images (16).jpeg
    images (16).jpeg
    6.6 KB · Views: 19
Sorry I got over excited and jumped the gun a little! I have been waiting for some of these for two years. Hopefully next week.

i sent a birthday present to my mother who lives 20km away and it took a week to get to her. Aus Post is stretched badly at the moment. I have chats with my mail guy every time he comes now. They have been suspending some services to try and catch up. They have been working weekends since last year.

The only plus side to all this (besides getting them!) is I paid these off a long long time ago.

Back