1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taken at the Secret Base display

51281950012_876bffc673_b_d.jpg

They do have separate OT, PT, ST and Rogue One displays. I don't have the photos on hand, but will try next time

Still seeing too much TFA in that sculpt and the cape looks atrocious. Glad I slept on this one.

Are there pics of the rest of their Star wars display at Secret Base where this pic is from?
Like an OT,PT etc shelf?
Here you go, as requested...(sorry for everyone else if these pics are considered off topic, hope folks don't mind). Just remember that HT are official partners with Sideshow, so some of the pieces displayed in SecretBase are SS ones

51284266057_a32728fd5f_b_d.jpg

51285184328_505792e432_b_d.jpg

51285012751_dc616bcab2_b_d.jpg

51285734319_18260c427d_b_d.jpg

51285183903_05fbdc422e_b_d.jpg

The head sculpt definitely looks better in person. Possibly more-so than any HT sculpt I've owned. It still looks off though. Something in the nose/eyes/brow. Not sure that I'll hold on to her long term.

Did anyone get Rey with plastic wrapping around the neck and shoulders but under the tunic, making it a bastard to remove, and a rather loose fit for the straight yellow lightsabre blade?

Here you go, as requested...(sorry for everyone else if these pics are considered off topic, hope folks don't mind). Just remember that HT are official partners with Sideshow, so some of the pieces displayed in SecretBase are SS ones

51284266057_a32728fd5f_b_d.jpg

51285184328_505792e432_b_d.jpg

51285012751_dc616bcab2_b_d.jpg

51285734319_18260c427d_b_d.jpg

51285183903_05fbdc422e_b_d.jpg
Thankyou!!!
Much appreciated.

Did anyone get Rey with plastic wrapping around the neck and shoulders but under the tunic, making it a bastard to remove, and a rather loose fit for the straight yellow lightsabre blade?
Yes and did you try to turn or rotate the yellow blade until it locks into place on the hilt? because all the hilts need this..especially Leia’s hilt

Yes and did you try to turn or rotate the yellow blade until it locks into place on the hilt? because all the hilts need this..especially Leia’s hilt

No didn’t try that, but the effect blade seemed pretty solid when I tried it.

If you had the plastic wrapping issue, were you able to get it out?

No didn’t try that, but the effect blade seemed pretty solid when I tried it.

If you had the plastic wrapping issue, were you able to get it out?
Yes but it was a pain..if you want to attempt ..use small fabric scissors if you got them..cut the tissue from the neck down a piece and gently snip the tissue down slowly until you reach her chest area..then gently pull or tug the tissue out..the reason I say this is as an attempt is because the tissue is there for two options I discovered

1. to protect the chest from staining ( not that it matters ..since she wears a shirt underneath the wraps)

2. This I think is a key factor. The tissue adds balance to the curves of her TrueType body. yes it is the scar BW body but it is covered by the thick shirt underneath. The bulky style of the shirt creates a sagging look to the sides of her frame ..if you study photos Daisy’s curvature very petite curves as Rey because of her boyish chest . I think what the tissue does is compact the chest a little ( because it’s obviously the wrong chest size ) so the shirt is more tight around her sides and more screen accurate IMO .

My advice is to have the best of both worlds . Keep the tissue around her chest because it wraps around all the way to the mid to bottom part of her back but remove the tissue around the neck only.

To do this ..use the technique I suggested of snipping away the tissue from the neck but stop short when you reach the top of her cleavage right where the v neck begins on the shirt . Yes underneath the tissue will look odd but the shirt will cover it . If pieces of the tissue stick out of her chest because it is cut halfway..just gently push the excess into under her shirt or snip it away.

as for the saber. Try turning the blades clockwise into the hilts gently of course until you feel it not budge anymore .. should be good to go.

Last edited:
Quick phone pic of quick posing. Will likely change it up.

Attachments

• F1A429E1-0763-482D-9008-B810DFD53FC8.jpeg
    F1A429E1-0763-482D-9008-B810DFD53FC8.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 70
Yes but it was a pain..if you want to attempt ..use small fabric scissors if you got them..cut the tissue from the neck down a piece and gently snip the tissue down slowly until you reach her chest area..then gently pull or tug the tissue out..the reason I say this is as an attempt is because the tissue is there for two options I discovered

1. to protect the chest from staining ( not that it matters ..since she wears a shirt underneath the wraps)

2. This I think is a key factor. The tissue adds balance to the curves of her TrueType body. yes it is the scar BW body but it is covered by the thick shirt underneath. The bulky style of the shirt creates a sagging look to the sides of her frame ..if you study photos Daisy’s curvature very petite curves as Rey because of her boyish chest . I think what the tissue does is compact the chest a little ( because it’s obviously the wrong chest size ) so the shirt is more tight around her sides and more screen accurate IMO .

My advice is to have the best of both worlds . Keep the tissue around her chest because it wraps around all the way to the mid to bottom part of her back but remove the tissue around the neck only.

To do this ..use the technique I suggested of snipping away the tissue from the neck but stop short when you reach the top of her cleavage right where the v neck begins on the shirt . Yes underneath the tissue will look odd but the shirt will cover it . If pieces of the tissue stick out of her chest because it is cut halfway..just gently push the excess into under her shirt or snip it away.

as for the saber. Try turning the blades clockwise into the hilts gently of course until you feel it not budge anymore .. should be good to go.

Heh, that’s pretty much what I did when I got her. I cut off what I could and pushed what I couldn’t remove down out of sight.

Still got a loose lightsaber blade though. May try wrapping the connecting peg in tape or putting some Future floor polish on it.

Back