1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks nothing like Daisy Ridley, I put it straight back in the box and will likely either sell it or return it.

It's bizarre, but it looks like Daisy to me. Pareidolia is a strange thing and it just means that when you see it and someone else doesn't, your facial schema aren't in tune.
It's a pity you don't like it. It's a beautiful sculpt.
Where did you get yours?

It's bizarre, but it looks like Daisy to me. Pareidolia is a strange thing and it just means that when you see it and someone else doesn't, your facial schema aren't in tune.
It's a pity you don't like it. It's a beautiful sculpt.
Where did you get yours?
On a technical level its good, on an accuracy level it just isn't there for me, which is a shame because I'm a bit fan of the costume design.
Got it from Sideshow, so thinking of just sending it back.

On a technical level its good, on an accuracy level it just isn't there for me, which is a shame because I'm a bit fan of the costume design.
Got it from Sideshow, so thinking of just sending it back.
You can’t find someone locally that will want to buy it? Put it up on one of the UK Facebook groups. Someone will gobble it up.

Mine arrived a few weeks ago, and I finally took the time to move my collection around to properly display her. I think she looks great.

Attachments

• 33011639-779F-449C-AA01-0DD61C18E391.jpeg
    33011639-779F-449C-AA01-0DD61C18E391.jpeg
    180.2 KB · Views: 137
I got her in earlier this past week, and I'm pretty happy with her. Just concerned about the longevity of the arms, and I'm annoyed that they didn't improve on the boots in the 5 years since TFA.

I just tried to order her with the $25 I received (from a previous order) and it's not letting me apply the code. But there are plenty of other pre-orders that are eligible, including newer Mando pre-order stuff.

The coupon doesn't expire til August 2, so I'll wait til then and see if she's eligible then.

I just tried to order her with the $25 I received (from a previous order) and it's not letting me apply the code. But there are plenty of other pre-orders that are eligible, including newer Mando pre-order stuff.

The coupon doesn't expire til August 2, so I'll wait til then and see if she's eligible then.
That’s strange. I used a $25 on this. Maybe it’s no longer on there since they’re coming in stock. Or it’s just a screw up. That’s happened several times where something is on there one day and eligible and then gone the next.

still waiting on mine. I haven’t even unboxed my Kylo yet because I want to set them both up together

That’s strange. I used a $25 on this. Maybe it’s no longer on there since they’re coming in stock. Or it’s just a screw up. That’s happened several times where something is on there one day and eligible and then gone the next.

still waiting on mine. I haven’t even unboxed my Kylo yet because I want to set them both up together
Yes, I did read that here somewhere. I'm hoping sometime before the coupon expires she will be eligible again.

How long ago did you place your order for Rey?

Mine arrived a few weeks ago, and I finally took the time to move my collection around to properly display her. I think she looks great.
I think that pic captures the excellence of the head sculpt/paint better than any other that I’ve seen. Bravo.

I just got my Rey and D.O. In the mail today. My first Hot Toys! I nearly pulled the trigger on TLJ Rey a couple years back but I contented myself with many (MANY) Rey action figures instead.
But I really love Rey and after almost purchasing the Artfx statue of her ROS look, I what-the-hell’d it and punched the Hot Toys button instead.
I’m definitely not disappointed. It’s only been a relatively few minutes, but I really think this figure is excellent. It does Daisy proud, imo. My only angst is imagining how to keep her robes immaculate for all times.
Anyway, yay Rey!

[Edit: to add a few quick shots sans set dressing, and in fact with household detritus as backdrop.]

Last edited:
I think that pic captures the excellence of the head sculpt/paint better than any other that I’ve seen. Bravo.

I just got my Rey and D.O. In the mail today. My first Hot Toys! I nearly pulled the trigger on TLJ Rey a couple years back but I contented myself with many (MANY) Rey action figures instead.
But I really love Rey and after almost purchasing the Artfx statue of her ROS look, I what-the-hell’d it and punched the Hot Toys button instead.
I’m definitely not disappointed. It’s only been a relatively few minutes, but I really think this figure is excellent. It does Daisy proud, imo. My only angst is imagining how to keep her robes immaculate for all times.
Anyway, yay Rey!

[Edit: to add a few quick shots sans set dressing, and in fact with household detritus as backdrop.]

Thanks for the kind words! Your Rey looks great as well. Like you, I’m a big fan of the character, and I managed to get every version of her that Hot Toys made. I even got an extra TFA Rey to pose with the Speeder I pre-ordered from Jazz Inc. I also got the Artfx statue, but unfortunately, I don’t have any room to display it. I’m debating whether or not to keep it.

Back