1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. The new Rey looks taller than the TFA Rey. I believe Daisy is 5’7 and Adam Driver is 6’2, but yeah, that definitely looks like a bigger size difference than that. Although I’m sure his boots add a bit too so that would probably make Kylo about 8 or so inches taller than Rey. Interested to see her next to TROS Kylo. Where did you get your Rey from?

I got mine from a Chinese dealer on eBay (wzlucky).

And It looks like I was wrong about the heights being inaccurate. ROS Rey and TLJ Kylo are pretty accurately scaled to Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver’s heights (TFA Rey is about 1cm too short, and I need to check TFA Kylo). I’d been looking at pics where Daisy Ridley looked to be about half a head shorter than Adam Driver, while the HT figure is no taller than his shoulder, but it suddenly occurred to me today that it’s because these are publicity photos where she’s wearing high heels! 😳
I’ve also found a behind the scenes photo which shows that the HT figure heights are almost exact.
B331B4A4-E240-4957-9F13-C09C1E9E85DE.png

As for the actual figure, it’s definitely growing on me. I wasn’t sure at first, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. Less short and stocky than TFA Rey, and doesn’t have the startled deer expression either. Will have to try her with the accessories tomorrow

Did anyone else get her with a piece of plastic wrap around the neck/shoulders but under the tunic. Cut some of it away, but can’t see how to get rid of the rest without removing the tunic

Mine came in about a week ago! Haven’t been able to upload since I was having problems with the tapatalk app. But it’s an incredible figure!! Definitely worth the wait

Attachments

• DDB22F9F-7260-4E24-913C-85EA245156D9.jpeg
    DDB22F9F-7260-4E24-913C-85EA245156D9.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 492612C4-2447-4FC0-8D1F-EDCC092E7CA6.jpeg
    492612C4-2447-4FC0-8D1F-EDCC092E7CA6.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 84
  • A99E4C17-DF28-4DDC-8DB7-CC14AA60676E.jpeg
    A99E4C17-DF28-4DDC-8DB7-CC14AA60676E.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 3E6C6DC8-0323-478C-B129-144D7E37C022.jpeg
    3E6C6DC8-0323-478C-B129-144D7E37C022.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 614975EA-5357-4EFB-982B-5BB68AD3364F.jpeg
    614975EA-5357-4EFB-982B-5BB68AD3364F.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 84
I got mine today. Also got a TLJ Kylo recently so I’m deciding what combination to keep (only want one pair). And I’m still irritated by the height difference between Rey and Kylo. Either she’s undersized or he’s oversized! View attachment 528969
I removed the ankle extenders on my TLJ Kylo and added extenders to TLJ Jedi Training Rey and they look tons better when posed together now. I highly recommend it.

I removed the ankle extenders on my TLJ Kylo and added extenders to TLJ Jedi Training Rey and they look tons better when posed together now. I highly recommend it.
Are you able to share that with some pics? Won't the leg will look disproportional (longer thigh but shorter bottom leg)?

I got mine today. Also got a TLJ Kylo recently so I’m deciding what combination to keep (only want one pair). And I’m still irritated by the height difference between Rey and Kylo. Either she’s undersized or he’s oversized! View attachment 528969
Thanks to everyone for such great photos!

Wonderpants' photo, however, really shows how much of an improvement this new Rey is! It's a casual shot, but illustrates how great the sculpt and overall figure is. Or really, shows how frumpy the original was!

Preparing to ship. :yess: If she actually does ship today, this will be the most figures I have received in one week (Kylo, Gandalf, and Rey/DO)

I almost wish HT did a TFA Rey and Kylo 2.0. The originals are just not up to par with HT quality.

I almost wish HT did a TFA Rey and Kylo 2.0. The originals are just not up to par with HT quality.
Howard Chan: "I think lots of fans are disappointed with the sequels. Even me I don’t have any desire to revisit them anytime soon. The sales were awful."

I think we've seen the last of the ST figures at this point; a quiet end with Kylo Ren and Rey selling out, leaving the Jet Trooper variants to sit around warehouses for quite a while.

I'm not surprised sales were awful considering they made a bunch of different stormtroopers with one unique accessory, instead of main characters like Poe Dameron, and also downgrading the Finn head sculpt.

Yeah after I demonstrated how a better hs would’ve put TFA version over the top..it’s a shame we won’t get it

I’m tempted to see if I can get a ROS Rey headsculpt and body to upgrade the TFA with. I prefer the TFA outfit but the TFA body does now look a bit short and wide, and of course the ROS head on the TFA body makes the neck too long

I would actually really enjoy that. More so if it was a two pack deluxe set that came with a wounded Kylo HS like that one custom that looks stunning. Maybe some sort of Starkiller base with a bit of environmental stuff. THAT I would buy immediately personally. And I know a lot of people want Poe, and I understand why obviously, but if they did a rey/Kylo 2.0 and a Sidious, they could then put the ST in a vault forever for all I care.
Although, after seeing someone post Rey in Snoke’s Throne Room it really put a desire for a Snoke on Throne too 😂 but that’s it. I swear.

Back