1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In hand she looks great

Get it..hand..see below lol

But seriously a nice solid release from HT

The upper seamless arms could use a tad bit more muscle definition but that’s about it.

Oh and that open hand lol

Agreed. The arms need a little bit more definition. And hands. They should be replaced with proper hands from other figures. So, let the search begin.

I?m ok with seamless arms but special attention needs to be given to muscle tone and musculature lines because if not they will look like rubber straws made even more pronounced on female action figures because their arms already are thin and slim to begin with.

I?m not saying Rey?s arms need to look like a Zach Snyder Amazonian women but Rey unfortunately has that straw look to her arms although if the light catches it just right you can see a slight bicep bump and definition.

Still though a great release by HT just becareful with that thin white robe material hanging around her costume if you catch that anywhere it will easily shred.

I don't know what people are looking at, keep telling yourselves this is good but...

The TFA still looks most like Ridley by far(best outfit too), this still looks like a manish elf. Urine soaked outfit. Odd seamless arms that crinkle when bent and clown hands. I suppose you have to like it because HT likely only included all the extra stuff on account they are never making another one.

Meh while you are not 100% wrong like most figures at certain angles it looks great plus overall package needs to be taken into consideration when making a purchasing decision.

D9B65BF2-E200-4419-8D13-08D65A7BC443.jpeg
3F11695F-947C-48AB-8844-6BC1FBEC82A3.jpeg

Remember Turd even when you buy a HT OT figure your money still goes to Kathleen Kennedy and then she takes that story group black lady out to lunch with your money lol

Its in the eye of the beholder... that image you commented under, to me, has a better likeness in the new sculpt. But when we look at the same image, we all see it differently when we process it.

I don't know what people are looking at, keep telling yourselves this is good but...

The TFA still looks most like Ridley by far(best outfit too), this still looks like a manish elf. Urine soaked outfit. Odd seamless arms that crinkle when bent and clown hands. I suppose you have to like it because HT likely only included all the extra stuff on account they are never making another one.

I don't see the likeness in the TFA sculpt. Not a bit, to be honest. Your comparison picture even made it more obvious FOR ME.

The accessories are only bonus for me. I decided to pre-order even mainly because of that headsculpt.

Sometimes I am really amazed how tastes can differ so much...

I don't see the likeness in the TFA sculpt. Not a bit, to be honest. Your comparison picture even made it more obvious FOR ME.

The accessories are only bonus for me. I decided to pre-order even mainly because of that headsculpt.

Sometimes I am really amazed how tastes can differ so much...

I'm not saying the TFA sculpt is great by any means. I just saying it's better than the terrible new one.

I can objectively say that the ST movies and characters are awful while still saying the new Kylo Ren figure is very good. But this Rey is terrible.

Just last night I got a figure of a character I really like(Endgame Cap) and I can objectively say that it isn't a very good figure. As opposed to all the rationalizing and bargaining that makes up most of this thread.

Wow you are not happy with EG Cap sorry to hear that

He just isn't very well done overall. Which is about what I figured from all the pics and reviews. He will still display well with BD 85 and Thanos but it's a shame HT couldn't perfect an important character like final Endgame Cap after several previous attempts. I would have canceled him if he wasn't part of the trio I mentioned.

I'm not saying the TFA sculpt is great by any means. I just saying it's better than the terrible new one.

I can objectively say that the ST movies and characters are awful while still saying the new Kylo Ren figure is very good. But this Rey is terrible.

Just last night I got a figure of a character I really like(Endgame Cap) and I can objectively say that it isn't a very good figure. As opposed to all the rationalizing and bargaining that makes up most of this thread.

Cheap material => fact
Star too small => fact
Baggy clothes => fact
Likeness => subjective perception

No one is rationalizing and bargaining. It's just their opinions.

Do you think SSC will begin shipping this in 2 months (Looking at IG-11 and The Mando, I guess not)? If it's not possible for them to ship before 3 months, then 3 payments will be the better option.

Do you think SSC will begin shipping this in 2 months (Looking at IG-11 and The Mando, I guess not)? If it's not possible for them to ship before 3 months, then 3 payments will be the better option.

With the payment plan can you pay the full amount at anytime or do you have to stick with the plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but they say that when you modify the payment, you pushed to the back of the row. So, I prefer to stick with the plan.

He just isn't very well done overall. Which is about what I figured from all the pics and reviews. He will still display well with BD 85 and Thanos but it's a shame HT couldn't perfect an important character like final Endgame Cap after several previous attempts. I would have canceled him if he wasn't part of the trio I mentioned.

I agree with you on Cap and I actually think this Rey came out as much better collectible representation of the character than Cap did.

Look ..everyone is entitled to their opinion..so if this is not their cup of tea , it?s fine if they pass

But I still stand by mine..this is by far ( and this is comparing all the Rey figures I own ..including Hasbro, Mafex and Bandai Figuarts ) the best Rey I purchased and the closest to capturing Daisy as Rey in action figure form and I thought the Figuarts was impressive.

It?s really a shame that it misses something when it is in a photo :lecture

Did some more futzing ..lifting the collar and flattening out the hood more , smoothing out her sash more so her bust doesn?t stick out as much ( still don?t know why they are using the big bust BW TT chest ) because Daisy has a chest of a 10 year old :dunno

Is it perfect?absolutely not..there are problems like no ankle or foot articulation, the satchel clip is way too low , the collar should be a tad higher because I feel seeing the proto pics on the box the collar looks perfect. And the in hood I wished it was a bit thicker and more greyish, Leia?s saber needed a regular blade ( you can fit the other detached blades in the hilt, but it doesn?t sit properly so it can easily fall off if you just shake it, I?d rather they have a BB-8 because I thought D-lo was a waste and I still think it?s a waste of an accessory for this Rey..., the weathering could be a lot better but not a deal breaker on any counts for this figure .but those a few gripes .

Trust me the positives of this version clearly out weigh the negatives

Overall if you collect Rey figures. This version is must have IMO :lecture

Last edited:
Judging by Justin and Jedha's videos, I think the sculpt clearly works best when it's lit from above or is partially in shadow (which is thankfully how I light most of my collection). It's only when lit directly from the front that it starts to look a bit weird and elfish to me.

Look ..everyone is entitled to their opinion..so if this is not their cup of tea , it?s fine if they pass

But I still stand by mine..this is by far ( and this is comparing all the Rey figures I own ..including Hasbro, Mafex and Bandai Figuarts ) the best Rey I purchased and the closest to capturing Daisy as Rey in action figure form and I thought the Figuarts was impressive.

It?s really a shame that it misses something when it is in a photo :lecture

Is it perfect?absolutely not..there are problems like no ankle or foot articulation, the satchel clip is way too low , the collar should be a tad higher because I feel seeing the proto pics on the box the collar looks perfect. And the in hood I wished it was a bit thicker and more greyish, Leia?s saber needed a regular blade ( you can fit the other detached blades in the hilt, but it doesn?t sit properly so it can easily fall off if you just shake it?.but those a few gripes .

Trust me the positives of this version clearly out weigh the negatives

Overall if you collect Rey figures. This version is must have IMO :lecture

The collar height seems correct when compared relative to chin. It's the thick material and the upside fold of the hood which make it appear as short. The movie shots show that hood follows the body contour like a scarf.

I also think that the collar had the originality in the movie, but not on the figure.

Guyver have you tried swapping the heads with TFA, how does that look ?

It’s not too bad..but it looks better on the ROS body. I didn’t realize how the arm wraps really bothered me on TFA until I saw the newly designed wrist wraps for this ROS . Now I’m hooked how the texture of the new wrist wraps :lecture

Last edited:
Back