1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:duff thanks for that, QuiGon. Looks different enough that they probably started from scratch and just landed on a somewhat similar intense expression. I think I'll get this new sculpt to test out.

Re: Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Rey & D-O

Not sure I see what everyone else sees as far as this sculpt being incredible in person lol.

To me, it actually looks a bit small and less like Daisy than the TFA sculpt. The hair is barely off her skin which makes the ears seem extra elfy, and the head seems a tad undersized IMO. Not seeing what others see as far as it looking like Daisy. I personally think the other two look a little closer.

I'll probably pick the figure up and just swap the head out if it really bugs me. Probably one of the only figures we'll get with a yellow saber for awhile. Really like the white outfit, hopefully the weathering looks a bit less...sideshow-esque in person lol

Seeing the head comparison, I think the new sculpt definitely has the TFA one beat in terms of the expression, but I think that first sculpt still captures the basic shape of her face better, with it's more delicate features, smaller nose, and ears that don't stick out too much.

Naa... TFA doesn?t hold a candle to this. The original almost looks like a caricature. Not nearly the detail in the sculpt or especially the paint apps, IMHO.

D6ECF949-2167-40D2-987A-39E26F848C98.jpeg

Naa... TFA doesn?t hold a candle to this. The original almost looks like a caricature. Not nearly the detail in the sculpt or especially the paint apps, IMHO.

View attachment 513196

The face structure of TFA Rey is good, the ROS version seems off , like I mentioned before the cheekbone is bit monstrous.

But yeah the details of the eyes and skin ROS version is better.

I don?t know ..it must be an in hand vibe that people fell in love with TLJ head..imo it looks too weird in photos and videos :dunno

I don?t know if it?s her hair sculpted in TLJ version..but just looking at video and pictures ..It looks the least like Daisy as Rey ..but that?s just my view on it. Maybe if I had TLJ Rey I would think differently but I’m not paying aftermarket prices for that version :dunno

Ordered this a couple of days before they revealed the new HS. Tho not a wow factor like Kylo, still happy with the change of the HS on Rey. Additional lightsaber is the icing on the cake.

Got a 25USD coupon. Wondering where to spend (Possible nominates: Shoretrooper grunt, Dark trooper, Ashoka). I think I'll go with this. There will be time to think on others.

Got a 25USD coupon. Wondering where to spend (Possible nominates: Shoretrooper grunt, Dark trooper, Ashoka). I think I'll go with this. There will be time to think on others.

Had a $25 coupon as well and put some RP on this. Smart choice since this will be out soon. Hopefully.

This isn't going to be around long is it. I'm guessing they made about 12.

Wish they would hurry up and release Golden Armor WW because I can only get one. This wasn't even on my radar until I saw the videos and even though I don't accept the ST as official cannon, they are pretty fun in a other world kind of way. Like someone said before earlier in the thread they are like pizza.

Basically I'm juggling 2 figures from craptastic films. Feels like Suicide Squad all over again - but not necessarily that bad.

But yeah if you are a fan of the ST this figure is a no brainer really. It's a fantastic package at a now "old school" price.

The face structure of TFA Rey is good, the ROS version seems off , like I mentioned before the cheekbone is bit monstrous.

But yeah the details of the eyes and skin ROS version is better.

I remember you that 4 years passed between TFA and TROS and Daisy Ridley is an human, and humans change over time, so does the sculpt. It's not fair comparing.

I remember you that 4 years passed between TFA and TROS and Daisy Ridley is an human, and humans change over time, so does the sculpt. It's not fair comparing.

What I'm saying is if the cheek bone of ROS is less wide, the sculpt will look tad more feminine and maybe look bit more like Daisy.

Also we are talking about sculpt comparison here not the real Daisy Ridley.

@Jedha Patrol yeah just saw it and liked it.

Great review again.

Those shots with Kylo and Rey together are really freakin' awesome.

Now it's a definite buy for me!

I don?t know why everyone was going on about how big the nose is. It?s the same size as the TLJ sculpt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Selfie distortion phenomena lol.

Back