1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Vice Admiral Holdo - SPECULATION

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point this thread is pure clickbait. There is no way this figure ever gets made.

No way I would order this figure. i would hate to have a female figure on my shelf that I knew would look down upon me because I'm a man and always judging me. :lol

But what would a detolf shelf look like with HT Holdo, Tico, and Jar Jar on it? Would Jazz Inc. make a backdrop for that? What would it be?

I liked Laura Dern in October Sky and Twin Peaks, but Admiral Holdo is a badly written character, no matter what.

No way I would order this figure. i would hate to have a female figure on my shelf that I knew would look down upon me because I'm a man and always judging me. :lol

Oh yeah. This forum is not at all interested in gender-baiting. Sure...

I thought her character served an interesting and unexpected purpose in the story. She was set up to be sort of a villain (or at least an obstacle). But then she was revealed to be a true proxy for General Leia, and she took action to preserve the Resistance in an impossible situation. I'm not sure I was a huge fan of all the ways this character played out. I thought her design was a bit distracting, but I get what they were going for. Laura Dern did a fine job, but I probably would have chosen a different actor. I think they were trying to evoke the diplomat class from the prequels (Mon Mothma, Padme, Bail Organa, etc.). But something about it was missing. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Anyway, I ended up liking her because of her epic sacrifice. But I'm unsure about whether or not I would pay over $200 for a Hot Toys version of her. I have limited shelf space, and we still have Episode XI coming.

So , if Leia did with Holdo had done, would it have served the story better?

She sends Holdo onto episode 9 to take her place?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

So , if Leia did with Holdo had done, would it have served the story better?

She sends Holdo onto episode 9 to take her place?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I'm not clear on what you are asking.

And a funny one too. :lol

Holdo gets a bad rap IMO. Laura Dern did a great job and her character had an awesome death. However like Mon Mothma before her she just doesn't have a "figure worthy" look.

I also never understood why she was a "Mon"... just like the Calamaris?

And like Madine was figure-worthy - with his fake beard and lecture pointer "weapon.":lol

Just let the past die... All of it, Rose Tico, Rose Tico’s existence, Rose Tico’s horrible agenda driven role, all of it.

We don’t need a Rose Tico.

Maybe you should take your own advice and stay away from this thread. But you just can’t resist, can you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back