1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker-CRAIT (Force Projection) -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 432052

Wonder if anyone will do customs of this sculpt for the crait figure. I'm not sure how customizing hair would be, but if you cut the back it could be similar to the hair he has in the film. The sculpt on this figure is way closer to Mark IMO. I'm kinda surprised they didn't just start with this sculpt and modify the hair/color for the crait sculpt.

Oh yea, totally looks much more like mark hamill in this pic. I have this one on preorder too. People have already used the force awakens luke to make a custom crait luke. Looks okay but not spot on. Luke did look super difference when he “trimmed” his hair and beard for crait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if the actor or Disney have to sign off on it, I'm sure the chances of an idealised somewhat younger cleaner skinned version has a higher chance of success than 1:1 reality. :lol

Vanity rules in the end ! :lol

Totally what I was thinking!! Haha what a shame that would be if it is true. An authentic accurate depiction would be sooo cool to have. He’s luke..he’s older...torn back by years of self doubt and protest...years of groveling gave him a grim disposition yet there’s a glimmer of hope rekindled in his eyes. Lets see it come to life in crait!

They got the part on the wrong side and looks like shirt should be black. Forehead is correct though.:monkey3

5a6a3c66cf84106d018b4891.png

I didn’t get this until now! Made me laugh out loud. Hahaha

This is suppose to be luke in the latest movie. I’m surprised you feel it’s the best likeness. Have you seen comparison photos? The facial proportions are pretty off.

fe5c53a75a0d7cc92c8a9e63cbebfcd8.jpg

I'm surprised that you use the promo pics with "tons of photoshop" instead the actual pics, where I can see Hamill on there.

42485528_2213766442187933_5870010662185714134_n.jpg

I wouldn't be too worried at this stage in regards to accuracy.

Just look at the difference between the prototype of Leia and the actual production headsculpt.

I am sure this will look great when it is released.

BTW, my main problem with this figure are the boots.

They're too "bulky", they were supposed to be like the Ach To boots:

MOVIE:
je0gazI.png

FIGURE:
star-wars-luke-skywalker-crait-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903743-03.jpg

Old Luke Hot Toys:
luke-skywalker-star-wars-the-last-jedi-hot-toy-revealed-3.jpg

Well, I went ahead and pre-ordered. And despite the talk about likeness, I'm okay with it, given it's an idealised Luke.

That, and I also collect ThreeZero's Game of Thrones figures... so what do I care about likeness?! ;)

I pre-ordered this also...hoping Hot Toys touch up the sculpt a bit...but even if they don't I am happy with it.

As others have said it works as an idealized representation of Luke.

I wouldn't be too worried at this stage in regards to accuracy.

Just look at the difference between the prototype of Leia and the actual production headsculpt.

I am sure this will look great when it is released.

Well, I went ahead and pre-ordered. And despite the talk about likeness, I'm okay with it, given it's an idealised Luke.

That, and I also collect ThreeZero's Game of Thrones figures... so what do I care about likeness?! ;)

:exactly: What they said. I'm sure it will turn out fine, although I really like it as is :)

(And I 100% agree with you Otter about the Game of Thrones figures!) :lol

I'm surprised that you use the promo pics with "tons of photoshop" instead the actual pics, where I can see Hamill on there.

Lol the promo pics aren’t very different though. You can see more wrinkles but they aren’t that right. I will load the comparison photos using the pictures you supplied a little later today and you’ll see what I mean.

Hahaha! Despite my talk about likeness being way off....I ordered it and may order a second for the same reason; the concept. It’s an idealized Luke and I am a massive geek. Doesn’t get much better than that! Lol

I pre-ordered this also...hoping Hot Toys touch up the sculpt a bit...but even if they don't I am happy with it.

As others have said it works as an idealized representation of Luke.

I think hot toys tends to shy away from taking any liberties in their design. Just bummed that we didn’t get something that looks like Luke when they very well could have done this. I’m sure there will be a sculpt that looks better I can find on eBay for 22 dollars or something so no complaints. Lol

07f6417f418ed121b67ab2fc8fd87883.jpg

I’m new to this collage app and I couldn’t find a way to make the picture you supplied the same in size as the other two comparisons. Though, I don’t think it’s necessary. You can see that the promo pics and the pics you supplied look pretty much exactly the same. Still looks nothing like Luke. Again I’m still buying it but I hope hot toys gives us a likeness. It looks more like a cousin or something.

Actors don't always fully understand their respective roles or characters, it happens quite often high concept genre films but rarely when a fellow geek like Mark Hamill is playing the part. But I honestly don't think that he ever really understood why Luke was on the island. Possibly because RJ never explained it properly to him, possibly because Mark was still married to unused ideas from George or JJ, who knows. The important thing is that Hamill didn't let his misunderstanding or misgivings prevent him from really selling what RJ wanted him to sell and turn in what is now his greatest performance of the Saga.

His gripes with the character have always been that he never saw Luke as someone who would "give up." But the genius of at least Luke's portion of the story is that the reason RJ actually had Luke remove himself from the fight was because his very presence was putting everyone at risk, or at least so he believed. RJ positioned it so that if Luke fought and destroyed Snoke and Kylo more Dark Side users would instantly "awaken" and take their places. Staying in the fight as far as Luke knew was literally perpetuating the problem so taking himself off the board was the only true way to handicap the rise of the Dark.

Going into hiding wasn't "giving up" on defeating Kylo Ren since it stopped the Dark from rising to meet him and instead paved the way for Light (Rey) to rise and meet the Dark. With Rey victorious, and no Jedi school, no books of knowledge to pass on to anyone else, the cycle could finally end with her and even if someone else did grow in Dark power to balance out with her it would be a much more muted power than that which would have countered Luke himself. A muted power that wouldn't be in jeopardy of throwing the galaxy into chaos again.

Was there any evidence that Luke’s plan (taking himself out of the fight, detaching himself from the force) worked in any way toward reducing the dark side, or had any basis in reality?

Was there any evidence that Luke’s plan (taking himself out of the fight, detaching himself from the force) worked in any way toward reducing the dark side, or had any basis in reality?

He was basing his decisions on the fall of Anakin and Ben Solo (and assumedly Dooku as well.) In his mind what had been good for a thousand generations (the Jedi Order) was irreparably broken since in the last 50 years the Jedi couldn't stop Dooku from turning the Separatists against the Republic, Vader from helping Palpatine create the Empire, or Ben Solo from helping Snoke create the First Order. Luke and Snoke both talk openly of balance with Rey herself being an example of one "Side" of the Force taking dramatic action to even things out.

Luke obviously thought that he was incapable of getting the Jedi back to it's former glory and with him being the last Jedi he decided that since the Force doesn't belong to him it would be better for a more qualified non-Jedi Force user to succeed where his mighty Skywalker blood had failed. He was wrong of course, the dots that he was connecting were wrong, but that was part of the message of the film, that failure is a possibility no matter where you're at in life and no matter how successful you are but that it's still up to you to pick yourself up and carry on, which he ultimately did.

He was basing his decisions on the fall of Anakin and Ben Solo (and assumedly Dooku as well.) In his mind what had been good for a thousand generations (the Jedi Order) was irreparably broken since in the last 50 years the Jedi couldn't stop Dooku from turning the Separatists against the Republic, Vader from helping Palpatine create the Empire, or Ben Solo from helping Snoke create the First Order. Luke and Snoke both talk openly of balance with Rey herself being an example of one "Side" of the Force taking dramatic action to even things out.

Luke obviously thought that he was incapable of getting the Jedi back to it's former glory and with him being the last Jedi he decided that since the Force doesn't belong to him it would be better for a more qualified non-Jedi Force user to succeed where his mighty Skywalker blood had failed. He was wrong of course, the dots that he was connecting were wrong, but that was part of the message of the film, that failure is a possibility no matter where you're at in life and no matter how successful you are but that it's still up to you to pick yourself up and carry on, which he ultimately did.

You forgot the part about if you're over 50 and you're in a film, that you really need to just die, preferably in sacrifice for young people. Because, you know - god forbid - an older person could actually bring something good to the world, and continue to doing so.

I mean Hamill is in his mid 60's - everyone knows that a Jedi who's that incredibly elderly needs to die, just like in the real world. You really don't see many people in their 60's who are active in society, especially today, let alone healthy.

But let's face it - the audience for the ST is pretty much all young kids and teens, and older fans probably only comprise about 5% or something, just like on Freaks forum, and so it makes sense you'd need to have young heroes and kill off the classic characters.

So over-50 or whatever means death, but it's a movie, so you at least give them a "he looked pretty good in the end - for an old person" death - like with dyed hair, gauze glamor close-ups or whatever.

:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

I don't think JJ had any specific ideas about why Luke was there beyond what was presented in TFA (That his temple was destroyed, he blamed himself, and ran away). Similarly, he didn't really have a solid plans for Rey's parents other than her being "a random girl who knows about the legends of Luke Skywalker". He talked about that in 2013-2014 when that's what got him into the project. The idea of a nobody/random person hearing legends about Luke and wondering who they were, etc..

IMO it just kind of furthers JJ's mystery box obsession. It kinda seems like Rey's flashback and stuff in TFA was just to start people going "what's going on?" when he didn't really have an answer for why those things happened. Same thing with Snoke, and same thing with Luke being on the island. I feel like a lot of exposition that should have been in the first movie (if it were going to be in the trilogy at all), was ignored in favor of the mystery box and it forced 8/9 into a catch 22.

The most obvious thing with 8 is that it needed to come up with why Luke would give up and peace out for 6 years, letting everyone die and all that jazz. I remember after TFA wondering why Luke would stay there when he knew Han was killed, the Resistance was getting ****ed up, etc - but also we all wanted to know what happened next, primarily because it seemed like it was cut-off mid scene. This resulted in RJ (or anyone that would have done 8) needing to pick up at that moment.

Something I had considered for a long while after TFA came out was that I wished there was a scene of them talking, etc. and maybe he starts training her at the end. But again, that wouldn't even be consistent with TFA itself. It would have basically been like "Hey, Luke basically quit and ran away left all this stuff behind.....but this random girl just showed up so he's gonna train her now within 5 min". JJ wrote Luke into a hole in general. Like, I would have loved for them to have some kind of talk at the end of TFA and the last shot to be them training during the sunset or something like that - but it wouldn't be consistent with the prior 2 hours of the movie. So 8 was kinda boned no matter what in that regard. It had to spend time on why Luke was there, and have development for him on the island to give us a reason why he would change his behavior after being on the island (whether it meant leaving the island or whatever).

I think it's possible Luke could have not died at the end of TLJ (which I would have preferred), but otherwise I don't see how his character being written completely differently in VIII and just being like "hey Rey you found me lets go train and kick ass" would be consistent with him in TFA at all.

And regarding Snoke and Rey's parents, after TLJ it seems like in 8/9 it'd just be exposition that takes up time and doesn't play a part in the story. It should have been part of TFA if anything where they were still setting things up. I really hope they don't do anything with it in 9 at this point.

I have some problems with TLJ, and some of them are just with that movie (Canto Bight could've been simpler and more fun that it was. Would've preferred the plot to just be breaking DJ out of jail and make him the codebreaker instead of the way it was. Scrap the fathier escape. Have them need to break in, break DJ out, steal the ship. The scenes on the ship about war profiteering were fine.) - but the majority of issues I see people blame TLJ for are the fault of TFA I think.

I don't think JJ had any specific ideas about why Luke was there beyond what was presented in TFA (That his temple was destroyed, he blamed himself, and ran away). Similarly, he didn't really have a solid plans for Rey's parents other than her being "a random girl who knows about the legends of Luke Skywalker". He talked about that in 2013-2014 when that's what got him into the project. The idea of a nobody/random person hearing legends about Luke and wondering who they were, etc..

IMO it just kind of furthers JJ's mystery box obsession. It kinda seems like Rey's flashback and stuff in TFA was just to start people going "what's going on?" when he didn't really have an answer for why those things happened. Same thing with Snoke, and same thing with Luke being on the island. I feel like a lot of exposition that should have been in the first movie (if it were going to be in the trilogy at all), was ignored in favor of the mystery box and it forced 8/9 into a catch 22.

The most obvious thing with 8 is that it needed to come up with why Luke would give up and peace out for 6 years, letting everyone die and all that jazz. I remember after TFA wondering why Luke would stay there when he knew Han was killed, the Resistance was getting ****ed up, etc - but also we all wanted to know what happened next, primarily because it seemed like it was cut-off mid scene. This resulted in RJ (or anyone that would have done 8) needing to pick up at that moment.

Something I had considered for a long while after TFA came out was that I wished there was a scene of them talking, etc. and maybe he starts training her at the end. But again, that wouldn't even be consistent with TFA itself. It would have basically been like "Hey, Luke basically quit and ran away left all this stuff behind.....but this random girl just showed up so he's gonna train her now within 5 min". JJ wrote Luke into a hole in general. Like, I would have loved for them to have some kind of talk at the end of TFA and the last shot to be them training during the sunset or something like that - but it wouldn't be consistent with the prior 2 hours of the movie. So 8 was kinda boned no matter what in that regard. It had to spend time on why Luke was there, and have development for him on the island to give us a reason why he would change his behavior after being on the island (whether it meant leaving the island or whatever).

I think it's possible Luke could have not died at the end of TLJ (which I would have preferred), but otherwise I don't see how his character being written completely differently in VIII and just being like "hey Rey you found me lets go train and kick ass" would be consistent with him in TFA at all.

And regarding Snoke and Rey's parents, after TLJ it seems like in 8/9 it'd just be exposition that takes up time and doesn't play a part in the story. It should have been part of TFA if anything where they were still setting things up. I really hope they don't do anything with it in 9 at this point.

I have some problems with TLJ, and some of them are just with that movie (Canto Bight could've been simpler and more fun that it was. Would've preferred the plot to just be breaking DJ out of jail and make him the codebreaker instead of the way it was. Scrap the fathier escape. Have them need to break in, break DJ out, steal the ship. The scenes on the ship about war profiteering were fine.) - but the majority of issues I see people blame TLJ for are the fault of TFA I think.
Honestly The Last Jedi is my favourite film, I find it near perfect. It’s better than Empire, not liking it is fine if people are respectful about it. But honestly the endles bashing and insane toxic salters are just getting so so exhausting. I don’t see why some feel the need to constantly yell at anyone who likes a movie that they didn’t. If you don’t like it, then fine but please let it go and stop complaining to everyone every second and bashing the cast and crew endlessly. I don’t direct this at you, just in general

Back