1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Luke Skywalker-CRAIT (Force Projection) -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope the change up the head sculpt for the final release. Make the characters look old, it’s who they are now HT!!!

Different HS?? At least hair and bear...

LRwOJ02.png

Looks same but lousy shot

Rian’s writing was really head scratching wasn’t it.

Why would he make Kylo look like a idiot not figuring out that there was something odd why Luke would have the saber on Crait when Ben saw the saber shatter in front of himself and Rey.

I'd agree, but just to play devil's advocate, when you're in a blind fit of rage and only focused on one thing, you'd be surprised how many obvious details you'll miss. Plus, he could have perhaps thought that Luke easily constructed another saber for whatever reason.

Rian’s writing was really head scratching wasn’t it.

Why would he make Kylo look like a idiot not figuring out that there was something odd why Luke would have the saber on Crait when Ben saw the saber shatter in front of himself and Rey.

I'm sure he thought it was odd just like everyone in the audience but none of us guessed that it's because Luke wasn't really there and neither did Kylo.

It’s already been discussed here that Rian Johnson has said something about Kylo not actually seeing the saber shatter. There was a flash of light, and Kylo was knocked unconscious. Rey was knocked down too, but got up first, taking the broken saber with her before Kylo awoke. He wakes up thinking Rey took his grandfather’s saber. When he sees Luke with it, he’s even more enraged, believing that Rey gave it to Luke.

It’s already been discussed here that Rian Johnson has said something about Kylo not actually seeing the saber shatter. There was a flash of light, and Kylo was knocked unconscious. Rey was knocked down too, but got up first, taking the broken saber with her before Kylo awoke. He wakes up thinking Rey took his grandfather’s saber. When he sees Luke with it, he’s even more enraged, believing that Rey gave it to Luke.

Yup. Amazing what you can see when you pay attention.

Correct.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Honestly at that point I don't think Kylo really cared one way or another about the lightsaber. His attention and anger were clearly much more focused on Luke himself.

Yeah, what do people think would have been a more natural response for Kylo? To make a "T" with his hands and shout "Time out! Time out! Before we proceed with fighting to the death would you mind explaining just how the HELL you have your blue lightsaber again? That's going to bug me during our entire duel if you don't spill the beans right now."

For what it's worth (I agree there's other explanations for Kylo's Crait saber oversight) he actually does see it, despite the fact that the blast happens in much the same moment.

He's obsessively focused on the saber tug-of-war and the scene cuts from the saber splitting in two to a close up of Kylo looking at it, albeit with the rising light on his face from the beginnings of the explosion. And yes, he's blown by the explosion an instant later, but he clearly must see the saber split.

In a situation like that, you wouldn't notice the light or explosion until it blew you off your feet because you are 110% absorbed by getting that saber and Kylo's eyes are locked on it. Had they not cut to the close up of Kylo right after the saber splits I'd maybe agree he might not have seen it, but that's not how it plays.

For what it's worth (I agree there's other explanations for Kylo's Crait saber oversight) he actually does see it, despite the fact that the blast happens in much the same moment.

He's obsessively focused on the saber tug-of-war and the scene cuts from the saber splitting in two to a close up of Kylo looking at it, albeit with the rising light on his face from the beginnings of the explosion. And yes, he's blown by the explosion an instant later, but he clearly must see the saber split.

In a situation like that, you wouldn't notice the light or explosion until it blew you off your feet because you are 110% absorbed by getting that saber and Kylo's eyes are locked on it. Had they not cut to the close up of Kylo right after the saber splits I'd maybe agree he might not have seen it, but that's not how it plays.

Yep, Kylo definitely sees it (or at least it's intended that way). Rian has even said as much with regards to the scene with Kylo vs Luke. Part of Kylo's blind rage is that he doesn't even notice Luke is holding the saber that was just destroyed. I don't think he would mention that if he thought Kylo hadn't seen it be destroyed. So yeah, I think that was the intention but I can see how people would interpret it as him not knowing. I think it works fine both ways, personally. Doesn't really change his emotions or standpoint at the time, he just hated seeing Luke and being unable to beat him, and probably more-so knowing that Luke beat him by outsmarting him.

Back