1/6 Hot Toys Star Wars Rogue One 1/6 Stormtrooper Jedha Patrol TK-14057 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This just went up for preorder at forbidden planet in the uk. I was hopeful for a price of around £350 after seeing the US price. £430!!! At the current conversion rate that makes it equal to $528.65!! baring in mind $350 is equal to £284. We get completely ripped off over here.

This just went up for preorder at forbidden planet in the uk. I was hopeful for a price of around £350 after seeing the US price. £430!!! At the current conversion rate that makes it equal to $528.65!! baring in mind $350 is equal to £284. We get completely ripped off over here.[/QUO

Sorry to hear it!!!! Hopefully the dollar over there rebounds quickly

This just went up for preorder at forbidden planet in the uk. I was hopeful for a price of around £350 after seeing the US price. £430!!! At the current conversion rate that makes it equal to $528.65!! baring in mind $350 is equal to £284. We get completely ripped off over here.

Wait and see what Timcent88 sells it for?

I don't know about anyone else, but the HT sculpt is just as off as the SSC sculpts, it's just technically better. By that I mean, the make of HT head sculpts are just better than SSC, the detail, the paint aps, the quality of the sculpting is better, but the actual likeness is just as off as any of the others. It's what kept me from buying the figure as that's the main selling point of ANH Luke. There's no cool gear or costume to compensate, just the farmboy outfit.

I think the HT sculpt is worse than the SS ones. Way worse, but more technically lifelike as you say. Still, that doesn't excuse the pricing that SS has come up with on either of their pilot Luke figures.

He usually has great pricing.

I think the HT sculpt is worse than the SS ones. Way worse, but more technically lifelike as you say. Still, that doesn't excuse the pricing that SS has come up with on either of their pilot Luke figures.

He usually has great pricing.

The HT Luke sculpt is complicated. I see Cruise, I see all the issues, and yet it's a very decent Luke likeness - it's weird. The main problem to me is the haystack helmet of hair on top of his head. It's huge, it's metallic copper in color, and it dominates the head. With a custom hair sculpt that was smaller and better painted I think the head would be way better.

Yea the hair sculpt is bad. Tom Cruise IS there. And then in profile it looks nothing like anyone.

He looks best with the training helmet on.

I dunno - to me Luke is way closer than HT Han or Ben, which to me were sculpts of different people that were recognizable only by the costumes.

Also, the HT Luke I took a long time to get, and really wasn't a huge fan of it in the pics, but I got a good deal and it really was a case of better in hand as the old saying goes. Though the copper-top hair - as I said - I really hate.:gah:

I preordered the 2-Pack on BBTS. I want to hold my place in line, but hesitant to start down the trooper path. I'd say there's a 20% chance I keep it, but for now, I'm down for both lol.

not too much weathering on the prototype and the backpack is much larger than i thought. :lol

sand 1.jpg
sand 2.jpg
sand 3.jpg
sand 4.jpg

Interesting they call him a "stormtrooper' yet he's pretty much 100% RO sandtrooper.

Looks cool though - this is the "OT variant" I'm getting. The weathering looks really good, almost like a full size costume. And winerackpack has grown on me.:lol

I dig the backpack a lot, sort of reminds me of Tunnel Rats backpack from the 3.75" g.i. Joe line. I've a dozen of the ht anh stormys that I converted to sandtroopers though. Maybe I'll jump on the set, i love me some stormtroopers...

This is retail for HKD 2320 full price at Hot Toys in HK, works out to USD 297. So the Sideshow price at 350 USD is actually not bad, considered shipping from China to the US and all that.

The standalone Stormtrooper is a rip off tho, as it is 40 USD more than the Hot Toys price.

BTW, timcent88 most definitely a Hot Toys VIP, so he gets his stock 10% cheaper from Hot Toys.

This is retail for HKD 2320 full price at Hot Toys in HK, works out to USD 297. So the Sideshow price at 350 USD is actually not bad, considered shipping from China to the US and all that.

The standalone Stormtrooper is a rip off tho, as it is 40 USD more than the Hot Toys price.

BTW, timcent88 most definitely a Hot Toys VIP, so he gets his stock 10% cheaper from Hot Toys.

how much import tax from US for shipping in a
a two pack from HK?

This set looks really cool and I like the exclusive weathering on the regular trooper in the set.

Back