1/6 Hot Toys - Stan Lee from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Hong Kong reviewer just did a live unboxing and it was in the clamshell to fit the large backdrop. The clear helmet was in 2 pieces, that was cheap looking. Don't know why it couldn't be one solid piece that went over the head.

Have a think how to demold it as a full piece. How would you get the piece in the middle out ?

Not easy, also not impossible, but probably far more expensive. You'd need to blow mould it, and that's a whole different process for HT I'd say.

More plastic. Eww. Plastic tray can never be opened easily. Eww. One time thing? That costs a lot of money, even more for figure like this with low stock made.

People will complain about literally anything and everything.

It's just the normal shoebox with a resealable clamshell to hold the base and premium backdrop. The shoebox is there.

You want a folded, seamed backdrop? Put it in a shoebox. This preserves a nice, flat, single piece.

There wasn't a better way to do it. I think it's pretty awesome and it feels very "special release".

What isn't awesome is the ******** shipping cost SS is going to charge to ship.

Also, just a friendly request, if anyone wants to part with their backdrop I'm looking to get a second, please!

It's just the normal shoebox with a resealable clamshell to hold the base and premium backdrop. The shoebox is there.

You want a folded, seamed backdrop? Put it in a shoebox. This preserves a nice, flat, single piece.

There wasn't a better way to do it. I think it's pretty awesome and it feels very "special release".

Also, just a friendly request, if anyone wants to part with their backdrop I'm looking to get a second, please!

Agree about the packaging and the impending silly shipping charge Sideshow will likely hang on this. This backdrop looks much nicer than the usual cardboard garbage backdrops sometimes included so the altered packaging is warranted.

I'll keep you in mind for the backdrop. I don't use them. Maybe a photo or two then back in the box.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

The unique one off clamshell packaging for a unique figure of a very important person to the comic industry = value skyrockets in time to come after sold out.

I dig the clamshell packaging,it?s a nice treat for those who want to display it like that.I also understand it does resemble much cheaper older style figures packaging,but now that most figures are not packaged like that anymore,it?s cool to see it again.I stopped collecting Neca figures simply due to the fact that they no longer use that clamshell packaging,same for a lot of my friends,it was a great way to display them on the wall

That punch hole clamshell doesn?t really scream ?high-end collectible? to me. More like ?Hasbro figure hanging in a display at Target.?

I actually reckon that's the look they were going for. If they could have, i suppose they would have had the figure out of the box in the clear plastic display like an 80's GI Joe figure.
It looks totally like an 80's 1/18 figure packaging, going as far as having the "accessory" next to the figure, on full display.
Just a thought, given the amount of 80's throwback nostalgia in the GOTG movies.

A Hong Kong reviewer just did a live unboxing and it was in the clamshell to fit the large backdrop. The clear helmet was in 2 pieces, that was cheap looking. Don't know why it couldn't be one solid piece that went over the head.

In every single promo image that the helmet was in two parts. It's not possible to injection mould a single piece bubble like that and have consistent QC. It's also possible it comes apart just to fit it easily on the head and not scratch the sculpt.

I actually reckon that's the look they were going for. If they could have, i suppose they would have had the figure out of the box in the clear plastic display like an 80's GI Joe figure.
It looks totally like an 80's 1/18 figure packaging, going as far as having the "accessory" next to the figure, on full display.
Just a thought, given the amount of 80's throwback nostalgia in the GOTG movies.

In every single promo image that the helmet was in two parts. It's not possible to injection mould a single piece bubble like that and have consistent QC. It's also possible it comes apart just to fit it easily on the head and not scratch the sculpt.

Looks like it can be done, and the dome is big enough where it wouldn't damage the head sculpt.

https://ibb.co/mSpYDjQ

https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/8...MIkf-Rh86R5AIVEKvsCh3a3QSvEAQYAyABEgLWRvD_BwE

Yeah. You're right. An eight inch dome with a 4 inch opening will totally work.
Give Hot Toys a call and see if they can include one of these in each figure before it ships.
Lol.

Your missing the point, it can be done in a smaller scale, you were saying it wasn't possible to make a single piece bubble. If they can make one I'm sure Hot Toys can. But here's something else closer in scale, I'm just saying it could have been done better.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/705940...MI4I_Zm9qR5AIVIiCtBh2lVgJyEAQYByABEgJrf_D_BwE

crap crap crap... shipping to canada is gonna be STUPID. gdmt..... I am going to get SO reamed at customs... and shipping costs.... ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So pumped to get this one much sooner than I had expected. Hopefully Sideshow gets their shipment quickly.

Back