Hot Toys Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire) - Spider-Man: No Way Home

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah these wait times can seem egregious at times :ROFLMAO: But still well worth it.
pirates-egregious.gif

I do have the NWH home display base from the deluxe Holland figure to use with this guy instead. I feel like it's a pretty good all around display base for Tobey since it has the Doc Oc's tentacles, Green Goblin's bombs and some sand from Sandman rather than just the singular Sandman focus display base that comes with the deluxe Tobey

:ROFLMAO:

I do have the NWH home display base from the deluxe Holland figure to use with this guy instead. I feel like it's a pretty good all around display base for Tobey since it has the Doc Oc's tentacles, Green Goblin's bombs and some sand from Sandman rather than just the singular Sandman focus display base that comes with the deluxe Tobey
:exactly: Bingo! That’s what I‘m going to do too! That base does seem more fitting for Tobey Spidey since it would encapsulate the trilogy.

Hi,
So my waistlist opportunity for the Deluxe Toby Maguire Spider-Man just came through and I need to decide whether to go for it or to keep my current pre-order of the Deluxe Tom Holland final suit from NWH.

I currently have a mix of villains for my Spidey collection but no Spider-Man [I cancelled the Video Game Classic suit when I saw the NWH final suit], including Molina Doc Ock, Jazzinc The Vulture, Mysterio and a Toys Era Fiend [that I'm hoping to sell to pay towards my Upgraded Goblin order].

I really like both Tobey and Tom's Spider-men, Tobey is more nostalgic but Tom has been in more movies [with more to come] and has played the role really well with a consistent quality to his movies. Tobey's base is SO much more interesting than the deluxe for Tom Holland [which I do like...but that Sandman is awesome] however the Tobey is a LOT more expensive.... I really like both suits, Tom's is like an upgraded version of the classic suit which I love and I love the vibrant colours, but the Tobey suit is also pretty close to a classic look but with slightly more visual interest with the raised webbing, though the colours aren't as bright as the Holland final suit.
I think both head sculpts are amazing, though sadly I see myself rarely using them in favor of the masked sculpt.

So I am canvassing for opinions and perspectives.
What do you guys think?
Need opinions fairly quickly before my waitlist opportunity expires. :ROFLMAO:

What do you guys think?
That first Raimi film has stood the test of time, IMO -- and I'm not a huge fan of the bodies they use for the Holland Spideys; while the smaller stature is accurate, I don't love the underlying shape of the musculature (such as it is).

They both seem like good figures but I prefer the Raimi.

That said, if you really want a more classic, comic accurate style the choice is obvious.

I like the Maguire Spider-Man but I feel like I’d need to get either Goblin or Ock to go with him. Not sure if I want to or not. I also don’t really plan on getting the Garfield or Holland versions to go with him.

I’m leaning towards just getting the video game Symbiote suit version since that’s always been one of my favorite Spidey costumes and just one of my favorite comic book costumes in general.

Hi,
So my waistlist opportunity for the Deluxe Toby Maguire Spider-Man just came through and I need to decide whether to go for it or to keep my current pre-order of the Deluxe Tom Holland final suit from NWH.

I currently have a mix of villains for my Spidey collection but no Spider-Man [I cancelled the Video Game Classic suit when I saw the NWH final suit], including Molina Doc Ock, Jazzinc The Vulture, Mysterio and a Toys Era Fiend [that I'm hoping to sell to pay towards my Upgraded Goblin order].

I really like both Tobey and Tom's Spider-men, Tobey is more nostalgic but Tom has been in more movies [with more to come] and has played the role really well with a consistent quality to his movies. Tobey's base is SO much more interesting than the deluxe for Tom Holland [which I do like...but that Sandman is awesome] however the Tobey is a LOT more expensive.... I really like both suits, Tom's is like an upgraded version of the classic suit which I love and I love the vibrant colours, but the Tobey suit is also pretty close to a classic look but with slightly more visual interest with the raised webbing, though the colours aren't as bright as the Holland final suit.
I think both head sculpts are amazing, though sadly I see myself rarely using them in favor of the masked sculpt.

What do you guys think?
The correct answer is to buy both (and Garfield as well).

Bugger it!
I made my decision and I ordered the deluxe Tobey Spidey - I looked up some videos of it and the blue is a lot brighter/richer in real life than it is in the promo pics which was one of my major draws to the Holland final suit figure which helped tip the balance in favor of the Maguire suit.
I really prefer the silver raised webbing on the Raimi suit, I prefer the build of the body underneath the Raimi suit, I like the richer red/blue colour in the real life/videos of the Raimi figure, I MUCH prefer the Sandman base - I think its awesome and a cool way for me to include him in my Spidey-Villains collection.
Plus Maguire's first two movies have, to quote @ZE_501 , really stood the test of time as all-time classic CBM.
I do love Holland and I think his character has reached new levels in NWH - but I still feel like he is still growing into a classic Spidey and away from the Avengers-lite/Iron-Man-Jr role he was in the first two movies of his trilogy.
I feel happy with the decision.

Damn. I was going to pre-order this on Monday. Well, on the waitlist now. Fingers crossed it converts.

I'm on the waitlist as well but I was curious if there are any 1/6 clothes or clothes/body sets that would work for a Tobey Peter Parker so I can use the Tobey headsculpt? Whenever a figure comes with another headsculpt I try to make a second figure.

I prefer Tobey over all other versions but there is no wrong way to go here. It’s just amazing that we have so many options from so many movies plus a crossover movie to “legitimize” our unique display options. I have NWH Tobey on preorder plus I will be picking up the Symbiote S3 version and the Holland final suit version. I only wish I had the funds to get all the bases to go with them.

Back