Hot Toys - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Black & Gold suit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t get how this figure will interest anyone when it’s not even screen accurate, which is the point of the figure….

I don’t get how this figure will interest anyone when it’s not even screen accurate, which is the point of the figure….

It's close enough. Infinity war Thanos was not accurate because of the gauntlet but people bought it because they liked the look. This looks great and it's a one and done look.

If it was more accurate we wouldn't see it for 2 years (and it probably still wouldn't be 100% accurate) so i'm good with it.

It's close enough. Infinity war Thanos was not accurate because of the gauntlet but people bought it because they liked the look. This looks great and it's a one and done look.
I’m not paying $200 + for a suit he just used to run around at night in one scene of the film

If it was more accurate we wouldn't see it for 2 years (and it probably still wouldn't be 100% accurate) so i'm good with it.

This is way less accurate than Thanos.

What exactly is inaccurate about IW Thanos gauntlet?

It’s not really close enough though, it’s missing a lot of detail.

This is way less accurate than Thanos.

What exactly is inaccurate about IW Thanos gauntlet?
My bad i meant to say the endgame Thanos. They put it up for PO before the movie came out and it was the wrong gauntlet on the wrong hand. Most people didn't care since they just wanted thanos with that look even though it wasn't accurate.

I'm guessing it will be the same with this suit. It looks good and if you collect all things spidey it's a must have.

My bad i meant to say the endgame Thanos. They put it up for PO before the movie came out and it was the wrong gauntlet on the wrong hand. Most people didn't care since they just wanted thanos with that look even though it wasn't accurate.

I'm guessing it will be the same with this suit. It looks good and if you collect all things spidey it's a must have.

He wears the armor with the gauntlet at the beginning of IW also. The only inaccurate part is that all the stones are in.

He wears the armor with the gauntlet at the beginning of IW also. The only inaccurate part is that all the stones are in.
true but It was an endagme release so inaccurate. Maybe he wears a version of the black suit in the next film that is accurate to this figure it would still be inaccurate to the current movie. it's not a big deal to me. I might get this or not i haven't decided yet.

Yea it’s funny how this was pushed out so early . Very ugly either way. Glad it’s not that prominent .

I think this figure looks amazing. I haven't seen the movie yet but I want this figure regardless of what happens in the film
Yeah, this looks better than the movie version. I view it like the Concept Cap, IM Stealth and IM Sub Zero figures - those weren't in any movies either, but that doesn't mean they don't look cool.

Yea it’s funny how this was pushed out so early . Very ugly either way. Glad it’s not that prominent .

Yeah I don't get how this got approval from Marvel. It's not like Hot Toys is running out and doing this on their own. Somebody at Marvel had to know how inaccurate this was and they let Hot Toys put it up for order anyway. It's a bad look for both of them when this crap happens. I basically never PO figures that are put up for order before a movie releases because of that.

Yeah I don't get how this got approval from Marvel. It's not like Hot Toys is running out and doing this on their own. Somebody at Marvel had to know how inaccurate this was and they let Hot Toys put it up for order anyway. It's a bad look for both of them when this crap happens. I basically never PO figures that are put up for order before a movie releases because of that.
Its pretty clear that they just get concept art and work from that. That's why the first proto and the Marvel Legends that were produced super early had red arms, not only was it concept art but early drafts of it. The CGI suits change throughout production and designs aren't locked till the home stretch (see: endgame capt marvel). Far from the first time HT has made something that ends up looking wrong compared to the final film version, or something that turns out isn't even in the film for a meaningful amount of time (cough Crossbones cough). The have to have a year or more lead time, all they are getting is art. Plus this movie was delayed from July. Hot Toys was done on time, so it was way too late to cancel anything. And toys are toys, its not like Marvel cares. Anything that's different is a new toy to sell, which is overwhelmingly to children who aren't picky collectors. This suit was a halloween costume this year

q1aIWNF.jpg

plyba5d.jpg

AqgoQ01.jpg

People need to understand how modern movies are made. I don't blame Hot Toys as it's very obvious they had it correct when the design was given to them and it was changing during production since the red was removed. Marvel could have changed things on the suit a month ago. It's CGI and pretty easy for them. Marvel added things to The Avengers AFTER the premiere.

So basically the lesson is HT should never show or put anything up for PO before a movie is released.

I still think it looks cool and would look really good with Kilmonger or Concept Cap

Back