Hot Toys - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Black & Gold suit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s a screenshot I took, wires and connectors everywhere. The figures aren’t even remotely close and I think it’s pretty likely this is the Upgraded Suit turned inside out or with a layer peeled away because there’s no other reason all of this stuff would be on the outside.
7AA4036C-BEC1-458D-B98D-C84D1E7BD557.jpeg

Here’s a screenshot I took, wires and connectors everywhere. The figures aren’t even remotely close and I think it’s pretty likely this is the Upgraded Suit turned inside out or with a layer peeled away because there’s no other reason all of this stuff would be on the outside.View attachment 550120
I kinda like that look. Looks like a work in progress and Strange just enchanted it.

nhw_still_107-copy.jpg

Very obvious on the shoulders
To be fair, if HT had incorporated the scraggly wires into the suit design there's a 100% chance they would have been snagged and snapped off at some point. Moreover I feel like these inconsistencies are more due to Marvel changing up design details at the last minute.

Here’s a screenshot I took, wires and connectors everywhere. The figures aren’t even remotely close and I think it’s pretty likely this is the Upgraded Suit turned inside out or with a layer peeled away because there’s no other reason all of this stuff would be on the outside.View attachment 550120

I always saw it as the outer layer peeled or burned off by Electro. Can you imagine if it was just inside out and all that wires rubbing against your skin when worn the right way? I'm sure at some point all that circuitry will short out as well since everything is in contact with the skin.

I always saw it as the outer layer peeled or burned off by Electro. Can you imagine if it was just inside out and all that wires rubbing against your skin when worn the right way? I'm sure at some point all that circuitry will short out as well since everything is in contact with the skin.
I was thinking the same, the with all that wires and metal stuff, if worn normally the Spidey suit would be very uncomfortable to wear.

I just got back from seeing the midnight screening of NWH in Australia and I can confidently say that I won’t be buying any Spidey suits from this film. I do suspect the very final suit in the final shot of the movie will please a lot of people though if HT announce it.
I also suspect we won’t be getting as many figures from the film as people think, just the nature of the movie will make it difficult to justify their existence but to say any more will be spoiler territory. I hope I’m wrong btw. But after seeing it, I’m convinced of only three characters we will get… (Strange makes 4).
Also there is a mid credits scene and then the Doctor Strange 2 teaser plays after the credits have rolled.

I just got back from seeing the midnight screening of NWH in Australia and I can confidently say that I won’t be buying any Spidey suits from this film. I do suspect the very final suit in the final shot of the movie will please a lot of people though if HT announce it.
I also suspect we won’t be getting as many figures from the film as people think, just the nature of the movie will make it difficult to justify their existence but to say any more will be spoiler territory. I hope I’m wrong btw. But after seeing it, I’m convinced of only three characters we will get… (Strange makes 4).
Also there is a mid credits scene and then the Doctor Strange 2 teaser plays after the credits have rolled.
Did you like the movie? Does it hold up to the reviews most critics are giving it?

Is that final suit a practical or cgi suit?

I’ve been fully spoiled and I would say the opposite.

Spider-Man is the new Marvel bread and butter for Hot Toys.

There’s no way they’re not going to bank on the massive nostalgia and fan service (appropriate amounts of, my opinion) in this film to sell as many figures as possible.

I expect we’ve only seen about half the figures, though there is a good chance we’ll only get 2 or 3 of the antagonists.

Did you like the movie? Does it hold up to the reviews most critics are giving it?
I thought it was excellent. Not quite the slam dunk I was hoping for (that would go in to spoiler territory if I told you why), but damn it was good. Easily the best Marvel product since Endgame. It was definitely framed as a kind of Spider-Man endgame (I actually think Holland likened it to that too in an interview). For me, it was the ultimate culmination of who and what Spider-Man is. I can’t believe how much fan service they fit in without it feeling shoehorned. I can’t believe how many characters from previous iterations get the big send offs they deserved. And I can’t believe they manage to do all this with a generous amount of genuinely hilarious humour, some real emotional moments that hit hard, and even a dark moment Peter has when he’s at his wits end at the end of the final battle (hopefully a sign of a tonal shift ahead in the next trilogy). To cap it all off… they manage to bookend the trilogy and set up an incredibly engaging future for the franchise. The more I think about the film, the more I like it. There are little moments in the film (especially characters alluding to certain things) that will have theorists hard at work deciphering. It’s also written so well, Holland has improved so much as an actor in order to carry all the tones the movie is trying to deftly navigate… the action is brilliant, literally never a dull moment, it’s a hectic movie. Like the pacing is actually perfect.
It really is a Spider Man fan’s love letter imo and I can’t wait to see it again.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was excellent. Not quite the slam dunk I was hoping for (that would go in to spoiler territory if I told you why), but damn it was good. Easily the best Marvel product since Endgame. It was definitely framed as a kind of Spider-Man endgame (I actually think Holland likened it to that too in an interview). For me, it was the ultimate culmination of who and what Spider-Man is. I can’t believe how much fan service they fit in without it feeling shoehorned. I can’t believe how many characters from previous iterations get the big send offs they deserved. And I can’t believe they manage to do all this with a generous amount of genuinely hilarious humour, some real emotional moments that hit hard, and even a dark moment Peter has when he’s at his wits end at the end of the final battle (hopefully a sign of a tonal shift ahead in the next trilogy). To cap it all off… they manage to bookend the trilogy and set up an incredibly engaging future for the franchise. The more I think about the film, the more I like it. There are little moments in the film (especially characters alluding to certain things) that will have theorists hard at work deciphering. It’s also written so well, Holland has improved so much as an actor in order to carry all the tones the movie is trying to deftly navigate… the action is brilliant, literally never a dull moment, it’s a hectic movie. Like the pacing is actually perfect.
It really is a Spider Man fan’s love letter imo and I can’t wait to see it again.
Great spoiler-free review, looking forward to seeing it tomorrow evening.

Spoiler Spoiler:
And not even film accurate. Missing some key details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

After watching..I’m glad I didn’t really get into this version of his suit…over hyped :thud:

Back