Hot Toys - Spider-Man: No Way Home - Black & Gold suit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planning to customize mine by adding wires on the suit. Anyone know what type of adhesive / glue can I use that's good with the material? Not sure if super glue is the right material cause it might leave white marks.

Here’s a screenshot I took, wires and connectors everywhere. The figures aren’t even remotely close and I think it’s pretty likely this is the Upgraded Suit turned inside out or with a layer peeled away because there’s no other reason all of this stuff would be on the outside.View attachment 550120
You called it lol

Its pretty clear that they just get concept art and work from that. That's why the first proto and the Marvel Legends that were produced super early had red arms, not only was it concept art but early drafts of it. The CGI suits change throughout production and designs aren't locked till the home stretch (see: endgame capt marvel). Far from the first time HT has made something that ends up looking wrong compared to the final film version, or something that turns out isn't even in the film for a meaningful amount of time (cough Crossbones cough). The have to have a year or more lead time, all they are getting is art. Plus this movie was delayed from July. Hot Toys was done on time, so it was way too late to cancel anything. And toys are toys, its not like Marvel cares. Anything that's different is a new toy to sell, which is overwhelmingly to children who aren't picky collectors. This suit was a halloween costume this year

q1aIWNF.jpg

plyba5d.jpg

AqgoQ01.jpg

People need to understand how modern movies are made. I don't blame Hot Toys as it's very obvious they had it correct when the design was given to them and it was changing during production since the red was removed. Marvel could have changed things on the suit a month ago. It's CGI and pretty easy for them. Marvel added things to The Avengers AFTER the premiere.

So basically the lesson is HT should never show or put anything up for PO before a movie is released.

I still think it looks cool and would look really good with Kilmonger or Concept Cap

Everyone here knows how movies are made. The issue is this isn't just a different costume. It's in the script,
Spoiler Spoiler:
Why would Marvel let people make toys, especially very expensive high end toys, of things that are easily enough to fix? I'm faulting Marvel way more than Hot Toys here, I know they have no idea. But I think either way it's still a good idea for Hot Toys to wait at this point. If for nothing else accessories that they can add.

Last edited:
Everyone here knows how movies are made. The issue is this isn't just a different costume. It's in the script, [SPOILER="he turns the suit inside out"]he turns the suit inside out.[/SPOILER] Why would Marvel let people make toys, especially very expensive high end toys, of things that are easily enough to fix? I'm faulting Marvel way more than Hot Toys here, I know they have no idea. But I think either way it's still a good idea for Hot Toys to wait at this point. If for nothing else accessories that they can add.
Yeah this figure is a perfect example of why typically waiting two years for the Hot Toys figure has its perks; they can start prototyping much closer to the film’s release - when things are far more final - instead of much earlier in production when things could change, sometimes drastically.

did yall notice that the practical prop of this costume in peter's hands
Spoiler Spoiler:
and the final cgi version as he actually wears it have different chest spiders? even the movie is internally inconsistent about how this suit looks, im sure changes came right down to the wire before release.

gold outline on the prop, solid gold while actually wearing
eFKi8K2.png

P07TnwA.png

It all begs to question, how the heck did a full-size parachute fit in there without creating a large bulge in his back? lol

Everyone here knows how movies are made. The issue is this isn't just a different costume. It's in the script,
Spoiler Spoiler:
Why would Marvel let people make toys, especially very expensive high end toys, of things that are easily enough to fix? I'm faulting Marvel way more than Hot Toys here, I know they have no idea. But I think either way it's still a good idea for Hot Toys to wait at this point. If for nothing else accessories that they can add.

I'm not talking about that. I was talking about the missing details. We don't know when that was added. The Marvel/Sony original design had the red and then they changed it. HT got the change before production and updated the suit to all black, We have no idea if that suit in the film looked that detailed a month or even two weeks ago. We know it wasn't that detailed or that it didn't have the "thing" on the chest when they switched it to all black.

If it was a very late changed to the movie it's not easy to fix when the figures are already on the boat. Movie studios sometimes change things days before a movie releases.

I'm not defending them i just understand how it happened and have no issues with it because love that HT tried to get us something early for once.

I think just releasing a black and gold variant of spidey is more lucrative than doing a super screen accurate version with mini wires that are going to get ripped, etc.

I'm not talking about that. I was talking about the missing details. We don't know when that was added. The Marvel/Sony original design had the red and then they changed it. HT got the change before production and updated the suit to all black, We have no idea if that suit in the film looked that detailed a month or even two weeks ago. We know it wasn't that detailed or that it didn't have the "thing" on the chest when they switched it to all black.

If it was a very late changed to the movie it's not easy to fix when the figures are already on the boat. Movie studios sometimes change things days before a movie releases.

I'm not defending them i just understand how it happened and have no issues with it because love that HT tried to get us something early for once.
Makes you wonder why all the BW figures still got the standard 1+ year wait after the release even though technically HT had the jump.

People need to understand how modern movies are made. I don't blame Hot Toys as it's very obvious they had it correct when the design was given to them and it was changing during production since the red was removed. Marvel could have changed things on the suit a month ago. It's CGI and pretty easy for them. Marvel added things to The Avengers AFTER the premiere.

So basically the lesson is HT should never show or put anything up for PO before a movie is released.

I still think it looks cool and would look really good with Kilmonger or Concept Cap
I don’t really care about the reasoning, it’s a poor attempt regardless, and Hot Toys rushed this out so I do blame them.

Then you have to blame all the toy companies because they are all like this. Some still even have the red that HT removed.
I watched a behind the scenes of NWH video on YT. When he is running through the cafeteria, he has the red hands on. They must've fixed all of that in post as Holland was told during production they were still figuring things out.

That is all i am saying, It's easy for them to change anything with CGI and this suit was accurate at some point because every toy company did the same design.

Back