1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Mysterio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No the toy license is for ALL Spider-Man figures, Disney has it and always will as far as I know. Sony sold that part away.
Why would sony sell that? Merchandise is a lot of money. But as far as I know the deal they made, sony will take all but 5% of income made from the movies and marvel from the merchandise. But since the deal was off, i believed that deal is no more.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He didn't approve a head done by Diamond Select either. But we still have SooSoo Toys version.
View attachment 467091

SooSoo looking good, also this one from (I forget who exactly made it) an overseas seller.

(my pics)

MkhDetl.jpg

jXXiu4R.jpg

With the two Spider-Man films being done by Sony and marvel having the merch rights, all actor likeness might not have been included. Pretty much all Vulture and Mysterio figures have been with their masks on. Only Funko and LEGO come to mind with unmasked looks and those are very stylized. I would hope they could work this out. I can?t imagine it?s not at least close for HT to have jumped the gun before all approvals were in place. Most of the Marvel people seem to really dig the HT figures. I think I even read once that Fiege looks forward to seeing the new HT figures and how they are kind of influenced to make new looks just so they can see the HT figures of them:lol

what are the chances that HT revealed the headsculpt because they knew the deal was done but had to pull it because it wasn?t announced yet?

what are the chances that HT revealed the headsculpt because they knew the deal was done but had to pull it because it wasn?t announced yet?
I believe is the opposite. JC Hong and hot toys fb admin team were probably unaware what happened to the licensing when the news of them falling thru broke out. They were prob were going on their scheduled plan to reveal the hs for mysterio but had to pull out cos someone at the upper management told them of an issue with licensing when marvel and sony split.
Well that's what my common sense tells me abt the whole situation. Because the news happened within days or less than a week before the reveal that got pull down almost instantly.

I believe is the opposite. JC Hong and hot toys fb admin team were probably unaware what happened to the licensing when the news of them falling thru broke out. They were prob were going on their scheduled plan to reveal the hs for mysterio but had to pull out cos someone at the upper management told them of an issue with licensing when marvel and sony split.
Well that's what my common sense tells me abt the whole situation. Because the news happened within days or less than a week before the reveal that got pull down almost instantly.

Hopefully the settling of the deal will make a difference where this is concerned...

Why would sony sell that? Merchandise is a lot of money. But as far as I know the deal they made, sony will take all but 5% of income made from the movies and marvel from the merchandise. But since the deal was off, i believed that deal is no more.

Sony sold it cause they are stupid. They?d be making bank right now but nope

Finally pulled the trigger on the last PO day (it's different here where I live). My complaint on this isn't the seam or the lack of Beck's HS but the lack of accessories.
3 pairs of hands and a pair of illusion effect is much less than what we usually get. I get it that we didn't see much hand gesture on film but I prefer to have more option to display a figure in dynamic poses.

Screen Shot 2562-10-02 at 00.16.27.jpg

Finally pulled the trigger on the last PO day (it's different here where I live). My complaint on this isn't the seam or the lack of Beck's HS but the lack of accessories.
3 pairs of hands and a pair of illusion effect is much less than what we usually get. I get it that we didn't see much hand gesture on film but I prefer to have more option to display a figure in dynamic poses.

View attachment 467417

That's why I feel like the headsculpt was always going to be included for this price, it's pretty light.

Should of come with at least a drone or an alt base of the water elemental.

He's on display at NYCC... I don't see the seam in this picture, but it could be a trick of the lighting, so i'll wait for more pictures before saying they removed it.

72115280_2398835403570723_5088856811998543872_n.jpg

Will we see the jake sculpt announced in NYCC? Hopefully

HT probably wont be changing much on the figure unless enough complaint is made.

Now I'm just hoping we will see a third party company doing custom parts e.g. illusion effects, drones (transparent ones would be cool), etc.

I think it's very unlikely they'll do anything about that seam. We just have to decide whether we can live with it or not. If you keep it on the top shelf of a detolf and pose it in such a way, you might not be able to see it.

He's on display at NYCC... I don't see the seam in this picture, but it could be a trick of the lighting, so i'll wait for more pictures before saying they removed it.

View attachment 467445

I think it's very unlikely they'll do anything about that seam. We just have to decide whether we can live with it or not. If you keep it on the top shelf of a detolf and pose it in such a way, you might not be able to see it.

Food for thought. Even if they did a seamless bowl, how would they paint the inside for that mystical smoke look which is inside the bowl ?

Food for thought. Even if they did a seamless bowl, how would they paint the inside for that mystical smoke look which is inside the bowl ?

It’s not a complete sphere. There is a significant hole in the bottom for the neck. That’s big enough for them to paint through.

I have one like this with the bottom hole smaller. It's called inner painting. So someone can do it.
a9d4fe7b929b5242e53aba1556c8fd3a.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Back