Hot Toys Spider-Man (Black Suit) - Spider-Man 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder why this is taking so long to be put up for preorder? This isn't a new movie

I am on the fence. Is the base worth the extra 100 dollars?

I am thinking I may never use the base due to the poses requiring stretching the costume and using the flight stand that WILL damage the suit.

Perhaps the base can be a good background or foreground display...but is it worth the extra money?

Anyone else on the fence on which version to order?

I am on the fence. Is the base worth the extra 100 dollars?

I am thinking I may never use the base due to the poses requiring stretching the costume and using the flight stand that WILL damage the suit.

Perhaps the base can be a good background or foreground display...but is it worth the extra money?

Anyone else on the fence on which version to order?

Unless a base is amazing or can maybe be used with other items to form something else I'd say skip it. Me personally, there's no way I'm paying an extra $100 for the base that comes with this figure. Where did you see prices, by the way?

Unless a base is amazing or can maybe be used with other items to form something else I'd say skip it. Me personally, there's no way I'm paying an extra $100 for the base that comes with this figure. Where did you see prices, by the way?
Osk

I noticed this in Hot Toys' Spider-Man 2 video that they posted on X/Twitter yesterday. If they're advertising this figure at their pop-up exhibit, it's a good sign, despite the pre-order delay.

Edit: it's on their Facebook page too

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231022_093800_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20231022_093800_X.jpg
    919.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I would've considered getting this, but the inaccurate Tom Hardy Venom head is a deal breaker.

I have no idea how this passed initial testing and got slapped into SM3 territory.

Guess the spooktober theories were a bust, why are they taking so damn long with this one?
Took them like 4 months to put up Indiana Jones. Seems like this is the new Indy. Not sure why this has started to become a thing. The whole Spider-Man licensing must be a tangled mess if Garfield keeps coming out of ASM2 rather than NWH. Maybe HT doesn’t quite have the rights to Spider-Man 3 worked out yet?

Took them like 4 months to put up Indiana Jones. Seems like this is the new Indy. Not sure why this has started to become a thing. The whole Spider-Man licensing must be a tangled mess if Garfield keeps coming out of ASM2 rather than NWH. Maybe HT doesn’t quite have the rights to Spider-Man 3 worked out yet?
I don't think T-man would have issues with giving away his likeness.

It's definitely odd but I highly doubt they would go through all the work to make a prototype figure without having the rights to sell it. Maybe it's just one of those things where they're trying to build hype for the figure?

This has been a odd tease all around. Not any news on this anywhere.

I don't think T-man would have issues with giving away his likeness.
Might not have to do with his likeness at all, but something else entirely with the license itself.

For Indy, the issue that many of us assume was the cause of it’s delayed US PO was in connection to a lawsuit being filed by the company who made the real backback that Indy used in the film (which is also included with the figure) due to Disney/LucasFilm not asking permission to use the bag in the film and then crediting a competitor of theirs for the bag during marketing. Something along those lines. And, I believe it just got settled not too long ago. Now that all of a sudden has been settled, the figure went up for PO in the US. Could be a coincidence but seems unlikely given that it went up for PO overseas just fine

Might not have to do with his likeness at all, but something else entirely with the license itself.

For Indy, the issue that many of us assume was the cause of it’s delayed US PO was in connection to a lawsuit being filed by the company who made the real backback that Indy used in the film (which is also included with the figure) due to Disney/LucasFilm not asking permission to use the bag in the film and then crediting a competitor of theirs for the bag during marketing. Something along those lines. And, I believe it just got settled not too long ago. Now that all of a sudden has been settled, the figure went up for PO in the US. Could be a coincidence but seems unlikely given that it went up for PO overseas just fine
That's crazy.
Not only didn't they give the og bag creator credit, but they even gave the competitor credit, who cotributed nothing I assume?

Why??

Hopefully the og creator got a big fat bag out of it.

That's crazy.
Not only didn't they give the og bag creator credit, but they even gave the competitor credit, who cotributed nothing I assume?

Why??

Hopefully the og creator got a big fat bag out of it.
Presumably, they just weren't keeping track of who made the bag and credited the competitor by complete accident, costume design isn't exactly an entirely clean process. Still kind of baffling considering all they likely had to do was check their receipts, tags, or even just compare bags, but more understandable if you consider that it probably wasn't intentional.

Presumably, they just weren't keeping track of who made the bag and credited the competitor by complete accident, costume design isn't exactly an entirely clean process. Still kind of baffling considering all they likely had to do was check their receipts, tags, or even just compare bags, but more understandable if you consider that it probably wasn't intentional.
Yeah it sounds all too incompetent to be intentional. Thanks g's , very interesting.

Seems like when it comes to movies non mcu with Spider-Man himself it’s hard to do. Must be the whole Disney marvel thing. Disney has merch rights but Sony has movie rights. I bet they have to sign off on different contracts and what banner this figure or future toys fall under. Since Andrew spidey and Tobey spidey were made before any deal or Disney I’m guessing they are harder to make figures for. Must be the reason why we do t see many raimi figures made from anyone cause the Disney merch rights clash with the movie rights.

Idk. It can’t be because of likeness issues because when you take on a role like Spider-Man you are going to get toys made of your face. Andrew and Tobey had hot toys made from their faces before. This has got to be a rights thing.

Infact I’m willing to bet it this figure didn’t have a face it’ll be easier to come by. I seem to recall the asm 2 figure not having a headsculpt either.

Again idk

Back