1/6 Hot Toys Speculation Thread - Avengers 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how long we’ll be waiting to see the first preorders. Endgame comes out the same calendar day as IW did, and Iron Man L and Thor went up on I think March 2nd last year. Could easily be pushed later due to the increased secrecy for this one, but surely we’ll see something before the movie’s actually out?

I wonder how long we’ll be waiting to see the first preorders. Endgame comes out the same calendar day as IW did, and Iron Man L and Thor went up on I think March 2nd last year. Could easily be pushed later due to the increased secrecy for this one, but surely we’ll see something before the movie’s actually out?

I guess we will have to sit and wait..

ML are embargoed until April 1st. Probably the same here.

Where'd you hear about this? I think they'll start figure pre-orders the week of the movie or probably after the second trailer. This is the first time that Marvel isn't letting ANYTHING out including the upcoming suits (excluding the leaked promos).

could be indicative of what we see in the movie

Spoiler Spoiler:

could be indicative of what we see in the movie

Re leakages am feelin' a bit dubious:dunno - e.g. Feige and all the cosmic stuff. I mean, cosmic to me usually means space suits = HT makin' pleather and plastic outfits.:dunno
Which they do anyway, but am a whole lot happier w. cloth.

It's also IMO interesting how tight the lid is for any of the dusted:cool:. Rumor and speculation sez not everyone will come back, but IMO a lot have to come back:lol.
Which to me is interesting - will we see, maybe, SW in her full, cosmic, comic book glory, and now she's REALLY angry? Would DS get a new outfit? Black Panther? Will I ever get a Falcon with like black and silver wings?

SW_concept_opt.jpg

Hard to say without seeing EG. For me "cosmic" or "time" stuff might be the coolest thing ever, or just passed on as "niche" figs while I wait for more "classic" versions.:dunno

I don’t think it’s cosmic as much as quantum. If you notice Tony has something in his hand that is identical to some things we have seen from leaked set pics from last year.

I would however take SW in that concept art, way better than anything she has worn in the MCU thus far.

I don’t think it’s cosmic as much as quantum. If you notice Tony has something in his hand that is identical to some things we have seen from leaked set pics from last year.

I would however take SW in that concept art, way better than anything she has worn in the MCU thus far.

I stand corrected - thanx. Guess stuff is getting mashed up in my head re some comment from Feige or others.
https://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/marvel/279486/kevin-feige-plays-down-james-gunns-phase-4-mcu-influence
Indeed, a few years back, Feige appeared to have an uncertain - but slightly different - outlook.

“I think it’s a little early to know what it’s going to look like,” he told Fandango about Phase 4 in 2017. “I think things are going to look very different at that point, but I think the early discussions we’ve had with James [Gunn] about Vol. 3 and beyond with what we’ll call the 'Cosmic Universe' and the Guardians characters is very exciting. Which is why he signed up and we announced that even before Guardians Vol. 2 came out.”

He later added “As you know from the comics, there are so many places to go and so many more characters, and there are a few characters hinted at in the [end] tag scenes of Vol. 2. All of which could be potential to see and explore more in the new age following our big Avengers films.”

Now, Feige says that the response to these comments put too much weight behind Gunn's influence on Phase 4.

"[James Gunn's] influence was Guardians. It was Guardians," Feige explained to CinemaBlend. "It was his input on Guardians and the Avengers films, as you've seen in Infinity War, and on the Guardians 3 script, which we’re still using. So you'll see that influence. I think online, sort of the notion of ‘architect across multiple cosmic things’ was slightly blown out of proportion."

Marvel has decided not to make any big Phase 4 announcements until after the release of Spider-Man: Far From Home this summer, but we do know that an Eternals movie is in the pipeline, and the first reactions to Captain Marvel have indicated that it's very much in the cosmic universe, so it does seem like the Phase 4 plan is still to push things in a more cosmic direction after Avengers: Endgame is done and dusted (no pun intended).

Quantum, quantum, quantum...:cool: In any case I think by GOTG 2 and IW Gunn's writing needed work, so IMO having some fresh writers/directors for "cosmic" stuff isn't a bad thing. But since this is about FIGURES I have liked the designs/costumes the Guardians have, esp. Nebula and Gamora.

I've really liked SW designs, but I'd like an outfit like that- where she's really come into her own. She was one of the arcs I was happiest about in Infinity War.

Would love to see that SW outfit in film, she would look so sexy lol but it looks really nice and gets me excited to see the future “X-Men”concept, just hope they don’t change it to “Mutants” to be politically correct hahahah

The delay in PO's will make these reveals next month all the sweeter. Hope there's no newly painted ******** with this line.

Can't wait for Hot Toys to take a crack at the new War Machine armor.

Spoiler Spoiler:

So when do we think these will go up for pre order?. I don't have a HT Cap, so he will be a must have for me and I'll see if I can afford the others.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

No. Not a new suit for Endgame.

Lol blatantly false. New suit for endgame and it looks great

Spoiler Spoiler:

Center gold trim and star are much bigger. Lines are thicker and gold plated shoulders

Back