1/6 Hot Toys Speculation Thread - Avengers 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone else leaving Infinity War figures alone and waiting for End Game? I was planning on getting Dr. Strange, Cap and Thor. I think Thor will be the same for End Game with improvements, sort of stuck in a rock and a hard place with Dr Strange and Cap, though. I really like this version of Cap but he was just barely in it and I'm waiting to see with time travel which new versions will be released and I love the battle representation with Dr. Strange and his fight with Thanos, but worried these might all sell everywhere before new figures start turning up for End Game.

Do u mind selling if u only keep one version of the fig? How do u see ur shelves a year from now.

Thinkin' DS might be worthwhile, whether a new version comes out or not. 'Coz the IW version has his first costume (same as IW #1), accessory loaded, kinda timeless.

Cap - luv Cap but I was all over the place w. this release. IMO the sculpt isn't that great tho there are a lot of opinions pro/con. Unless u really, really luv the version and/or need all the Caps would consider waiting and picking up later/used. (Suggest Concept Cap instead which has nothing to do with movie but is classic and badass and uses same uniform materials)

Thor - Well, he's gonna be in EG. But seems like a good release...has longevity. Plus u get the eye patch and u won't for EG. Also comes w. stuff and u never know w. HT - they put out figs that are pretty lean in the accessory dept. too. Can u deal w. axe tho - picking up a larger version will cost extra.

IMO - DS yes, Thor yes, Cap, wait or get Concept Cap.

(I skipped Thor as I have Roadworn and like long hair Thor. Have DS #1. Kitbashing Cap as had a lot of issues w. release but that's me. I always get my favs Cap, Bucky, BW tho. But that's a different way of collecting - character vs. movie).

I love the MCU but design-wise their stuff keeps getting busier and more useless, easily dated and schlocky for my taste. I feel like a little restraint would go a long way, but my opinion is only that and seems to be in the minority, since the stuff keeps selling.

The pinnacle of Iron Man design for me is the Mark IV, so clearly I'm just a curmudgeon.

(I did like the 46 and 47, but they can't beat my love for the older, Adi Granov based/inspired armours).

These are all space-type suits tho. Feige said something about a Star Trek episode bein' inspiration - something about past, present, future. Think there may be some trippy time dimension thing going on.

Like maybe these leaks/early looks are *distractions*. Not foolin' me:lol - where are the missing and what are they wearing? And/or is everyone gonna pop back in their classic looks?

IMO HT is dancin' in joy:fest - they can re-hash one sculpt after another, like put out a quantum Cap, a probably classic Cap, a special release battle damaged Cap, a 1940s Cap...

Is anyone else leaving Infinity War figures alone and waiting for End Game?[...]

Mostly due to design preferences I haven't bothered with IW at all except for Strange. I may be in the minority but I prefer the new release to the old, and my philosophy with HT is to get something if I really like it, because you can't count on them to release a figure for every film unless it's Iron Man and Batman, and newer with them isn't always better, although that's subjective. Case-in-point for me is Avengers Hulk, still my favourite version.

Do u mind selling if u only keep one version of the fig? How do u see ur shelves a year from now.

Thinkin' DS might be worthwhile, whether a new version comes out or not. 'Coz the IW version has his first costume (same as IW #1), accessory loaded, kinda timeless. [...]

Exactly -- Strange has a nice comic vibe. I've yet to have a definitive Cap for myself. I liked the A1 version but the figure itself is dated. The newer suits are better for looking less goofy and spangly but not classic enough --- I don't know.

I may go back and get a long-haired Thor at some point but that character isn't a priority.

I usually have only one version of a character over the long term, although there's overlap when I'm deciding between versions. Hard to say.

These are all space-type suits tho. Feige said something about a Star Trek episode bein' inspiration - something about past, present, future. Think there may be some trippy time dimension thing going on.

Like maybe these leaks/early looks are *distractions*. Not foolin' me:lol - where are the missing and what are they wearing? And/or is everyone gonna pop back in their classic looks?

IMO HT is dancin' in joy:fest - they can re-hash one sculpt after another, like put out a quantum Cap, a probably classic Cap, a special release battle damaged Cap, a 1940s Cap...

I get it, but the 'over-designed', tech-y space suits aren't usually my thing. I'd be very interested if HT took a new run at classic A1 looks.

Was Iron Man the only guy with a "suit up" scene in IW? I'm most excited to see what kind of "group shot" they can get for Endgame.

My heart still skips a beat every time the camera pans around the team in NYC in the first Avengers. Probably my most favorite moment in the entire MCU.

I get it, but the 'over-dseigned', tech-y space suits aren't usually my thing. I'd be very interested if HT took a new run at classic A1 looks.

Yeah - for me the kinda mixed rag-tag look of the Guardians is all right (even tho I don't collect them) but what might work in a movie (does everyone suit up, shoot through a portal, grab their friends, and run out again??) may look kinda odd on the shelf...plus thinkin' suits like that would be made of plastic.

Lots and lots of potentially creasey peely plastic. Anyway I can't think these are the only costumes we'll see. And I'd never buy a Hulk that looks like he's wearin' a scuba suit.:horror

My heart still skips a beat every time the camera pans around the team in NYC in the first Avengers. Probably my most favorite moment in the entire MCU.
Was Iron Man the only guy with a "suit up" scene in IW? I'm most excited to see what kind of "group shot" they can get for Endgame.

Been watching Ultron and Avengers lately - new appreciation for them. D@mn, I lived through a golden age of comic book movies. So many good moments:love. It'd be hard for me to pick a fav moment. A few:

Avengers suit up for final battle
Bucky catching Cap shield
IM suiting up in IM1 for the first time
Thor standing in field Avengers suiting up (love the storm swirling around and arm scales re-assemble so epic)
Ultron Mark1 "you're all killers"
Loki, Cap, IM in Avengers...
and entire TWS is pretty much a long favorite moment.:cool: Too bad I don't have an Alexander Pearce fig.:lol

Was hoping for a cap winter soldier stealth suit update.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Been wondering about what some have been saying about figures lasting 10 years or so. What exactly starts to deteriorate?

All of my figs from 10 years ago look great but as I look to the future after A4 I'm slowing down on collecting big time. It will be pretty much be Iron Man only for me from here on out, which includes War Machine.

Looks like there may be a new 'Buster in town...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Been wondering about what some have been saying about figures lasting 10 years or so. What exactly starts to deteriorate?

All of my figs from 10 years ago look great but as I look to the future after A4 I'm slowing down on collecting big time. It will be pretty much be Iron Man only for me from here on out, which includes War Machine.

Materials used deteriorate - hard to say what, since HT is so secretive. Also depends on how a figure is stored/displayed.

1) Gonna guess that anything pleather - since that is SO thin vinyl bonded to fabric - a big suspect.

2) Rubber getting harder/brittle - splitting; joints snapping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4iEebTp5Pc&t=240s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRgFMnUPHH0

These are older figs in the vids - but w. HT u never know...

3) Color shifts r plastics - I've seen pics of white Legos turning yellow, even in protected conditions.

Yeah, I'm ratcheting down (or plan to:monkey3) after End Game. Just enjoy, work on displays. If I get 10 years or longer with minor repairs, I'm happy. If I need a permanent fig I'd get poly and even then paint may or may not hold up.

NOT particularly bashing HT quality. HT isn't putting out custom figs or making stuff for antiques. Not excusing when they get cheap, either, or have bad designs that can't be posed:(. Figure all folks can do is repair as needed, and usual rules - keep cool, dry, and out of direct sunlight.

But - I used to pick up the odd used fig, but enough time has passed w. stuff I might like that except for NIB, or a seller I know - kinda mostly off buying used unless its really cheap. Sellers don't wanna hear that:monkey3. But for me - I might be buying something plastic that's 10 years old. My very loose rule was no figure older than 3 years tho I broke that a lot. But lately - I think not.:horror

Right now on the 'bay tho MCU prices are up for a lot of older figs - to me they should be going down re the fig age unless NIB.

It really depends. 10 years is not really definite, and while I am not always a fan of Hot Toys's choices for materials, I think they've gotten a bit better over time. And most of the worst cases of wear usually come out of extremely humid environments like Southeast Asia.

The only materials I would generally worry about would be pleather, rubber, and vinyl. There are folks who avoid figures because their costumes incorporate heavy amounts of those materials. But with proper care, I think they're mostly fine with some exceptions.

For example, I put a very high quality artificial leather dressing and protectant on a TFA Han Solo jacket to see if it would make a difference. The material drank it up and left it very smooth and supple, which would definitely help keep it from cracking.

Newer Iron Man figures and predominantly cloth figures shouldn't really have issues, other than perhaps glue wearing out over time.

But if the figures are kept in temperate environments in museum poses out of direct sunlight with limited exposure to dust and handling, they should definitely last. Especially if you take preventative maintenance on some of those materials more prone to wear.

the baddie via NECA.....LOL expression looks like he forgot where he put the car keys...:lol
Spoiler Spoiler:

war-machine-1156779.jpeg

Let's say Hot toys was making a war machine mark 5 that would be released next year, that would mean we would be getting three war machine next year:
mark 4, 5, and punisher

For example, I put a very high quality artificial leather dressing and protectant on a TFA Han Solo jacket to see if it would make a difference. The material drank it up and left it very smooth and supple, which would definitely help keep it from cracking.

Do you mind sharing the brand of the artificial leather dressing and protectant that you used? Did it make the jacket look darker?

So the thiccboi suit is apparently the Mk.6(look at his chest), which makes the Superbowl suit the Mk.5. This means WM's getting at least 4 suits in A4, these being the Quantum Realm suit, Mk.4.5(modified Hulkbuster 2.0), Mk.5 and Mk.6. Hot Toys will have a ****ing field day.
8ffdf19f79600ae01b661f6632831b97.jpg

나의 SM-G960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

War Machine modified Hulkbuster...
Do you think it gets made like the HB from AOU or the vinyl HB 2.0 from IW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mind sharing the brand of the artificial leather dressing and protectant that you used? Did it make the jacket look darker?

Sure. It was this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018R2DD42/

Use at your own risk, but I saw no adverse affects. It did not change the color of the jacket at all. Just made it noticeably more supple and flexible where it was a bit coarse before.

War Machine modified Hulkbuster...
Do you think it gets made like the HB from AOU or the vinyl HB 2.0 from IW?

i can’t even make a guess on that... after seeing that lego set, i’m just eager to see what this thing looks like on the big screen!!

Back