1/6 Hot Toys - Solo: A Star Wars Story - HAN SOLO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really liked Solo. Enough to see it twice in theaters.

I think it under performed because it was the perfect storm of some fan outrage after TLJ, a director change which makes it feel like a troubled production, a bit of Star Wars fatigue, the release date, and insufficient and ineffective marketing.

I do think it was a missed opportunity to present it as a Lando movie, with Han being a bit more of a mysterious character. Having their prominence in the film reversed would have helped.

Ultimately, it's not an absolutely necessary movie which is to its detriment, but it's still very enjoyable with a solid cast and just the right amount of Star Wars feel.

It adds to the universe and helps build the mythology in subtle ways. Which makes me appreciate it even more now, because IX did the opposite.

If Hot Toys had committed to it, I would've gladly bought the Range Trooper and Mimban Stormtrooper, along with Lando and Qi'ra (and Han to go with them).

Alas, I only have the Mudtrooper.

Last edited:
Totally. Yellow outfit Lando is one of my most-desired Star Wars figures from HT in the future. If Bespin Lando does well enough, then maybe Solo Lando could be like Krennic and end up being a late addition to the line. :pray:

What other blasters fit in Han?s holster? (Aside from Luke?s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd buy virtually any figure from Solo and hoping they continue the line. Maybe lando and qi'ra at the very least.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I'd buy virtually any figure from Solo and hoping they continue the line. Maybe lando and qi'ra at the very least.

Extremely unlikely (almost no chance) at this point, unless they appear in a very popular Disney+ series or get a new movie that does really well.

Extremely unlikely (almost no chance) at this point, unless they appear in a very popular Disney+ series or get a new movie that does really well.
I know ..can only hope. With the popularity of Maul I could envisage a underground crime syndicate series featuring Qi'ra and maybe feature Han. Alden says he's up for it if done right and Ron Howard has recently stated Solo 2 is not an impossibility. With the momentum behind Solo 2 and the 1st's popularity it could happen.
All figures from both spin off films are pretty much much the most sought after in the HT line and sold out quickly so maybe that'll tell them something.

Last edited:
Only because they most likely produced them in very small quantities. There were barely any around for stock outside of pre-orders so they may have just made enough to fulfill pre-orders with just a small quantity of extra units.

I don't think I'd ever call Solo popular, despite it having its fans. I would honestly have strongly considered buying Han if there were at least a Chewbacca, and even more so if there were a Lando and Qi'ra. But alas, it is what it is.

Only because they most likely produced them in very small quantities. There were barely any around for stock outside of pre-orders so they may have just made enough to fulfill pre-orders with just a small quantity of extra units.

I don't think I'd ever call Solo popular, despite it having its fans. I would honestly have strongly considered buying Han if there were at least a Chewbacca, and even more so if there were a Lando and Qi'ra. But alas, it is what it is.
I don't know anyone that didnt like it . Personally I'd put it at #3 in my top SW films . Watch Solo and Rogue One more than any other.

I liked it, and there are certainly plenty of people that like it. And I'll certainly take it over the sequel trilogy at this point after IX. It certainly wasn't treated fairly while in theaters and not enough people were willing to give it a chance.

Ultimately it just didn't do well enough financially or make enough of an impact to justify taking the risk to make a lot of expensive collectibles for it, unfortunately.

I think Lando would've sold alright. Qi'ra too. But Hot Toys wasn't going to take any unnecessary risks after the TFA debacle.

I don't know anyone that didnt like it . Personally I'd put it at #3 in my top SW films . Watch Solo and Rogue One more than any other.

Me and my wife are probably the only people I know who've watched Solo. It's enjoyable and a lot of SW fans have seem to come around to it, but I don't think the general public has much at all.

But since Disney are holding back the pace of SW movies Solo will eventually have been seen by ?everyone?. And when that day comes the Solo figures will be grails. It?s a really good movie.

Little random but has anyone ever seen someone replace the head on this Solo with a Harrison Ford solo? Been thinking about getting the figure and doing that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was channel-surfing earlier and landed on TNT running "Solo" watched a little bit. Still hope there is some kind of follow-up. And where's Q'ira, HT? C'mon!

Had another look at this figure...really a great effort. Still looks good.

SOLO-022.jpg

SOLO-020.jpg

Back