Hot Toys Snowtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT snowtroopers are great! Am glad I got the two pack. Never ordered the Sideshow commander though, mostly because I still had hope in the HT version making it to the market... But no.

It could be possible they re-release this if it's shown in Mando S3.
Same here, the HT Snowies are very cool figures, and the double pack was nice - though I had to get an extra regular stand for the second trooper. I even replaced the helmet on my SSC Snowtrooper with a HT one, and it looked great, then a friend bought it from me. Never ordered the Snow Commander either, as I never really liked it, and also hoped to HT to make theirs, especially since we've seen their cool proto.

I'm in the market for a SSC Snow Commander, but needs to be at a very good price to convince me to buy it.

HT snowtroopers are great! Am glad I got the two pack. Never ordered the Sideshow commander though, mostly because I still had hope in the HT version making it to the market... But no.

It could be possible they re-release this if it's shown in Mando S3.
Yep. Only a matter of time until they go to a snow planet.

Although I luckily started early enough to be able to get the original 2 package and the AT-AT driver from SS.

Yeah, I love my Snowies - I have a fifth one that I'm finishing up made out of various HT parts. (had to take this pic in two shots due to my camera lens - some serious distortion happening.) btw Vader isn't missing a leg as he appears in this pic - he's walking. :lol

Once I'm done with the massive reboot of my SSC Snowie Commander, I'll add the fifth snowie and move them all to a larger display. I'm taking a crack at a 1/6 Veers, which is very hard to get looking right, but will add him too.

561yYnl.jpg

I love seeing that whole wall of Imperials with Vader in the middle. :clap I'm almost done with my "hero" Vader fig so can't wait to have him on display.

And yeah, the HT helmet and SSC body is a good combo. That foreground Snowie on the HT stand in my pic is a recast HT head (I widened the helmet slightly) on a SSC body/outfit. I like the SSC boots and the chestplate is a bit shallow but I maybe like it a bit better than the HT one, which has the "buttons" too big. This is a side-by-side I took when I made the "combo" Snowie (I've since retouched it a bit.)

htBp9Bb.jpg

The Snowtrooper duo looks great! The SSC Snowie is a good figure, and when you add a better helmet than the original, it can be comparable to HT.

Looks great, Tali!

The Snowtrooper duo looks great! The SSC Snowie is a good figure, and when you add a better helmet than the original, it can be comparable to HT.

Thanks guys, I do love the HT Snowie but it has a few nitpick issues - slightly stubby legs combined with a touch of "monkey arms" and the kind of unconvincing boot sculpts (which are also a little small.)

The figure is a bit short overall so I've often thought about stretching the legs a bit with longer pegs or a different body, but it never bugs me enough to do anything. It's like HT Chewy in that regard - always meaning to fix, but I end up going "meh, it's fine." :lol

Before selling the SSC Snowie with HT helmet I even wanted to narrow his chest armor by heating it. The HT's are not perfect, but are good figures. Now I'm looking for a good price on a SSC Snow Commander or, even better, hope HT will make theirs

I love seeing that whole wall of Imperials with Vader in the middle. :clap I'm almost done with my "hero" Vader fig so can't wait to have him on display.

And yeah, the HT helmet and SSC body is a good combo. That foreground Snowie on the HT stand in my pic is a recast HT head (I widened the helmet slightly) on a SSC body/outfit. I like the SSC boots and the chestplate is a bit shallow but I maybe like it a bit better than the HT one, which has the "buttons" too big. This is a side-by-side I took when I made the "combo" Snowie (I've since retouched it a bit.)

htBp9Bb.jpg
Where did you obtain the recast HT head? Thanks

Back