Hot Toys Snowtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s kind of a soft thin vinyl. Hard to describe.

Sideshow is a rubber, hot toys is far thinner and softer but allows for far better posing of the head. I was quite surprised by it after upgrading my sideshow version.

It's PU coated fabric, a nylon base with a polyurethane coating. You should be able to get from fabric stores easily enough.

I regret selling this guy over my Dark Side Anakin or Death Trooper Deluxe. Will snatch him back when I get the chance.

I got a good deal on eBay last week. Came in today and love him. He has a great range of articulation compared to OT or ST stormtroopers. 01934280-B045-4D55-B16B-8C30D7E31CF1.jpg

Nice pick up! I recently picked up the battlefront 2 pack for an outstanding deal I couldn't refuse! Got it for $500 CAD all in.

The one figure I am sad not to own. I was ready to buy from ebay but paypal does not operate here.

these are a nice treat to have. i loved the snow trooper so much i got of them. plus the E- WEB cannon

I even upgraded my Sideshow Snowtrooper with a HT helmet, and looks very cool on its own. HT Snowies are great figs, have the double pack, and still thinking if i should get out the rocket launcher for display.

My cousin and I split a two pack between us.
We divided up the accessories but he got the rocket launcher.
I did find one on ebay but the guy was looking for $75 plus shipping.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

My cousin and I split a two pack between us.
We divided up the accessories but he got the rocket launcher.
I did find one on ebay but the guy was looking for $75 plus shipping.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I keep the rocket launcher in the parts bin together with the other accessories, though not screen accurate it is a cool piece, adn thinking of displaying it somehow. We'll see. After getting the set I bought an extra regular (non flying) stand for the second Snowie.

It has several major failings (stubby legs, too-small and unconvincingly crappy Hasbro boots, too short overall), but I do love the HT Snowie.

I may still build another custom/kit-bash snowie for my Hoth display (I have two kitbash and two stock HT) which I'm about to upgrade a bit from the somewhat drab current display.

brBYTlu.jpg

l69lrW7.jpg

I think the Snowtrooper is one of the best Troopers Hot Toys has done personally. It’s just too bad I really have no one to pair him with. I should have gotten the AT-AT Driver and Snowtrooper Commander by Sideshow.

Skipped Sideshow's Commander hoping HT's prototype would get a PO soon after the grunt release. Crossing fingers it's not far behind Snowspeeder's pilot Luke.

Surprised no 40th Anniversary reissue of this with the fancy vintage style packaging. Would be some quick and easy cash for them.

I absolutely love the HT Snowtroopers...except for the boots.

I gave up ages ago on ever getting that HT Commander, unless by some miracle like Krennic we get Veers and they decide to revive that wonderful Commander proto along with. Or maybe Mando will stumble across some old grizzled Snowies clinging to life while stranded on Hoth. Would be a great setting for a survival horror episode involving a Wampa cave :lol

Yeah, I'm in the process of upgrading my SSC Snowie Commander to more closely match the HT version - repainted/tweaked HT chest armor and HT hands/new gauntlets, thinning the flare on the SSC helmet a bit, new holster. Many of the basics of the SSC figure are actually really good - it just has some glaring issues but the helmet actually looks pretty good. He's also a bit too tall.

It has several major failings (stubby legs, too-small and unconvincingly crappy Hasbro boots, too short overall), but I do love the HT Snowie.

I may still build another custom/kit-bash snowie for my Hoth display (I have two kitbash and two stock HT) which I'm about to upgrade a bit from the somewhat drab current display.

brBYTlu.jpg

l69lrW7.jpg

That looks great.

Surprised no 40th Anniversary reissue of this with the fancy vintage style packaging. Would be some quick and easy cash for them.

With so many figures at different production stages, i bet they are running out of options when it comes to finding an assembly line available

Back