Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great. Jedi sculpt doesn't look too bad with the new hairpiece. Hopefully that same amount of weathering makes it through the production phase.

Crazy to think we haven't got an OT reveal since but I'm guessing they're stretched with all the Mandalorian stuff. Please reveal Bespin Han already so we can all move on with our lives.

I thought we got Lando offered after this, but that might be about it. Can't keep track but we're certainly in serious dry spell for OT.

Meh doesn't bother really. Is it luke in an orange, cold weather flight suit? Yup. Good enough for me.

Yeah I think this could easily work for either environment, since the outfit was never pristine on Hoth either. And plus HT always adds a lot more weathering to their protos than we ever see on the final product.

This looks to be my next SW purchase. Only OT OGs from now on! Maybe a Han and Chewie from ESB or ROTJ and/or another Bespin Luke might be all I want from SW at this point. I think helmet on and lightsaber on will be my display choice.

I'm still enjoying the heck out of my SS Snowspeeder Luke. Maybe I'll feel like an upgrade (if it is indeed an upgrade) by the time this is released. God knows I've got time to think it over. ;)

I'm still enjoying the heck out of my SS Snowspeeder Luke. Maybe I'll feel like an upgrade (if it is indeed an upgrade) by the time this is released. God knows I've got time to think it over. ;)

I'm no doubt keeping both. Luke looked different from scene to scene and I think the two figures do a decent job of reflecting that.

Waiting for Beskar Mando that I ordered last year, but I think this will be the next figure I actually purchase. Hope they give him a different sculpt from the ROTJ one in the end, but looks good either way. Will look great with some snowtroopers.

Seems like forever ago I PO'ed this (it was: Aug 2020) - yet it's still more than a year away from shipping (ships from Popcultcha May/June 2022.) Really can't get used to this new two-year window.

Also, it sucks in terms of a company or dealer going out of business, or just simply not coming through with the order - how are you supposed to make a paypal claim or even credit card chargeback when the charge was two years ago?

Even the CC company would laugh at you, trying to do a chargeback for something paid for so long ago. Does anyone think about that?

I got a decent deal on this fig from PC (US$240 all in,) but I think this will be the last figure I do this on - it's just too risky.

I cannot wait for this release.
It will be my first Luke figure and breaks my ?*only Helmeted/Empire*? Star Wars figures. I personally like the head sculpt. I think it will be a supreme release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like forever ago I PO'ed this (it was: Aug 2020) - yet it's still more than a year away from shipping (ships from Popcultcha May/June 2022.) Really can't get used to this new two-year window.

Also, it sucks in terms of a company or dealer going out of business, or just simply not coming through with the order - how are you supposed to make a paypal claim or even credit card chargeback when the charge was two years ago?

Even the CC company would laugh at you, trying to do a chargeback for something paid for so long ago. Does anyone think about that?

I got a decent deal on this fig from PC (US$240 all in,) but I think this will be the last figure I do this on - it's just too risky.

:exactly: :lecture

Yeah I wouldn?t go making a habit of it just asking for a headache later on down the road it?s not an if but when scenario.

They should be paying us interest for holding our money lol

Last edited:

Yep, it's crazy. I remember like 10 years ago that happened--that some private small vendor went out of business and kept most of the pre-order money. I think I might have ordered from that guy too, but had gotten something that was in-stock so I was lucky to not have gotten caught up in that whole situation. Anyway, that scared me away from pre-ordering from small vendors.

Looking forward to this one. It will be the only Luke in my collection and will round out my SW figures nicely.

Yeah I'd never pay up front THAT far in advance. Generally when I've had to pay up front it's from the toy companies themselves like Super7 and NECA preorders or something like that. I'm sure Popcultcha will be around for a long time but it's still a lot to leave hanging.

Yeah I'd never pay up front THAT far in advance. Generally when I've had to pay up front it's from the toy companies themselves like Super7 and NECA preorders or something like that. I'm sure Popcultcha will be around for a long time but it's still a lot to leave hanging.

The problem is that stores like PC offer a discount in the first month or so of the pre-order period. I think PC's discount on this figure was AU$45. Not massive, but in an era of ever-rising (over already sky-high...) prices, it's something.

So it really comes down to get a lower price and take the risk, or wait for it to be in stock and pay more.

And yeah, PC is big and has been around, but we are still in the midst of a pandemic that has hollowed out a ton of businesses - the risk would be there even without the pandemic but its heightened right now, and will be until this figure ships.

Tell me who'd be honestly shocked if even a company like Sideshow suddenly announced bankruptcy. These are weird days. So no, not a fan of this "pay up two years ahead of ship date."

To be honest, collectible sales seem to have been through the roof on all accounts in the last year. Those lucky to be healthy and working in the last year seem to have been extremely bored at home and buying everything lol.

The problem is that stores like PC offer a discount in the first month or so of the pre-order period. I think PC's discount on this figure was AU$45. Not massive, but in an era of ever-rising (over already sky-high...) prices, it's something.

I place my orders with PC during that first month also as it usually makes their prices competitive with HK stores. Once they remove the discount it makes it harder to choose.

PC do offer a $100 AUD deposit including during that first month of discounted prices so you don't have to pay all upfront. Is that option available for overseas buyers when you are on the site?

I place my orders with PC during that first month also as it usually makes their prices competitive with HK stores. Once they remove the discount it makes it harder to choose.

PC do offer a $100 AUD deposit including during that first month of discounted prices so you don't have to pay all upfront. Is that option available for overseas buyers when you are on the site?

I pay in USD so it is a bit risky to have a "pay balance later" - the somewhat volatile Australian dollar has strengthened a bit since I paid, so it would have cost more vs paying say last month (it was around US71c=AU$1 when I paid, it went as high as US80c=AU$1 recently, but is back around 77c.)

For something that's AU$430, going from 71c to say 86c can make a difference of over US$60 in that timeframe, which for most would be a dealbreaker. Though this extra risk factor is obviously only for those paying in other currencies.

This is another problem with this two year wait - it's long enough that economic conditions can change quite a bit. Nine months or so has far less fluctuation.

If the final production turns out like the Proto,I can see this selling super fast.
Such a gorgeous figure from the most epic movie EVER!!

Was browsing Sideshow's site and came across a tease for a 1/6th Jedi Star Fighter. This got me thinking, who here would kill for a 1/6th scale Snowspeeder by Hot Toys? The Snowspeeder is a fairly small craft so it actually ought to be pretty doable, and not require a warehouse to store. Of course this would require they at least make a Dak Ralter figure as well to go in the back seat of the thing. LOL

Back