Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that the HS is bad that comes with this figure but the DX23/24/25 sculpt (as shown by jedijim a few pages back) - just elevates it to a another level imo. I suppose if it came looking like that it would be sold out by now. Anyway, I went ahead and grabbed a extra to do the same to mine.

$7.50 ship?

Yes!

The "mix and match" promo provided a $120 discount. I threw $55.85 in RPs. Full in, it was about $175 per item. Patience is indeed a virtue...

ss order.jpg

I'm shocked how many they made of this. How can this great figure be constantly up for sale at SS with all that junk?
It's surprising, shocking even, but has also been a huge boon for customizers. The parts have been endlessly plentiful and often quite cheap. I got all the bits I needed for a bunch of Hoth base/pilot figs that I would never have been able to do for retail let alone after-market jumps in price.

HT made a big mistake not using the new Mando/Bespin sculpt for the snowspeeder release - my guess is a lot of casual fans (who only want a single Luke) simply decided to wait for the Luke figs that used that new sculpt. It's also "technically" not the iconic ESB outfit for Luke for one-and-done collectors.

I'd also argue that, headsculpt aside, there are a number of aspects of the HT Luke Snowsp fig that are inferior to the SSC version (though in a few ways - eg chestbox and boots - it's a noticeable improvement.)

It was an opportunity to nail the rebel pilot helmet once and for all and, like HT often does, it was instead kinda middling (inaccurate emblems, overall helmet shape slightly off, visor a bit off etc) And as with most HT releases, I haaate the gloved hand sculpts.

It's surprising, shocking even, but has also been a huge boon for customizers. The parts have been endlessly plentiful and often quite cheap. I got all the bits I needed for a bunch of Hoth base/pilot figs that I would never have been able to do for retail let alone after-market jumps in price...

Excellent points regarding the opportunities available for obtaining loose parts. I know that I have enough loose parts to build "2" additional pilots.

By the way, just received an email from SS that my Snowspeeder Luke (and Bat-Pod) have shipped!

I have a SS and HT Snowspeeder Luke and will be repainting one of the helmets to make a Dak figure. Any suggestions which helmet is more accurate as so to use the other one to repaint? Also, any consensus which figure is an overall better Luke, especially in the head sculpt?

20% off today, really want this but wondering if there will be a bigger discount closer to Black Friday, it always happens lol.

Back