Hot toys Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like HT gets stuff done for Star Wars more so for any other license. If they show it, it tends to go up for Star Wars.

I have to disagree with that. HT of late has been very bad at teasing protos/figures that never see the light of day...

Here's the short list off the top of my head:

Death Star Trooper
ANH Stormtrooper sergeant
Snowtrooper Commander
R5-D4
R4-I9
AOTC 3PO
TFA 3PO
Poe
Elite Snowtrooper
Range Trooper
2nd Mudtrooper
Shoretrooper grunt
Shoretrooper Squad Leader
Mimban Trooper
Chewbacca (Solo)
Baze
Tank Commander
Padme
Luke Bespin
Han Bespin
Battle Droids
Utapau Clone trooper

I'm sure there are more... [notice I didn't put Jango up]

I actually think Marvel gets more stuff made than Star Wars does, relative to what HT teases. Unless you are waiting for Drax and Gamora.

I have to disagree with that. HT of late has been very bad at teasing protos/figures that never see the light of day...

Death Star Trooper
Snowtrooper Commander
R5-D4
R4-I9
AOTC 3PO
TFA 3PO
Poe
Elite Snowtrooper
Range Trooper
2nd Mudtrooper
Shoretrooper grunt
Mimban Trooper
Chewbacca (Solo)
Baze
Tank Commander
Padme
Luke Bespin
Han Bespin
Battle Droids
Utapau Clone trooper

I actually think Marvel gets more stuff made than Star Wars does, relative to what HT teases. Unless you are waiting for Drax and Gamora.

They showed TWO gonk/power droids (Lars homestead and Mos Eisley streets) that have not been made - the one they released (sandcrawler) with the Jawa is a third variant that wasn't previewed until later.

Not even sure if you're supposed to count stuff like the TIE fighter or Jedi starfighter which were supposedly confirmed saleable products, or the Falcon cockpit which appeared like it'd be sold but many assumed was partly just for show display.

^ Kit Fisto

That guy's name always cracks me up. It's like a S&M bondage handle.:lol

Yeah but with the experience of IM figures it should have been a quick and easy figure for them. I doubt it will happen for whatever reason.

Agreed.
He should be a DX too if anything.
I'm definitely down for this guy as i have all the Luke figures and never got the sideshow version of this guy.

But agree with everyone else...WHERE THE F is Bespin Han and Lando?!?!?!?!

They showed TWO gonk/power droids (Lars homestead and Mos Eisley streets) that have not been made - the one they released (sandcrawler) with the Jawa is a third variant that wasn't previewed until later.

Not even sure if you're supposed to count stuff like the TIE fighter or Jedi starfighter which were supposedly confirmed saleable products, or the Falcon cockpit which appeared like it'd be sold but many assumed was partly just for show display.

Yeah, I didn't want to count those always unlikely vehicles.

Since they did ultimately release a "GONK", I let the deviations slide.

I should also have added the "2nd Jawa"...

Yeah, I didn't want to count those always unlikely vehicles.

Since they did ultimately release a "GONK", I let the deviations slide.

I should also have added the "2nd Jawa"...

There'd be a whole lot more tooling and effort needed to produce three distinct gonks (that share an overall body shape but have totally different molded detailing all over them) than say the sandie sergeant, which is just a different pauldron, rifle and maybe weathering paint app.

But the production of three different gonks really makes you wonder why they would do something like that. Why HT does a lot of this is a mystery. I mean seriously - three different gonks produced but no still Han Bespin? Just bizarre.

And the TIE was "officially" confirmed in an interview with HT as coming soon as a for-sale item (by I think Yodasnews.)

Death Star Trooper
Snowtrooper Commander
R5-D4
R4-I9
AOTC 3PO
TFA 3PO
Poe
Elite Snowtrooper
Range Trooper
2nd Mudtrooper
Shoretrooper grunt
Mimban Trooper
Chewbacca (Solo)
Baze
Tank Commander
Padme
Luke Bespin
Han Bespin
Battle Droids
Utapau Clone trooper

I completely ignore all ST/Solo/Most RO stuff... so that list was waaaaay longer than I initially thought :lol

I guess HT is equally **** in releasing things :lol I think the list of Marvel figures is just as long :lol

Looking at the reference pics, source material, this Luke is pretty accurate. He just needs a size more on the jacket.

Seems like the ?puffiness? is all over the place. Inside echo base hanger before piloting the speeder he doesn?t seem to have the extra padding or gun holster.
dbe813af82ceaa845a7a9d2b4b819230.jpg

Then in the snow he?s padded up. Still no holster.
12133933da4bbaf01a436ac13a555714.jpg

Here you can see the two different oranges between the jumpsuit and the thermal jacket.
584c1c0f5dd9b802a328ef557a8c166d.jpg

Then upon arriving on Dagobah we see no padding again but with holster.
8a1acd7ebebee61bf17c42ddea2d0aab.jpg

90fca1dcf9c81709f07d682de55a5a79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe they removed the padding because it was filmed in the studio... Outdoor shots clearly have and undercoat for extra warmth.... Just movie magic

Enviado desde mi SM-P550 mediante Tapatalk

I have the excellent SS Rogue Commander Luke but I couldn’t display him as a Dagobah landing Luke. The HT version if it ever releases I will use as the Dagobah Luke as it seems the jumpsuit and jacket are thinner which matches the costume in Dagobah. Probably will need to switch the boots since the SS has darker boots and maybe use the HT helmet if it is more detailed.

The one thing that really catches my eye as needing fixed or at least futzed better is that collar. It doesn’t poof out like it should.

C13CB86A-432C-435F-B7A9-235619460A0E.jpeg
D03500B3-4236-4F7F-A77B-3C30DDC95F7E.jpeg

Shown on Facebook. The suit wasn't as "poofy" as the SS would lead you to believe. [emoji848]View attachment 490706

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What gets me is they haven't used a shiny parka material. It looks to be the same matt material as the pants/overalls.

SS got it right. And I'm sure Hot Toys would have had one as a reference. Weird.

Sure they could be waiting on the material, but I mean how long have they had for this figure ?

PT is pretty big in modern pup culture right now. A combination of memes, renewed interest, movies being seen more positively, aging kids/teens who are now adults with buying power, and the TCW cartoons. It's why we are seeing so many PT HT now compared to anything else in the last few years.

I understand the point you?re trying to make, but with how long these figures take to develop, get approval for, produce, and release, the handful of PT figures we?ve seen were in development long before the renewed interest in the Prequel Trilogy.

Most of us that have been around for a while are aware of how long Anakin was said to be in development, which is closer to the start of the Star Wars line.

And while the PT has seen a resurgence amongst Star Wars fans for various reasons of late (I think more fondly of it now than before, especially after IX), we all live in a bubble within a bubble of high end collectibles in a specific product market.

Hot Toys doesn?t make business decisions based on the number of people that make prequel memes. There?s a ton of Star Wars collectors but the number of people that buy Hot Toys is minuscule compared to say Hasbro or LEGO. And while I don?t have numbers, OT is likely still far ahead of anything else as far as driving merchandise sales.

At the end of the day, Hot Toys is a business and they release what they believe will sell well and make as much profit as possible. Figures like Obi-Wan, Anakin, Maul, and Yoda were being developed years ago because they were considered safe bets from a business perspective. They?re popular characters even outside of the goodwill the PT has gotten in the last couple of years.

Ultimately, and unfortunately, regardless of what collectors want, we?re now left with a company that?s still small but have taken on way too much and are very, very risk averse for various reasons. Mainly the TFA figure debacle and limited production capacity versus the increasing number of blockbusters with larger and larger casts of characters.

I might add to that that Hot Toys are also potentially falling into the typical trap of becoming complacent due to being on top too long with no real competition. And being a monopoly for high end Star Wars and Marvel I might add.

This often leads to laziness due to the "fire and ambition" to get to the top no longer is there as it once was.

Hence we see re-use of sculpts, cheap bases etc

If only Blitzway or Asmus could take that final step to get closer and also get a Star Wars license there would be some real competition.

Asmus can't make a decent sculpt. I would like to see Dam Toys getting rich, buying SW licence and blow HT to pieces. And yes, Dam Toys figures are on same level of quality. Even with their resources nowhere near to HT.

Back